BDO World Darts Trophy 2018
Decent player Kyle McKinstry - another player I enjoy watching, even with dodgy streams
(05-30-2018, 08:30 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Well played by Hogarth there - not too impressed by some of the camerawork though

Great game he played. Looking forward to his next match. 

I have to agree. The folks working the score display aren't faring much better either.
Krystian

Full-Time University Student, Part-Time Dart Player
Playing darts since December 2017
No 180s yet - best throw to date: 160.
Best 501 leg: 30 darts (checkout: 48)

Darts: RvB Phase 1 25g / Winmau Sniper 22g / Darryl Fitton 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Setup: Unicorn Dartmate
Bit of a dodgy start for SCOTTY DOG ...

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

(05-30-2018, 09:19 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Decent player Kyle McKinstry - another player I enjoy watching, even with dodgy streams

Probably becoming like a fanboy but its good to see kyle play a decent game against what was a tricky opponent..plenty left in the tank too..thing i like is, he literally doesnt care who he plays...believes in his game amd plays the board and there arent many on the circuit want to run into him
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-18-13-32-16_1_zpsr8vibhtm.jpg]
Kyle has Scott Mitchell next round - hopefully Mitchell's slow play doesn't put him off and he can get through that game as well.

Not sure if I'll be able to watch any more of this event as I think the Darts Channel is showing the PDC World Cup tonight and for the duration, but here are the scores from last night's matches:

Ross Montgomery (94.28) 6-3 (90.07) Daniel Day
Deta Hedman (66.62) 3-4 (69.83) Roz Bulmer
Gary Robson (90.88) 3-6 (89.29) Ryan Hogarth
Sharon Prins (71.32) 4-1 (70.77) Tricia Wright
Kyle McKinstry (99.18) 6-3 (86.57) Jon Worsley
Scott Mitchell (96.52) 6-2 (77.82) Pengiran Mohamed
Aileen De Graaf (81.64) 3-4 (79.06) Maria O'Brien
James Hurrell (80.96) 3-6 (89.17) Peter Machin
Watched the programe last night on free sports What a shame that it was such a shambles of presentation Score block not fully visible (when on ) crappy sound interviews in the middle of the next game & unable to hear the players comments crowd that would have been more at home at a funeral What a shame the BDO doesn't seem to halt it's downward spiral It requires the organizers/committee to bring in a clean slate policy the village carnival organizers would possibly do a better job So sad to see it so third rate the games were good the rest let it down.
The whole thing was woeful. Terrible production, graphics, presentation......10 people in the crowd......no wonder the BDO is dying out. Shambolic.
Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...
(05-31-2018, 12:22 PM)apples73 Wrote: Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...

Going by some comments on facebook no they didn't go round the local teams and clubs offering discounted tickets - darts fans who only lived a couple of minutes away from the venue didn't even know it was on.  One of the venues promoters made a post on his facebook offering free tickets as well but that got taken down after a couple of people started moaning as they had paid for tickets, so weren't impressed by them now being given away free.

As far as the production is concerned, the company that is doing it should really know what they are doing now when it comes to darts, but they have learned zero in the last 4 years or whatever it is that they have been covering BDO and EDO events.  I think they only get hired because they are cheap.  Excluding Lakeside, the one event which was shown on Dave (the World Trophy in 2016) I think they used a Dutch team for the production and it looked top notch - even though they are far more professional I'm guessing they haven't been used since though as they charge a lot more than 24/7 do.
(05-31-2018, 12:43 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 12:22 PM)apples73 Wrote: Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...

Going by some comments on facebook no they didn't go round the local teams and clubs offering discounted tickets - darts fans who only lived a couple of minutes away from the venue didn't even know it was on.  One of the venues promoters made a post on his facebook offering free tickets as well but that got taken down after a couple of people started moaning as they had paid for tickets, so weren't impressed by them now being given away free.

and it would so easy for someone at the BDO to do as well...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 World Darts trophy mc1958 42 1,074 09-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Phenohyte
  Des Jacklin on World Trophy, Leighton Bennett and all things BDO BeegNumba 17 951 08-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: oche balboa
  Winmau World Masters 2018 mc1958 75 5,257 10-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: 25g-grizzly
  Lakeside World Championships 2018 mc1958 522 40,904 01-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Banz
  World Darts Trophy 2017 mc1958 85 12,038 05-31-2017, 03:05 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  BDO World Darts Trophy 2016 mc1958 47 6,732 06-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Last Post: JohnL.