Show us your guitars
Great guitars everyone :-) BTW, I am going to buy new strings. I definitelly don't change them once a month. The sound is worse with old strings but it's enough for my home playing. I guess I must have had the same strings for five years at least... I am going to buy Elixir Nanoweb 16002 strings (for my 6 string acoustic). I got a set from a mate and they sounded much better than any other strings I had used in the past. Now I am going to buy the same strings again.
(04-18-2018, 04:47 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Great guitars everyone :-) BTW, I am going to buy new strings. I definitelly don't change them once a month. The sound is worse with old strings but it's enough for my home playing. I guess I must have had the same strings for five years at least... I am going to buy Elixir Nanoweb 16002 strings (for my 6 string acoustic). I got a set from a mate and they sounded much better than any other strings I had used in the past. Now I am going to buy the same strings again.

my taylor 414ce came with the elixir nanoweb fresh out of the factory. it sounds so snappy i like it a lot and never wanna make a change. meanwhile one of my friend had changed his from elixar to martin (forgot the exact model). but two days later he just get back to elixir. lol......

if u want the strings to last longer. just wipe them every time after playing.
(04-18-2018, 05:29 PM)1double1 Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 04:47 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Great guitars everyone :-) BTW, I am going to buy new strings. I definitelly don't change them once a month. The sound is worse with old strings but it's enough for my home playing. I guess I must have had the same strings for five years at least... I am going to buy Elixir Nanoweb 16002 strings (for my 6 string acoustic). I got a set from a mate and they sounded much better than any other strings I had used in the past. Now I am going to buy the same strings again.

my taylor 414ce came with the elixir nanoweb fresh out of the factory. it sounds so snappy i like it a lot and never wanna make a change. meanwhile one of my friend had changed his from elixar to martin (forgot the exact model). but two days later he just get back to elixir. lol......

I always wipe down strings - bass or guitar - with a clean, lint free cloth after use.  Will definitely prolong usability.  When I play on stage, usually have 2 cloths - one for me, and one for the instrument(s).

When to change strings is a preference dependent on string type, amount of use, and personal taste.  There's another factor - maintenance of the fretboard, and for acoustic instruments - the saddle.  These areas are unprotected wood and should be cleaned and treated at least once a year.  Best way to do this is remove the strings.  So that's the 'hard' time limit for me regardless of other factors.
(04-19-2018, 02:22 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 05:29 PM)1double1 Wrote:

I always wipe down strings - bass or guitar - with a clean, lint free cloth after use.  Will definitely prolong usability.  When I play on stage, usually have 2 cloths - one for me, and one for the instrument(s).

When to change strings is a preference dependent on string type, amount of use, and personal taste.  There's another factor - maintenance of the fretboard, and for acoustic instruments - the saddle.  These areas are unprotected wood and should be cleaned and treated at least once a year.  Best way to do this is remove the strings.  So that's the 'hard' time limit for me regardless of other factors.
exactly! i have a pair of “acid hands”. so, wiping down guitar strings each time after practice is really important to me.
my 91 gibson les paul standard. um........i don’t know how many of u still like gibson guitars? for me, the gibson magic had gone long ago......
[Image: 3236D8FC-ACA7-4D4A-91FE-B9E1DF9F8FB4.jpg]
(04-19-2018, 03:01 PM)1double1 Wrote: my 91 gibson les paul standard. um........i don’t know how many of u still like gibson guitars? for me, the gibson magic had gone long ago......
[Image: 3236D8FC-ACA7-4D4A-91FE-B9E1DF9F8FB4.jpg]

I love the look of the Les Paul... but I will never own or play one.... they are too small and look like a violin in my hands.

[Image: 28700172273_696ce155a8_t.jpg]
From what i've read lately Gibson Guitars is a sinking shipping, alot of there endorsed guys are leaving as there quality is crap, they can't get anything right and put out sub par stuff, anyone who knows anything about guitars says avoid them
(04-19-2018, 04:40 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: From what i've read lately Gibson Guitars is a sinking shipping, alot of there endorsed guys are leaving as there quality is crap, they can't get anything right and put out sub par stuff, anyone who knows anything about guitars says avoid them

Very sad . Yet another point in history where Gibson’s quality is suffering. 
 Having said that,their Acoustics made in Bozeman Montana are for the most part 
fine instruments. Hopefully Gibson management don’t fool with the formula established by Ren Ferguson before he left.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

(04-19-2018, 05:22 PM)The G Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 04:40 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: From what i've read lately Gibson Guitars is a sinking shipping, alot of there endorsed guys are leaving as there quality is crap, they can't get anything right and put out sub par stuff, anyone who knows anything about guitars says avoid them

fine instruments. Hopefully Gibson management don’t fool with the formula established by Ren Ferguson before he left.

From what i've read it's the CEO of the company, my uncle who's played in bands for 35 years even told me there crap he ordered a custom SG said it was the biggest piece of crap, he sent it right back
(04-19-2018, 05:29 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 05:22 PM)The G Wrote:

From what i've read it's the CEO of the company, my uncle who's played in bands for 35 years even told me there crap he ordered a custom SG said it was the biggest piece of crap, he sent it right back

They are right on the brink of bankruptcy.  Laying off employees... cutting costs all over the place.
Outstanding loans of over $500 Million.  The CEO refuses to relinquish control.... It's the Titanic... sinking....

[Image: 28700172273_696ce155a8_t.jpg]