Do you aim or use your Jedi dart skills ?
What seems to work best for me is just getting the dart in front of my right eye but focusing on the spot I want to hit. I don't actually line the dart up in any other way than that.
The other thing I have to do is settle myself not just run to the oche and throw. Kind of like the Olympic sport, not sure what it's called, cross country ski and rifle shooting? They have to settle their heart rates while at max from skiing. Very impressive discipline we can think of the same thing when at the oche.
(12-04-2018, 03:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: What seems to work best for me is just getting the dart in front of my right eye but focusing on the spot I want to hit. I don't actually line the dart up in any other way than that.
The other thing I have to do is settle myself not just run to the oche and throw. Kind of like the Olympic sport, not sure what it's called, cross country ski and rifle shooting? They have to settle their heart rates while at max from skiing. Very impressive discipline we can think of the same thing when at the oche.

This makes a lot of sense. Too often I find myself losing focus and when that happens it's a recipe for disaster. If I try to concentrate on fundamentals things go much better. That's not to say I have to slow down much. It's more about being aware of what I'm trying to accomplish. The idea being to hit my target and not to just chuck darts at the board.
Liberal heathen
(12-04-2018, 05:22 AM)derrickyoung Wrote: Pic removed
let’s just say I invented some new curse words tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that T18 was not intended?  Smile  Otherwise 174 is a fine score.  And you'll find in games it often makes sense to switch away from the T20 bed.  Might be blocked or otherwise too risky to jam a 3rd dart in.  Or 180 might not be the best setup to finish the game.

Last year in league, threw a 177 with 185 left.  Threw the first 2 T20's but knew going for the max would leave 5.  Not a good idea with opponents on a 2 dart finish.  So switched to T19 to leave my partner on a double.  And we won the game.  Was just as pleased with that 177 as any max.  Actually more, because it setup the win...
(12-04-2018, 04:30 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Last year in league, threw a 177 with 185 left.  Threw the first 2 T20's but knew going for the max would leave 5.  Not a good idea with opponents on a 2 dart finish.  So switched to T19 to leave my partner on a double.  And we won the game.  Was just as pleased with that 177 as any max.  Actually more, because it setup the win...

No the Triple 18 was third dart and intended for the triple 20 again.  Yes 174 is amazing score and I would be over the moon if I could score like that on a semi regular basis.
Would Love to swap the Piranha Razor Grip for something else.  Bought them and never used them
(12-04-2018, 06:51 PM)derrickyoung Wrote: No the Triple 18 was third dart and intended for the triple 20 again.  Yes 174 is amazing score and I would be over the moon if I could score like that on a semi regular basis.

You and me both! Smile
I really think that it's a combination of both.
Darts is a game of eye hand co-ordination.
You look at where you want to throw the dart, you throw in that direction and your brain helps you adjust your next throw with,the intent of getting closer.
The Jedi powers come into play after a sufficient amount of Amber Jedi Juice has been consumed !
League Darts: 
Voks Tracer One 21g, Target Pro Grip Short shafts, Standard Black Mission Flights.
BOARD: Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core

2019 Formal 180s - 12
2019 Best Leg played - 15 darts
2019 Practice 180s - don't want talk about them

Best Ever Finish - 170, 160, 144, 142, 120

It's no coincident that, all to often, one's second and third dart follow the first even when the first dart is off target. I've gotten to the point of stepping away, to break the cycle, when dart number two follows number one to the exact same spot in the 1 or 5 section. The same forces are also responsible for the plethora of Robin Hoods less talented players are cursed with achieving. In this case the mind seems to have a mind of it's own. Or maybe a split personality. Whatever the case may be.
Liberal heathen
I was thinking about this thread as well last night when I went to practice, and I ended up putting in my best match ever vs the cpu. And followed it up with one just a shade under

[Image: 1Hm9sSi.png]
(02-08-2018, 05:08 PM)Ryk Wrote: Look at what you want to hit. The Dart knows the way.

Seriously, your eyes should be focused on exactly where you want to the dart to hit. Laser beam focus - no need for targeting computers. Relax and throw with an "empty mind" if you can. Nice and relaxed, it takes plenty of practice to get as good and consistent as the pros.