What a weekend!!
Well, Saturday anyway.     A friend of mine had a birthday and the wife and I invited him to the house for a full blown crawfish boil to celebrate his big day.  He's the same guy who got hit by a car a few months ago and spent 10 weeks in the hospital and  rehab trying to recover.

Long story short, I picked up a 40 lb. sack of mudbugs (crawfish), and had the requisite stuff to accompany the boil to make it a real feast.   I put corn on the cob, smoked sausage, mushrooms, onions, celery, lemons, bay leaves, new potatoes and the requisite seafood seasoning to make it all come out nice and spicy.

The weather was outstanding with cool temperatures, clear skies and a very nice breeze to make cooking the crawfish an easy task.    I got the 80 quart boiling pot going and in a little more than an hour from start to finish, the crawfish were ready for consumption.

Believe it or not, we almost finished the entire sack with just 4 people eating.   They were nice and hot, well seasoned and the beer was ice cold.   It doesn't get much better than that in S.E. Louisiana in the spring.

I'd love to move to an area with 4 seasons when the wife retires, but I don't know if I could give up the access to all the foods we love so much--------and at a reasonable price.
Soundsd/looks great, glad you all enjoyed it. :thumbup:
Good people, good food, good weather.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Methinks you're bit of a chef Gumbo!  Sounds like a great day...
About that 4 seasons thing - be careful what you wish for.  Spent part of the weekend shovelling snow  Undecided
(03-27-2018, 01:22 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Good people, good food, good weather.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Methinks you're bit of a chef Gumbo!  Sounds like a great day...
About that 4 seasons thing - be careful what you wish for.  Spent part of the weekend shovelling snow  Undecided

Yeah, I know what your mean.    I've never shoveled snow and have no inclination to do that for any length of time.   The occasional snow storm, come and go in a couple days is OK, but I've got friends that park their motorcycles for 3-4 months at a time due to the ice and snow.   I love the fact I can ride all year long-----------but summers are brutal down in S.E. La.
Sounds to me like you have a pretty good gig going on. Up here in the NorthWest we have seasons and some hardy souls ride year round, but it's wet.
The food is awesome up here though. Plenty of sea food as well as some great fishing. You ever thought about the SW? There's some great places that have 4 seasons
(03-27-2018, 01:53 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Sounds to me like you have a pretty good gig going on. Up here in the NorthWest we have seasons and some hardy souls ride year round, but it's wet.
The food is awesome up here though. Plenty of sea food as well as some great fishing. You ever thought about the SW? There's some great places that have 4 seasons

I have given the SW some thought.   However, I'd want to be near some mountains and not in places with temperatures like Las Vegas.   Living in New Orleans, we don't get as high a daily temperature as Vegas, but we more than make up for it in humidity which makes it very nasty in the summer months.

I've got some riding friends that are from Oregon and they get a good bit of rain a year that tends to slow down their riding times.

I've also given Arkansas, N. Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky come consideration as I have more riding friends in those areas and I love riding in the mountains negotiating the twisties, dragging the shiny bits as I round corners and put on a light show with the sparks trailing behind me.

Really now sure where I'll land once the wife retires, but I'm looking forward to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo My Birthday Weekend! JayKay 9 1,552 03-31-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: 181-3dartout