Target 'Storm Surge' Points - 7 Days Later
Ayup Comrades

I'm sorry but I wouldn't let anyone throw at my board with them points!

Shed
I only use normal points on my practice darts at home but have Onyx points in my match darts for use down the pub - personally I think they look and function far better than Storms.

If ever there was an advert for not getting these Storm Surge points though then this thread is it - for £10 they should last and wear a lot better than the ones in these pics.

Quick question, have you contacted Target about this, and if so what did they say? If you haven't then I'm sure they would like to know of any issues - possibly faulty batch or something.
(04-07-2018, 10:24 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I only use normal points on my practice darts at home but have Onyx points in my match darts for use down the pub - personally I think they look and function far better than Storms.  

If ever there was an advert for not getting these Storm Surge points though then this thread is it - for £10 they should last and wear a lot better than the ones in these pics.

Quick question, have you contacted Target about this, and if so what did they say?  If you haven't then I'm sure they would like to know of any issues - possibly faulty batch or something.

Just like to say I purchased 4 sets of gold 30mm from two different online sites, Now the problem I had was only six of the twelve points actually fitted into my darts, strange how six were too small for my darts no chance of staying in the darts, you could push it in to the dart but it would not stay in it, surely they must have been faulty as they had just came out of a packet brand new
(04-04-2018, 09:53 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:50 PM)JDooner94 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:24 PM)The G Wrote: I wonder how often Rob Cross gets his points changed ?
Or, maybe he just grabs a whole new set of darts . LOL

True! I sometimes wonder how often players change their actual barrels. But yeah I’m sure he gets a new set each time. Those points wouldn’t last in a Pro environment. Especially with his grouping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe most Target players (Barney/Cross/Chizzy and previously Taylor) use a brand new set fairly often. I have never seen much grouping marks on their darts.

Apparently Rob Cross changes to new darts every month .

Match Darts=Cosmo John Part ® 20.4g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

This is something to bare in mind for people thinking of throwing the ltd edition Rob Cross darts as well if the special arctic surge points in them wear the same!

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
Curious, how much of a difference is there between the target sorm points and the target storm surge point?
Anyone tried both?
(04-04-2018, 09:50 PM)JDooner94 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:24 PM)The G Wrote: I wonder how often Rob Cross gets his points changed ?
Or, maybe he just grabs a whole new set of darts . LOL

True! I sometimes wonder how often players change their actual barrels. But yeah I’m sure he gets a new set each time. Those points wouldn’t last in a Pro environment. Especially with his grouping!

I guess this can sometimes be misleading for the average players as opposed to the pros. And that is in all sports, never mind darts. Part of their sponsorship deals and equipment deals, is basically free equipment on demand, so they are not even paying for it for a start. And that level of equipment sponsorship has gone somewhat to the extremes personally.

You'd hear of acadamy footballers cleaning the first team players boots. That doesn't happen anymore, as players make their own requests for the amount they want a season. Some wear new boots each game, some each month, some are old school and use them until they get wrecked. Goalkeepers change their gloves every match now, as opposed to half way through a season.

Golfers get their clubs re-grooved nearly every two weeks, some longer, some shorter.

Point also is that proffesionals do a lot of practice, so the wear and tear can be quicker. It's their entire career. 

I know from just watching some general interviews and bits an pieces, players in darts mentioning they would replace their flights alone, easily three times a match on the stage. Stems get changed out also depending. I wouldn't be surprised to hear pro's change their points per week, or even entire sets week to week or relatively frequently. Wouldn't you, if you didn't have to pay for them Wink
"Wouldn't you, if you didn't have to pay for them"..... AND... if your livelihood depended on them?

[Image: 40044213562_88cce74fd0_b.jpg]

Target 9Five Generation 3s Cool  23.g (weighted 22s) 32mm points.  How can I miss with them arrows?  Undecided   

(04-21-2018, 05:21 PM)blacko Wrote: This is something to bare in mind for people thinking of throwing the ltd edition Rob Cross darts as well if the special arctic surge points in them wear the same!

Reading the post about the state of the limited edition Rob Cross darts after a weeks use I think the points are the least of the concerns.

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
Lol fair point

2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why fit Storm points in all barrels ? Fred-180 24 8,677 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Noj