RedDragon Amberjack 18
Got the 24g version of the Amberjack 18 today. Nice design, nice price.
But sadly very slippery, so I will remove the paint and see hot the grip changes.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great looking darts mate. I also like the paint in the Amberjacks. but when it have a bad affect to the grip... hmm. You have your thumb on the smooth section ?
may all the doubles be with you

(02-10-2018, 07:47 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
No, thumb is on the thin rings at the rear. But they just don't feel good, slippery. Hope taking the paint off will help.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(02-10-2018, 07:18 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
The stem in the closest dart in the photo is quite off-centre. If it's the barrel you might be able to get a refund instead of removing the paint.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-11-2018, 12:08 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It's a faulty stem. Thread of the barrel is fine Wink

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Look very nice and cant go wrong for that price Smile Surprised they are slippy even with the paint, they looked grippy?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

Appreciate this post for sure! I was considering buying these.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kind of want to see these stripped of paint every time I pop back to this thread.
I guess if you know your grip you could remove the point from just the parts you need extra grip, as I guess the paints meniscus is lowering the ultimate grip level of steep angled bare metal.

If you were very delicate with your acetone application skills, you could remove a single ring of paint, exactly where you needed the grip...
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Paint was a bit of a pain in the ass to remove, but got most of it off. Grip is now as you would expect it.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Very nice, look even better with the paint removed. :thumbup:
:thumbup: look much better. Like another dart.

I guess the grip has increased a lot?
They stil look nice mate
may all the doubles be with you

(02-14-2018, 06:09 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes, it's now a sharp nice grip. No slipping etc.
Very nice dart, only the smooth spot is no a bit of a problem.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Amazing how cheap paint can make darts look. Really impressed by the transformation.
How has the grip held up? Those rings look rather thin.
Moddarts
Harrows Wolfram 23g 
Shot Matador
Homemade surround and 360 led lighting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RedDragon Velociti 24g vanJupp 8 1,437 12-12-2018, 03:00 AM
Last Post: GBryant
  Modified RD Amberjack V2.0 hardy73 17 1,472 06-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Cleaning and modifying my RedDragon Amberjack 14 23g hardy73 12 1,917 08-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  RedDragon Shaun Griffiths 23g RubennnV 14 1,766 03-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  RedDragon Alan Warriner-Little vanJupp 11 2,084 01-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  RedDragon Askari 24g vanJupp 11 2,334 01-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Yuillsy
  RedDragon Galactic 24g vanJupp 10 3,573 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  RedDragon Blue Thornton 24g vanJupp 18 3,719 01-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  RedDragon Defender 2 vanJupp 5 1,286 01-07-2017, 10:38 PM