Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player
On two separate instances last night playing singles, my opponents were getting visibly frustrated because they weren't hitting their marks in cricket or hitting too many 26s in 501. Pulling darts out roughly, muttering, etc. No board punching thankfully.

If they only knew how seeing that put me in a totally relaxed mode, took the pressure off, and I won both matches.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(05-28-2014, 01:31 AM)Dorian Wrote: Hi All,

Apart from developing your own style and getting the right dart by far the most important practice skill is grouping your darts as close as possible.

I love the sound of darts connecting in a tight group even if their slightly off target. Getting tighter with your grouping means your throwing action is becoming more relaxed and you're developing your own rhythm.

So in summary, my 3 tips for beginners in no particular order of priority are:

Grouping

Grouping

Grouping

Cheers,

Well put, and George would agree Im sure.

I love that little click-clack of three well grouped darts!
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(11-07-2013, 03:03 PM)*Saber* Wrote: This is my opinion but I think good advice.
The other night while watching the top league match a lower league was playing and one of the newbies asked me how to become a good player.

I had played him before in Cricket and 01 and just destroyed him. A nice kid and here was my answers to him.

1. Extend your arm to your target and end up with palm of your hand down. ( 90% of players around here snatch their darts)
2. Focus
3. Practice,Practice,practice and learn your outs.

Of course there are more to it than that but you get this part down you have a solid base IMO.

bump for newbies.
Great tips here...
Excuse my ignorance, but what is snatching? I am guessing that it means more wrist than elbow. Is that correct?

Sorry. I found another thread on it. Cheers
New board, new darts, does anyone know which store sells ability?
Question about palm being down. If you was watching me from the side, the back of my hand would be facing you. So to get palm to face down I would have to twist my hand as I throw. Is this something I should be doing? I have been making an effort to make sure my follow through is full and not cut off but my hand doesn't wind up flat down.
And what is the definition of snatching.
Steel Tip:
22g Carrera C10,C9,C3
Soft Tip:
18g Target Carrera C11,C1
18g Cyclones
Total 180's 1
First 180 Nov 8 2014 on wda
Trips for show, Dubs for dough
(10-29-2014, 11:38 AM)ozzi Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what is snatching? I am guessing that it means more wrist than elbow. Is that correct?

Sorry. I found another thread on it. Cheers
I too wonder what snatching is? Where is this other thread? Thx
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points
This thread I think: http://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=3240
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
An important thing to remember. There are NO shortcuts to becoming a great player. There's NO magical dart or magical dart board that will make you better. So stop searching for answers. Instead, put in time on the oche. Then put in some more time. And when you can't take it anymore, put in more time. But also be aware of what you practice. It's been my long standing opinion that practice will only make you good at practicing. If you want to improve as quick as possible gt yourself on WDA or Prodarter and get playing matches. Put yourself under pressure. I've never once been put under pressure by a computer program or a practice routine. Online darts is awesome for replicating real life darts right in the comfort of your own home. It's the new age key to improving to become a top level player.
(11-23-2014, 03:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: This thread I think: http://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=3240
Yes, I'm one of those a snatcher!

The temptation to use this word in colourful speech is great, but instead I'm going downstairs and practice the follow thru. Angel
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 9 844 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Darts Etiquette - Good stuff *Saber* 85 27,890 05-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Mainedarts
  What are the top 3 things players new to the game want to know? nixer55 16 552 04-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  Darts General Orientation (Dartsnutz University: Beginners Level) guest2 17 8,603 02-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Useful Bobby George video for beginners. Boneshaker 11 971 11-29-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  my way for beginners part 3 nightcrawler 11 2,778 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  my way for beginners part2 nightcrawler 13 2,736 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kavel
  my way for beginners part 1 nightcrawler 19 4,469 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Godfather4074
  my way for beginners part 8 nightcrawler 9 1,935 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving
  my way for beginners part 7 nightcrawler 8 2,105 08-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving