BDO EGM called
Just remembered something else from facebook during the last few days - Winmau have given 12 months notice to cancel their 46 year association with the BDO.

There was a statement or letter or something read out at the AGM last week - whether the new board can get Winmau back onside or if they can get another board sponsor I don't know, but this year may see the end of darts longest running major, the Winmau World Masters.
(08-11-2018, 10:44 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Just remembered something else from facebook during the last few days - Winmau have given 12 months notice to cancel their 46 year association with the BDO.

There was a statement or letter or something read out at the AGM last week - whether the new board can get Winmau back onside or if they can get another board sponsor I don't know, but this year may see the end of darts longest running major, the Winmau World Masters.

WOW Sad ..... A real blow to the BDO.

Match Darts=Cosmo John Part ® 20.4g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

The withdrawal of winmau may have 2 effects......
1.either finally get them to sort theirs lives out and the organisation and drag it into the 21st century
2.......or be the final blow that starts the death of the organisation
Sucks to see Winmau ending sponsorship, but kinda said that back a few posts
Maybe Winmau want to do a deal with the PDC?
Mack The Knife
(08-16-2018, 07:14 PM)Mack Wrote: Maybe Winmau want to do a deal with the PDC?

PDC have a long term contract with Unicorn for boards .

Match Darts=Cosmo John Part ® 20.4g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Just checked, till 2022, didn't think it was that long, there just want out then.
Mack The Knife
The PDC needs to make a buyout offer that the BDO can't refuse. Then they, the PDC, who seem to understand how to run a darts organization could either restructure or bury the BDO as it now exists. In the long run I believe that would benefit everyone. Of course I no little to nothing about the politics involved and speak only as an interested fan who is trying to apply logic to a messed up situation.
Liberal heathen
(08-16-2018, 10:00 PM)cubdog Wrote: The PDC needs to make a buyout offer that the BDO can't refuse. Then they, the PDC, who seem to understand how to run a darts organization could either restructure or bury the BDO as it now exists. In the long run I believe that would benefit everyone. Of course I no little to nothing about the politics involved and speak only as an interested fan who is trying to apply logic to a messed up situation.

Barry Hearn just said yesterday on Twitter that he has no intentions of ever making an offer to buy the BDO again.
(08-16-2018, 10:05 PM)Koivu Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 10:00 PM)cubdog Wrote: The PDC needs to make a buyout offer that the BDO can't refuse. Then they, the PDC, who seem to understand how to run a darts organization could either restructure or bury the BDO as it now exists. In the long run I believe that would benefit everyone. Of course I no little to nothing about the politics involved and speak only as an interested fan who is trying to apply logic to a messed up situation.

Barry Hearn just said yesterday on Twitter that he has no intentions of ever making an offer to buy the BDO again.

Why would he? the PDC is making a ton of money all over the world. As the BDO get worse the PDC can only benefit. The BDO is good for the Amateur game and that’s exactly it they run all the competitions in an amateur way. It’ll stay around but it will never be what it once was and the BDO will end up just running county and super league but I think I will end up winding down the big comps unless it can get some big investment....sad state of affairs but you reap what you sew.
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts