Ego Buster
The Ego Buster has been designed as an aid for dart players of all levels to determine how their accuracy can be objectively measured; it is especially useful for beginners trying to improve their game and recording their progress. It can also be a useful guide to rank and compare players.
 [Image: PbZe9AZyhzeQjB7r1]
Notes:
S target area is between and not including the D and T scoring zones for each target number. Three darts thrown at each S (3 x 20 = 60 darts total)
1.       For T19/T20 scores, mark triples under T and singles under S. Enter number of T’s in Hit Rate column to determine Hit Rate %
2.      To determine Avg. score T19 as Hits x 19, T20 as Hits x 20, the combined totals divided by the number of darts thrown (36) equals Avg. points per dart (PPD). The maximum possible PPD is 58.5 (18 x T19 + 18 x T20 = 1026 +1080 ÷ 36)
3.      B target area is the inner B ring (50).
4.      Throw 3 darts at B, 3 at T19 and 3 at T20 in sequence until each target has 18 darts thrown.
5.      A total of 234 darts are thrown, a perfect score of 234 is impossible to achieve, the Ego Buster Rate is calculated by applying a value to what has been achieved by past champions.
6.       The Ego Buster Rate is calculated by multiplying your Total Hits x 100 ÷ 164.  A score of near 100% or better would apply to elite players; mugs like me score around 15%.
7.      A quick version of the “Ego Buster” would have 78 darts (S x 20, D x 20, T x 20, B x 6, T19 x 6 and T20 x6). A perfect score would be 78. Total Hits x 100 ÷ 55 = your Ego Buster Rate.
My current Ego Buster Rate is around 15% (The reason I named this calculator the “Ego Buster”).
Are you up to the challenge of finding yours?

Attached Files
.pdf   Ego Buster (Chart).pdf (Size: 227.64 KB / Downloads: 23)
[Image: lWbm6R3.png]
Sounds interesting. Might give the short version a go.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Hey,

Not sure how to play the quick version, which says: S x 20, D x 20, T x 20, B x 6, T19 x 6 and T20 x6

Does it mean: S x 20 is one dart each at the 20 big single segments? I.e. dart 1 at S1, dart 2 at S2, dart 3 at S3, all the way to dart 20 at S20 then dart 21 at D1?

Or something else?

** EDIT **
If so then I had an attempt at it.
S = 12
D=7
T=8
T19=0
T20=1

Total = 28
Ego Buster Rate = 28 x 100 / 55 = 2800 / 55 = 50.90%

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

(03-10-2018, 01:20 PM)Banz Wrote: Hey,

Not sure how to play the quick version, which says: S x 20, D x 20, T x 20, B x 6, T19 x 6 and T20 x6

Does it mean: S x 20 is one dart each at the 20 big single segments? I.e. dart 1 at S1, dart 2 at S2, dart 3 at S3, all the way to dart 20 at S20 then dart 21 at D1?

Or something else?

** EDIT **
S = 12
D=7
T=8
T19=0
T20=1

Total = 28
G'day Mate,
Throw 1 dart at the large beds for each Single , throw another at each Double and then each Treble, a total of 60 darts. Then throw 6 darts each at T19, T20 and the Bullseye, total darts thrown will be 78.
I presume you didn't hit the Bull, if so your calculations are spot on.
50.9 is a pretty healthy value and makes mine look pretty sick.
I knew i should have taken more math and less history.
Liberal heathen
Interesting! I'll give it a go or three.
And the normal one, do you throw 3 darts on single, 3 darts double and 3 darts treble for each number or is it 3 times 1 single, 1 double and 1 treble for each number?
cheers
(03-10-2018, 03:26 PM)Zazl Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 01:20 PM)Banz Wrote: Hey,

Or something else?

** EDIT **
S = 12
D=7
T=8
T19=0
T20=1

Total = 28
G'day Mate,
Throw 1 dart at the large beds for each Single , throw another at each Double and then each Treble, a total of 60 darts. Then throw 6 darts each at T19, T20 and the Bullseye, total darts thrown will be 78.
I presume you didn't hit the Bull, if so your calculations are spot on.
50.9 is a pretty healthy value and makes mine look pretty sick.

Yeah, forgot the bull part (and only threw 72 darts) but I would likely have scored zero anyway given the way I throw at bullseyes!

(03-10-2018, 04:54 PM)Texas Wrote: Interesting! I'll give it a go or three.
And the normal one, do you throw 3 darts on single, 3 darts double and 3 darts treble for each number or is it 3 times 1 single, 1 double and 1 treble for each number?
cheers

3 darts at each Single Double and Treble.
This is a good tool to use for evaluating players who may want to join a team.
(03-11-2018, 06:22 PM)DartyScoundrel Wrote: This is a good tool to use for evaluating players who may want to join a team.

Yes mate, it will also show who are the potential scorers or finishers.

Can also be used to evaluate different darts or set ups.
I'm confused. In the intro, you say that you throw three darts at each single (three at each double and triple as well, I assume). Then above, you say one dart at the single, one at the double, and one at the triple.

I'm trying to understand the math as well. Where does the 164, or 55 for the 'short' game come from? I'm thinking of turning the scoresheet into a spreadsheet for tracking purposes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
I made this picture for the short game to show where each dart is thrown.  I think it's right!

I still can't figure out where the 164 comes from. Is it an arbitrary number? Why not just use the flat percentage (hits/darts thrown)*100?

Depending on how it's approached, the challenge is likely different because of changing targets with each dart, whether it's (for three rounds) 1,2,3 / 4,5,6 / 7,8,9... 1,D1,T1 / 2,D2,T2 / 3,D3,T3.... or 1,1,1,/2,2,2/3,3,3.

I assume the inner/skinny single doesn't count as a hit because the target is the fat?

If I get this all figured out, I will post the spreadsheet for tracking purposes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
(03-14-2018, 04:51 AM)andJayPro Wrote: I'm confused.  In the intro, you say that you throw three darts at each single (three at each double and triple as well, I assume).  Then above, you say one dart at the single, one at the double, and one at the triple.

I'm trying to understand the math as well.  Where does the 164, or 55 for the 'short' game come from?  I'm thinking of turning the scoresheet into a spreadsheet for tracking purposes.

Notes:
S target area is between and not including the D and T scoring zones for each target number (the fat bed only). Three darts thrown at each S (3 x 20 = 60 darts total)
1.       For T19/T20 scores, mark triples under T and singles under S. Enter number of T’s in Hit Rate column to determine Hit Rate %
2.      To determine Avg. score T19 as Hits x 19, T20 as Hits x 20, the combined totals divided by the number of darts thrown (36) equals Avg. points per dart (PPD). The maximum possible PPD is 58.5 (18 x T19 + 18 x T20 = 1026 +1080 ÷ 36)
3.      B target area is the inner B ring (50).
4.      Throw 3 darts at B, 3 at T19 and 3 at T20 in sequence until each target has 18 darts thrown.
5.      A total of 234 darts are thrown, a perfect score of 234 is impossible to achieve, the Ego Buster Rate is calculated by applying a value to what has been achieved by past champions.
6.       The Ego Buster Rate is calculated by multiplying your Total Hits x 100 ÷ 164.  A score of near 100% or better would apply to elite players; mugs like me score around 15%.
7.      A quick version of the “Ego Buster” would have 78 darts (S x 20, D x 20, T x 20, B x 6, T19 x 6 and T20 x6). A perfect score would be 78. Total Hits x 100 ÷ 55 = your Ego Buster Rate.

The calculating value for the long version of the Ego Buster is 164 and 55 for the short version. This is derived from statistics of elite dart players in order to rate them at around 100%. A perfect score is not possible so a 100% score is also not possible without applying the calculated values (164 & 55).
The Hit Rate row is an exact calculation with no adjustment, simply multiply Hits by 100 and divide by the number of darts thrown in each Single,Double, Treble, Bull, T19 and T20 column. This will give Hit Rate percentages for each.
I have also weighted the Ego Buster to take into account novice players who can still achieve a reasonable rating  by scoring in the much easier Singles section.
I hope this make it easier to understand.
(03-14-2018, 03:37 PM)JayPro Wrote: I still can't figure out where the 164 comes from.  Is it an arbitrary number?  Why not just use the flat percentage (hits/darts thrown)*100?

Depending on how it's approached, the challenge is likely different because of changing targets with each dart, whether it's (for three rounds) 1,2,3 / 4,5,6 / 7,8,9... 1,D1,T1 / 2,D2,T2 / 3,D3,T3.... or 1,1,1,/2,2,2/3,3,3.

I assume the inner/skinny single doesn't count as a hit because the target is the fat?

If I get this all figured out, I will post the spreadsheet for tracking purposes.

The calculating value for the long version of the Ego Buster is 164 and 55 for the short version. This is derived from statistics of elite dart players in order to rate them at around 100%. A perfect score is not possible so a 100% score is also not possible without applying the calculated values (164 & 55).
The Hit Rate row is an exact calculation with no adjustment, simply multiply Hits by 100 and divide by the number of darts thrown in each Single,Double, Treble, Bull, T19 and T20 column. This will give Hit Rate percentages for each.
[b]I have also weighted the Ego Buster to take into account novice players who can still achieve a reasonable rating  by scoring in the much easier Singles section.

I hope this make it easier to understand.

The Ego Buster (long version) is ideal for rating all player levels from Pro's to beginners.
It take about half an hour to complete.
Beginners would have a rate of up to 25%, average players up to 50%, very good players up to 75% and those at the top of their game should rate above 75%, very few players would score 100%.
Not sure of any other system that can objectively rate a players progress, this test rewards only accuracy.
It can be used as a practice regime, results need not be recorded every time it is completed, they should however be recorded at regular intervals to determine progress. If these regular results are recorded on a spreadsheet a players results can be viewed over an extended period showing trends, weakness and strengths on all of the scoring targets.
The Ego Buster can also be used as a tool to compare darts and setups.

[/b]