Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player
Poor sportsmanship is really the worst. Ive seen and heard of sulking, punching things (never a dartboard....yet), slamming down darts, hurling remaining darts at the board or wall when busting... I try to go with the old adage "never let em see you sweat". If I see an opponent losing it like that, I know if we play again that night, Im already ahead of the game.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

lol at league night last night one of the other teams members punched the board. im there thinking really?!?! its crazy how serious people take it.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
Year ago I was on a very good team and a former Top Shooter of ours loss it and punched the board and threw his darts across the room. He was a friend of mind but I never played for that team after that season. In fact he did it again in another match that sealed the deal for me. I really don't like to lose but to act that way is thumbs down for me.
I really don't see the point. Why not put that energy into focus and hit your shot. I hate to lose but I'm gracious in defeat. If I lose to someone who I should on paper beat then it's my fault and it makes me practice harder on where I went wrong

I'm a very competitive person, competition is one of my favorite things in life. I enjoy the aspect of bettering myself in everything i do, but not at the expense of having fun and mutual respect.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(05-27-2014, 08:06 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: I'm a very competitive person, competition is one of my favorite things in life. I enjoy the aspect of bettering myself in everything i do, but not at the expense of having fun and mutual respect.

I agree 100%
(05-27-2014, 05:33 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: lol at league night last night one of the other teams members punched the board. im there thinking really?!?! its crazy how serious people take it.

I hope they punched with their non-throwing hand.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(05-27-2014, 08:18 PM)Beacon_Darts Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 05:33 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: lol at league night last night one of the other teams members punched the board. im there thinking really?!?! its crazy how serious people take it.

I hope they punched with their non-throwing hand.

You would think so...but nope

Hi All,

Apart from developing your own style and getting the right dart by far the most important practice skill is grouping your darts as close as possible.

I love the sound of darts connecting in a tight group even if their slightly off target. Getting tighter with your grouping means your throwing action is becoming more relaxed and you're developing your own rhythm.

So in summary, my 3 tips for beginners in no particular order of priority are:

Grouping

Grouping

Grouping

Cheers,
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(05-27-2014, 08:06 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: I'm a very competitive person, competition is one of my favorite things in life. I enjoy the aspect of bettering myself in everything i do, but not at the expense of having fun and mutual respect.

Absolutely bud. I love close games... I love battling. And win or lose, if it was a true battle... I will rant for hours about how awesome it was. If I get smoked, I will respect the person that lit me up and give them all the credit in the world.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 9 991 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Darts Etiquette - Good stuff *Saber* 80 28,189 05-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Mainedarts
  What are the top 3 things players new to the game want to know? nixer55 16 595 04-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  Darts General Orientation (Dartsnutz University: Beginners Level) guest2 17 8,740 02-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Useful Bobby George video for beginners. Boneshaker 11 996 11-29-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  my way for beginners part 3 nightcrawler 11 2,817 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  my way for beginners part2 nightcrawler 13 2,773 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kavel
  my way for beginners part 1 nightcrawler 19 4,550 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Godfather4074
  my way for beginners part 8 nightcrawler 9 1,965 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving
  my way for beginners part 7 nightcrawler 8 2,159 08-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving