BDO EGM called
It makes me smile when they talk about getting “professional advice” as that is exactly what the players and their managers suggested before the split. They were ignored by Olly bloody Croft and now the BDO is a shadow of its former self and is becoming less relevant every year and the behemoth that is the PDC just goes from strength to strength.

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
(04-09-2018, 08:08 PM)Noj Wrote: It makes me smile when they talk about getting “professional advice” as that is exactly what the players and their managers suggested before the split. They were ignored by Olly bloody Croft and now the BDO is a shadow of its former self and is becoming less relevant every year and the behemoth that is the PDC just goes from strength to strength.

Noj

Well said, Noj. The BDO still fills an important place, but will the current leadership be able to distinguish competent professional advice from charlatans?
(04-10-2018, 07:41 AM)bkbum Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 08:08 PM)Noj Wrote: It makes me smile when they talk about getting “professional advice” as that is exactly what the players and their managers suggested before the split. They were ignored by Olly bloody Croft and now the BDO is a shadow of its former self and is becoming less relevant every year and the behemoth that is the PDC just goes from strength to strength.

Noj

Well said, Noj. The BDO still fills an important place, but will the current leadership be able to distinguish competent professional advice from charlatans?

It is a shame. The BDO needs elite players with charisma to bring sponsorship and media attention but all the elite players jump ship to the PDC (quite rightly) as that is where the money is. The odd one stays like Durrant but that was very touch and go and I have a feeling he regrets that now. The PDC is very modern and innovative but the BDO feels stuck in the 80's.

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
The BDO is just the feeder league to the PDC in all but name.
If they could come up with an amicable agreement rather than a "Takeover" where that is actually set out then Darts will have a better future.
Let the BDO run the Amatuer development level or the "Grassroots" level and the PDC the professional money making business level.
BDO Does Pub, Superleague county level well but not the Professional side,just look at the horrendous ticket sales for the World darts trophy in Preston.
PDC doesn't do Grassroots but does Professional level well, let them both do what their good at and just that.
I'm not sure that is the reality, firstly BDO has nothing to do with pub darts. Secondly the PDC does do grass routes, JDC, Development and Challange Tours. Lastly the BDO is not really an organisation in the same way as the PDC, it is run more at the county and super league by the volunteers at each county and if the BDO ceased to exist at a "professional" level I 'm not sure much would change at grass routes.

That said I don't think County is the best format now for darts players to take that next step bucks t it is another failing of the BDO system that no one has looked at improving it.
Mack The Knife
"A new BDO Chairman will be elected on Sunday 5th of August. The battle for the presidency goes between Des Jacklin and Roger Schena.
Jacklin’s candidacy has been confirmed for a couple months. The Lincolnshire native is currently working as a players director for the BDO and is married to female darts player Paula Jacklin.

This week it was rumoured that Schena would also make himself available for the chairman position in the BDO. The 49-year-old confirmed his application to Dartsnews.com. Schena is currently representing darts stars Dave Chisnall and Lisa Ashton.

The delegates will have the opportunity to vote at the AGM on August 5. The candidate must receive the majority vote to be finally elected."

For people knowing more about this, is Schena a solution?
Proud user of Voks MMA 22g darts - for more info on them see Getagrip's review.
As well as Chizzy and Lisa he also manages Dean Reynolds. As his proposal for the way forward doesn't seem to have been sent out to anyone yet, and it seems that several of the county delegates have never heard of him, I don't think he will win. Having said this he loves the game and also has lots of good contacts, so you never know.

Part of Des's proposals are to have a committee dealing with the BICC side of the game and another dealing with the tour side of the game. If he doesn't win the overall vote and it goes to Des then it could be a good idea to get him involved in the tour committee if he is willing to take it on.

The main worrying thing being discussed though is that the outgoing chairperson, Sue Williams, has been proposed for the position of Finance Director going forward. This is the person who oversaw the disastrous tie up with DeLuxe as well as losing many thousands of pounds in allowing the WDT events to go ahead for the last few years despite having no sponsors, and also losing other money elsewhere like the Masters. Whoever proposed her really needs to stop smoking the funny stuff, and anyone who actually votes for her should be stripped of their county position straight away.
One question i was wondering this week, are the BDO against any type of gambling / gambling website ??, watching the darts this week from a Sky Sports feed seems like every other commericail is some kind of gambling website and there seems to be alot of them could the BDO not look at that ? maybe not thhe bigger ones that the PDC use but there might be a smaller one
I think they have had tie ins with a couple of the smaller gambling companies, but haven't got a clue if those companies are willing to be involved again, especially without any proper TV channels involved (I don't count Freesports as a proper channel which is what they seem to be using a lot now).
Ok thanks wasn't sure as there seems like there so many out there they would try to pick one up as i dont think Winmau wants to sponsor everything, as far as the TV i think they should do streaming to get it going if they want to rebuild