Sight Right
(03-20-2018, 12:29 AM)Dodgee Wrote: This place is becoming a bad influence, affecting my sleep n all lol

BAH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA...….. Confused  

My wife and I joined here about two weeks ago, since then we have gotten no sleep, we don't eat (lost 20 lbs. but that is good), and have caught a severe case of DAD [Dart Acquisition Disorder], also you will soon need another dartboard when you wear the one you have slap out, and then there are the DJs [Dart Jitters], I dare not even think of those!

Smile Smile Smile Tongue 

This is a GREAT place, with even GREATER People - but it'll grow on you kid - be careful!!!

LOL x 10,000,000     Big Grin

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" Eccl. 9:10a KJV
AND, remember, ALWAYS "ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE"!

clapping You did good Preacherman, yesyesyes
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.    KJV
Smile

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" Eccl. 9:10a KJV
AND, remember, ALWAYS "ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE"!

(03-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Cat Wrote: Take a piece of paper.  Make a straight dividing line with a ruler in Black felt tip down the middle of the paper. Accordion fold it perpendicular to that line.  Take a plumb bob and hang it from the center of the bull so that the weight is about an inch above the floor.  Line up the folded paper so the black line is directly centered on the point of the plumb bob.  When you are standing at the Oche, if the black line appears continuous, you are lined up with the center of the board. Off to the left or right, the line appears to be broken up.

Most of the folks who purchased the sight mechanisms were underwhelmed, but found the above DIY sighting device beneficial.  Just saying.

thank you for taking time to share this.

All though, what is a plumb bob???? Lol
(09-13-2019, 02:59 AM)CalixNL Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Cat Wrote: Take a piece of paper.  Make a straight dividing line with a ruler in Black felt tip down the middle of the paper. Accordion fold it perpendicular to that line.  Take a plumb bob and hang it from the center of the bull so that the weight is about an inch above the floor.  Line up the folded paper so the black line is directly centered on the point of the plumb bob.  When you are standing at the Oche, if the black line appears continuous, you are lined up with the center of the board. Off to the left or right, the line appears to be broken up.

Most of the folks who purchased the sight mechanisms were underwhelmed, but found the above DIY sighting device beneficial.  Just saying.

Essentially, a string with a weight fastened at the bottom end that hangs down.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
(09-13-2019, 03:29 AM)Cat Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 02:59 AM)CalixNL Wrote:

Essentially, a string with a weight fastened at the bottom end that hangs down.

Thank you for clarification . 

I Will give it a whirl!
I'm left eye dominant and when I tried this I found that I wast actually lining up straight. Be interesting to see if I can gain some consistency by lining up exactly the same each time.
[Image: mhXaDq2.png?1]