BDO EGM called
Rebuild what??? Why have a Tour for players who want pro money without pro commitment, why would you sponsor or televise it when there is the PDC which is clearly a better quality and is more highly regarded. I don't see what the BDO have to offer anymore other than a routeway to the PDC, but would they want to admit that to them selves?
Mack The Knife
(07-28-2018, 07:06 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Ok thanks wasn't sure as there seems like there so many out there they would try to pick one up as i dont think Winmau wants to sponsor everything, as far as the TV i think they should do streaming to get it going if they want to rebuild

Everything? Smile If what's been said since the EGM earlier this year is correct, Winmau didn't even sponsor the Winmau World Masters last year, but got to keep their name on the tournament anyway, presumably because the alternative would have been an even bigger embarrassment for the BDO.
(08-01-2018, 10:22 PM)Zeyes Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 07:06 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Ok thanks wasn't sure as there seems like there so many out there they would try to pick one up as i dont think Winmau wants to sponsor everything, as far as the TV i think they should do streaming to get it going if they want to rebuild

Everything?  Smile If what's been said since the EGM earlier this year is correct, Winmau didn't even sponsor the Winmau World Masters last year, but got to keep their name on the tournament anyway, presumably because the alternative would have been an even bigger embarrassment for the BDO.

Really, is that just gossip or anyone reliable said that?
Mack The Knife
(08-01-2018, 10:25 PM)Mack Wrote: Really, is that just gossip or anyone reliable said that?

I don't think they came right out with it, but AFAIK it was admitted during the EGM that the BDO lost big money on last year's World Masters, roughly equivalent to the value of the prize fund. Since that didn't happen in previous years and Winmau is/was the tournament's only significant source of income... If not scrapped altogether, at the very least their contribution was massively reduced, certainly to a level ordinarily not befitting a title sponsor. (But what's ordinary about the BDO these days...)
"Des Jacklin is the new chairman of the BDO after winning the vote at yesterday’s annual AGM as he takes over from Sue Williams.
Williams does remain though as she won the vote for new financial director so stays involved in the BDO. In terms of votes; Des got 34 votes while Roger got 28 votes with two of the delegates abstaining from the vote."

Sounds like RIP BDO?
Proud user of Voks MMA 22g darts - for more info on them see Getagrip's review.
Ayup Comrades

Been reading this thread with interest, and there is some great posts I must say.
Looks like nothing's going to change anytime soon, more mediocracy from the BDO.

Shed.
Hopefully this thread will be an information source of what develops with the BDO under Des Jacklin’s leadership.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

bankrupt by christmas
Darts used-25g Bristow red ring argos specials
Shafts used- Unicorn maestro medium 
Flights used- slim flights
Didn't Barry Hearn try to buy the BDO for 2 million a few years ago?

I personally dont think the BDO should even try 'compete' with the PDC. PDC is too big of a monster now. BDO should leverage off the grass roots philiosophy.

I would like to see the Lakeside go back to the old days in terms of visuals/stage set up
(08-07-2018, 07:06 AM)jbizzle Wrote: bankrupt by christmas

Not sure about this Christmas, but next Christmas maybe unless Des can turn it round

(08-09-2018, 09:57 PM)Aodhan O Wrote: Didn't Barry Hearn try to buy the BDO for 2 million a few years ago?

I personally dont think the BDO should even try 'compete' with the PDC. PDC is too big of a monster now. BDO should leverage off the grass roots philiosophy.

I would like to see the Lakeside go back to the old days in terms of visuals/stage set up

I think the offer was £1m to buy the BDO with another £1m to be pumped into the system - I can't see him ever offering again somehow though now that he has the Challenge and Development Tours along with the JDC, plus also reaching out worldwide.

As for Lakeside, from what I've seen on facebook the last few days that's not even confirmed for this year - Potter has apparently said he won't stump up the prize money this year unless it's on one of the major tv channels.  And apparently most of the major channels aren't interested in the BDO product now due to the previous board or something.