Problems with Winmau Prism Force stems
I have had similar problems with Pyroplaz duel colour stems shearing off half way or thread end the only translucent stems to give decent service for me has been Showtime Core grip ST
Bought a set to try as I hold the dart right at the back and thought the grip may help. Also found that the flights kept coming out. Then the stem broke on the tread part. The stems were tight when fitting so when it broke the only way to remove it was to use a left handed drill in a drill. I tried them but not again.
The second Gurney set I bought one of them broke without them being used at all.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Excellent idea, I'll have to give this a whirl. Thanks!
Are there any other stems with a similar grip on them to the prism force stems?
Not had that problem with Prism stems but had the thread breaking on some colour/trans Poly Plast stems
(02-07-2018, 05:03 PM)TheRedBit Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join :)
Register
Always use a bit of vaseline on your dart shafts so they do not break.
One set of mine broke after 2 weeks. One hard bounce out and landing at a bad angle then landing on to a reasonably hard surface is all it seems to take. Not the only time this had happened so replaced with nylon pro grip. Removed excess shaft in barrel with small drill bit on anti clock-wise rotation to loosen. Drill speed on a very low setting. Did the trick with mine anyway.
(08-12-2019, 01:43 AM)John A. Martin Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I have never heard of that one before, not too keen to get vaseline on my fingers during a match for fear of the dart slipping.
how much do you use?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Prism Stems Colmcc 25 1,540 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: thurgood107
  Winmau Prism Force equivalent schornacht 15 525 06-13-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Winmau Stratos stems Lonelybull 8 683 09-23-2018, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Zeroed4x