Target 'Storm Surge' Points - 7 Days Later
(05-02-2018, 05:52 PM)Noj Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 05:21 PM)blacko Wrote: This is something to bare in mind for people thinking of throwing the ltd edition Rob Cross darts as well if the special arctic surge points in them wear the same!

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Reading the post about the state of the limited edition Rob Cross darts after a weeks use I think the points are the least of the concerns.

Noj
LOL fair point

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
not a big fan of these points
So how have the Onyx points held up? My experience has been anything that relies on a physical grip (barrels or points) wears in due course, just a matter of how long. While a simple smooth ringed barrel and smooth points can last ages (although the slow shortening of the points can go unnoticed for some time!).
Ive had the same results as the OP. Much more blunt point than most dart points. Although I find blunt points have less bounce outs. These do seem to wear down rather quickly for the money spent.
I put Storm Nano Grip Points on my Carrera C5's two months ago and they still look like the day I put them on. They're perfect, look good as new and the grip is superb if anyone's thought about using them!!

[Image: 6F9Rive.jpg]
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 (23g)
Target Pro Grip Clear Short Stems
Target Vision Fade Black Punched Flights 
Target Titanium Slot Lock Rings
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 56
2018: 27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why fit Storm points in all barrels ? Fred-180 24 8,700 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Noj