Dartboard Fix
(11-01-2013, 06:26 PM)mesmo Wrote: Thanks DG, was looking forward for this. ..i doubt you lose some audience, but if, im here to cheer you up.
Great presentation! Smile
Have a +1 for the cute hammer... instead of 3d-printing, drawing is the way to go, Mac DGyver Wink
Ill consider this wiring as prevention for my new boards(unless its a gladiator).

That's what I like about the G2, it says the spider is attached to the backboard, Ive been trying to magnify some of the pics of the G2 box found on the internet to see if they have a diagram of the system but I cant see one. If it were me I would have a huge picture of how the spider was fixed, and a little picture of the board as this is a major selling point.
I was complaining to my wife (role reversal) that they need to make a board with the spider attached to the backboard, a couple of days later the G2 appeared on this site.

Defo going to get a G2, and thanx to Mike from Infiniti Darts its now possible. He pointed me in the right direction too a 180 distributor here in OZ as the postage for boards is ludicrous, Very selfless is our Mike and extremely helpful.
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

(11-02-2013, 01:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: That's what I like about the G2, it says the spider is attached to the backboard, Ive been trying to magnify some of the pics of the G2 box found on the internet to see if they have a diagram of the system but I cant see one. If it were me I would have a huge picture of how the spider was fixed, and a little picture of the board as this is a major selling point.

Same here, ive asked one80 for some illustrations, but they said that they dont give them away, cause 'Sorry we can't send you illustrations as its a patented product'. Huh

Cant understand why they hide THE main avantage of these boards?!.. if it's patended then fine - no other company can copie it, let aside that this isnt difficult for them to figure (by disassembling/ xray).

I would choose the biggest, brightest letter and illusttrations to present this unique feature!

Last year i searched the forums for a new reliable board and saw that unicorn have had some serious troubles with the spiders, i too asked me why they dont attach the spider to the backwood.

Glad to see one80 did it, finallySmile but they have to communicate this feature more!

(11-02-2013, 01:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 06:26 PM)mesmo Wrote: Thanks DG, was looking forward for this. ..i doubt you lose some audience, but if, im here to cheer you up.
Have a +1 for the cute hammer... instead of 3d-printing, drawing is the way to go, Mac DGyver Wink
Ill consider this wiring as prevention for my new boards(unless its a gladiator).

That's what I like about the G2, it says the spider is attached to the backboard, Ive been trying to magnify some of the pics of the G2 box found on the internet to see if they have a diagram of the system but I cant see one. If it were me I would have a huge picture of how the spider was fixed, and a little picture of the board as this is a major selling point.
I was complaining to my wife (role reversal) that they need to make a board with the spider attached to the backboard, a couple of days later the G2 appeared on this site.

Defo going to get a G2, and thanx to Mike from Infiniti Darts its now possible. He pointed me in the right direction too a 180 distributor here in OZ as the postage for boards is ludicrous, Very selfless is our Mike and extremely helpful.

The only distributor over this side DG is an outfit called Sportsmart and when I first asked about it they denied there was one called a G2 then later they said its the same as the original.....dummies!!

Cheers,
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(11-02-2013, 05:58 AM)Dorian Wrote: The only distributor over this side DG is an outfit called Sportsmart and when I first asked about it they denied there was one called a G2 then later they said its the same as the original.....dummies!!

I contacted 180 for Australian distributor, WA was eagle sports who I contacted and they do indeed have them in stock but they do not sell to the general public and they would not give me a RRP, they gave me a few names of who they supply and after a lot of time on the phone I finally found a store that was willing to order one in as they travel to eagle sports daily, this store was the Midland branch of JIM KIDDS.
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

I dont think they are going to share the info on how its attached, not if they have spent X amount of money on its development to design it.

Its curious but I have looked on my replacement Eclipse HD and the spider seems to have lifted again, but I have noticed a little weld which looks like its going to the back of the board, I think thats the only thing keeping it coming off completely.

Will get some pics when I can but I can't remember if the first one I got had the same weld on it?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-02-2013, 01:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote:

Hi guys, as you can appreciate we have spent quite a bit of time and money developing our patented board and while we would love to divulge our manufacturing processes, we feel that may be giving an advantage away to other competitors. The wiring on the G2 though will be longer lasting as pointed out which should save Dirty G some time on board repairs Smile
(11-02-2013, 09:56 AM)DIRTY G Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 05:58 AM)Dorian Wrote: The only distributor over this side DG is an outfit called Sportsmart and when I first asked about it they denied there was one called a G2 then later they said its the same as the original.....dummies!!

I contacted 180 for Australian distributor, WA was eagle sports who I contacted and they do indeed have them in stock but they do not sell to the general public and they would not give me a RRP, they gave me a few names of who they supply and after a lot of time on the phone I finally found a store that was willing to order one in as they travel to eagle sports daily, this store was the Midland branch of JIM KIDDS.
Dirty G, I contacted the Perth Dart Center a while back and they told me they stock the G2 @ $88. Not sure of the shipping. They took a while to reply and in the meantime I bought 2 Puma bandit plus's.

The one I'm using seems to have softened up, as it doesn't push out the silver point darts anymore. (5 weeks in)

But the spider system is pretty average, where it joins and some of the long parts from the middle out aren't even straight.

Thanks for the tutorial that I hope I don't need!
[Image: GetSignature.ashx?id=178]
(11-02-2013, 01:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: we can't send you illustrations as its a patented product'.

Don't know where it was patented, but in the US if something like that were patented detailed drawings and descriptions would be included in the patent application and available to the public. That's the whole point of patents -- to keep somebody from copying something, you have to disclose in detail what it is they'd be copying. That's why the recipes for Coca-Cola and The Colonel's 17 Herbs and Spices will never be patented.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(11-02-2013, 03:28 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 01:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: we can't send you illustrations as its a patented product'.

Don't know where it was patented, but in the US if something like that were patented detailed drawings and descriptions would be included in the patent application and available to the public. That's the whole point of patents -- to keep somebody from copying something, you have to disclose in detail what it is they'd be copying. That's why the recipes for Coca-Cola and The Colonel's 17 Herbs and Spices will never be patented.

Maybe its just secret then, but its a good point Brent.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-02-2013, 03:31 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Maybe its just secret then, but its a good point Brent.

Give Dirty G a Sawzall, and it won't be a secret for long Big Grin.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)