First 180.
How long did it take you to hit your first 180?
Ages  Smile . I really don´t remember exactly ( eggsactly  Big Grin ), cause I played only occasionally in the beginning for a while, before I started to practice more seriously and finally became completely nutz...
Which I still am, though I don´t play any serious games ( isn´t that a contradiction?) any more.
(04-04-2018, 10:46 PM)055 Wrote: Ages  Smile . I really don´t remember exactly ( eggsactly  Big Grin ), cause I played only occasionally in the beginning for a while, before I started to practice more seriously and finally became completely nutz...
Which I still am, though I don´t play any serious games ( isn´t that a contradiction?) any more.

”eggsactly” haha made my day!! It took my for ever as well, but I’m also a soft tip guy, so it’s extremely rare for me haha
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
Seems like it was about 2 years.  I don't really remember when I started throwing.  I want to say it was about a year and a half or so before I joined the forum, which was November 2016, and I hit my first max a couple months after that.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
I have played more since getting back into the game 4 months ago, than my entire prior life. That prior ability did carry over and hit my first two months after getting serious. I used to think that was the end all be all shot, but I would rather now hit hack to back 140’s than a random 180
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, Wolfram Infinity 20g Soft

Bottlesen GT's 24g new model, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g Gzt Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 
Blade 5 DC

180's: Yes
Best finish: 129 ( 19, T20, B) Pro-Darter
Two and a half years.

(04-05-2018, 07:11 AM)Berlin180 Wrote: Two and a half years.

Me too.
3 days.

Started playing 29-12-2016 and hit my first 180 on 31-12-2016 .

[Image: 1329a6b92ea35ceb2ae62fa514f50c4d.jpg]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
[Image: 4912264.png]
2017 stats:                            2018 stats:
200 x 180 score                       94 x 180 score
129 x 100+ finish                      54 x 100+ finish
170 highest finish                     160 highest finish (2x)
Best leg; 12 darts (2x)              Best leg; 11 darts

Highest avg in best of 13 game; 80,93
Just started back to playing after casually playing cricket with my buddy off and on for a little while. All he will play is no score Cricket. So that's all we ever played. I hung my board recently and dusted off the darts. Probably play a few times a week with the GF. We mix it up between cricket and 301. I've thrown a few 120+ but haven't hit a 180 yet.
This has been stated before, but perhaps worth repeating.  When getting in to, or back to darts, we often obsess with 180's.  IMO, this is a mistake.  Scoring is one thing, max's another.  If you're playing n01, the object is fewest darts thrown, that's how you get your average.  Not by chasing 180's.

Besides, if you work on consistent scoring in that context, you end up switching a lot.  You do this to set up the finish, reducing the number of darts thrown.  When you have that as your mind set, the max's will just come.

Can't comment how this fits in with Cricket, sorry...

Good darting and good luck...