First 180.
I'm stuck at 3 total right now lol still trying to get one on my granboard
Target Daytona Fire GT10 18g Soft Tip Darts
Ton80 Count-5
(07-22-2019, 07:44 PM)Zero Wrote: Incidentally, there is a practice routine I do sometimes that I call the Foam Axe (because it is homynymous with 'Faux Max').

Just saying Smile

FOAM ... AXE... !!! Brilliant! I’m definitely gonna work this into my practice routine as that anxiety you mention when two land is totally real. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---
Stockton-on-Tees / Manchester
RvB 80's Target, 25g

It took me almost three months and a lot of frustrated attempts, with the first two darts in the triple 20 and then missing nervously the third dart far away from the target.. but then out of the nothing a few weeks ago I successfully completed my first 180. I have it on video Smile so even if I would never hit 180 anymore, I have a recollection of the moment for myself. Glad I did that, because since hitting that first 180 I seem to be in a form crisis and I'm becoming worser by the day..
(09-12-2019, 10:59 PM)Snowie221 Wrote: It took me almost three months and a lot of frustrated attempts, with the first two darts in the triple 20 and then missing nervously the third dart far away from the target.. but then out of the nothing a few weeks ago I successfully completed my first 180. I have it on video Smile so even if I would never hit 180 anymore, I have a recollection of the moment for myself. Glad I did that, because since hitting that first 180 I seem to be in a form crisis and I'm becoming worser by the day..

That probably boils down to the following linked article, I do that myself (over stress) it detracts from the enjoyment up to a point and probably affects throwing and accuracy, I think you have to try and play through that and remember that you cant always hit the mark every time, I guess that is what seperates the darts legends from the rest of us mortals, its also, worth remembering that even the pro`s can sometimes struggle to maintain consistancy and not all of us are meant  to be darts legends (I guess) the next 180 you hit will probably come out of the blue, one day, when you least expect it (have fun) ;-)

https://www.dartbase.com/slump.htm
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current preferred weight 19 to 23 grams, with 21 gram, being my current favourate.

Favourate current darts set up :- 21 grams 46 to 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts, standard flights.
(09-13-2019, 04:51 PM)Phil D Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 10:59 PM)Snowie221 Wrote: It took me almost three months and a lot of frustrated attempts, with the first two darts in the triple 20 and then missing nervously the third dart far away from the target.. but then out of the nothing a few weeks ago I successfully completed my first 180. I have it on video Smile so even if I would never hit 180 anymore, I have a recollection of the moment for myself. Glad I did that, because since hitting that first 180 I seem to be in a form crisis and I'm becoming worser by the day..

That probably boils down to the following linked article, I do that myself (over stress) it detracts from the enjoyment up to a point and probably affects throwing and accuracy, I think you have to try and play through that and remember that you cant always hit the mark every time, I guess that is what seperates the darts legends from the rest of us mortals, its also, worth remembering that even the pro`s can sometimes struggle to maintain consistancy and not all of us are meant  to be darts legends (I guess) the next 180 you hit will probably come out of the blue, one day, when you least expect it (have fun) ;-)

https://www.dartbase.com/slump.htm

thanks for the article.  
very interesting!  

I'll just keep practicing and then the next 180 will follow sooner or later :-)