Target 'Storm Surge' Points - 7 Days Later
Hello all,

Last Wednesday morning, I received the newly released Storm Surge points by Target. I opted for the black.

I've fit them in to the Target Carrera C4, 24g, with short clear stems and No2 flights.

They've worn down a significant amount already and I haven't thrown more than normal. The grooves are very smooth already and they lack that heavy grip they initially had. They are almost comparable to regular standard points the more they've worn down.

I understand points take the most beating when throwing darts and of course they're going to wear down, but I almost feel like I'll be replacing them again soon whereas my previous points last 4-5 months.

Just wondering has anyone else picked these up?

[Image: target.jpg]
They seem to be pretty blunt as well.
(04-04-2018, 06:09 PM)elevendarter Wrote: They seem to be pretty blunt as well.

Yeah I've had to sharpen the tips multiple times. Just did them about 5 min after taking the photos!
Try the target fire points.....they are fab for finger and board grip
I wonder how often Rob Cross gets his points changed ?
Or, maybe he just grabs a whole new set of darts . LOL

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

(04-04-2018, 09:03 PM)Papa w Wrote: Try the target fire points.....they are fab for finger and board grip

Yeah definitely. I’ve used them in the past as I used to throw RvB 95

Going to fit some Onyx points and see how they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-04-2018, 09:24 PM)The G Wrote: I wonder how often Rob Cross gets his points changed ?

True! I sometimes wonder how often players change their actual barrels. But yeah I’m sure he gets a new set each time. Those points wouldn’t last in a Pro environment. Especially with his grouping!

(04-04-2018, 09:50 PM)JDooner94 Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:24 PM)The G Wrote: I wonder how often Rob Cross gets his points changed ?

True! I sometimes wonder how often players change their actual barrels. But yeah I’m sure he gets a new set each time. Those points wouldn’t last in a Pro environment. Especially with his grouping!

I believe most Target players (Barney/Cross/Chizzy and previously Taylor) use a brand new set fairly often. I have never seen much grouping marks on their darts.
(04-04-2018, 09:53 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: I believe most Target players (Barney/Cross/Chizzy and previously Taylor) use a brand new set fairly often. I have never seen much grouping marks on their darts.

Taylor used to use a new set for every match. It depends on the Pro really. Some stick to one set, one change every few weeks, others every match. Well, not everyone can afford the every match a new set philosophy.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
I don’t think they will ever be in my Darts, smooth black storms for me.
Personnel choice though, they look very poor for such new points.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why fit Storm points in all barrels ? Fred-180 24 9,631 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Noj