Doubling out rule
Playing 501, I have 16 left and hit double 11 with 2nd dart and it’s barely hanging in covering double 8.   Can I throw third dart hoping 2nd dart falls out
You can, they'll propably say don't practice during the match!
I agree. Second dart was hanging by a tread and covering my target. Just not clear on the rule
Firstly, welcome to the form.  In the situation described, I think the rule varies a bit from organisation to organisation.  So not sure what you're describing is allowed - even under a technicality.
As soon as you hit the D11 it should be called as no score so I would say no

And welcome aboard bud Smile
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
Thanks for the opinions. Kinda wierd situation. I feel your turn isn’t over till you’ve thrown all tor darts allowed during you turn.
I believe you can. Your turn is technically only over when you pull your darts out. I've seen scorers at the pdc correct scores after they were called when a dart dropped out.
What would happen If that dart fell out when I walked you the board
A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts achieve the required finish
and remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it
was at the time of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts
are retrieved from the dartboard by the Player who has thrown.
If a Game Shot called by a Referee is declared invalid then the throwing Player
shall have the right to continue the Throw which is in progress in an attempt to
achieve the required finish.
Thank you. That sounds like a player can throw all three
As soon as it is called no score you're done.  In any match circumstance I've ever been in a d11 is bust, dead as you can be. I agree with Hamo, if it's called no score it's no score, even if it falls out after the call.
Just want some clarity. Not a big deal. Only playing in a fun league. However it is playoffs! ?
I agree. However. I’ve also seen and heard dart calls changed after a player walks to the board. Hence a dart falling out!
I guess that the term "declared invalid" doesn't mean "bust". I'd say it refers to situations when you check out your finish, referee calls it leg shot, then the dart falls out of the dartboard therefore referee corrects himself and lets you throw a dart or two more to change your score.

In my eyes, if it's bust then it's over. If you're lucky though and dart falls out of the dartboard before you retrieve it, then ok, you may throw again. You're just lucky. But this throwing at a dart, trying to hit it and get it out, is imho dangerous and it should be seen as an innapropriate behaviour.
If it was me I would concede the throw as you had technically busted, even with a dart in hand. If it fell out on way to board I'd still accept it as a bust as I had conceded it. I'm not a big fan of throwing a third dart after a bust, either by me or opponent. Lastly, the bust still leaves you an optimum out next throw. Unless your opponent beats youSmile
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5