First time at dart club
Thought I’d share this on here, not quite sure if it’s in the right bit of the forum? Went along to local dart club for the first time last week. These guys are good! Won a few legs but otherwise was well beaten. Would recommend it to anyone who’s thinking of trying a club! Always good to have like minded people around.
Well done for turning up...that first step is the hardest for most people...keep turning up and enjoying the experience.your game will come on a lot now your playing decent players and challenging yourself.It wont be long to your beating them Smile
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
Hello hamo ta for reply
Yes it may sound strange for some but it’s a big step for me to meet random people like that. Hopefully you’re right and will soon be winning! Just trying to hoover up their dart knowledge, the what to dos and what not to dos!
Very nice to hear Ed - it's not all that scary now, is it?  Big Grin Big Grin

Please keep us informed of your progress.
I just think these things are easier for some people than others? Will keep you informed! Cheers
Ps hamo, I like your reputation rating! 180
Not to repeat too much what's already been said, but playing better players is, in my opinion, the best way to improve your game. You either step up your game or stay tied to the whipping post and take your licks, and most players up their game.

Plus the more you do this and play in that environment, the easier it becomes if you are a person who is a bit hesitant about meeting and socializing with strangers.

Well done, and the more you hang in there, the better you will get is my bet.
Cheers gumbo! I’m quite a competitive person so really enjoyed it and can definitely(hopefully) predict improvement. Had a couple of good legs so there’s something to build from. Thanks again everyone for replies
This is why it's good to get out and play a real game of darts good for you Ed
Cheers crusher! Hope you’re all well
(01-31-2018, 02:35 AM)Ed180 Wrote: Ps hamo, I like your reputation rating! 180

Hadnt even noticed Lol ill have to try keep it theren queue up the rudeness :lol
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
Now you have been once and enjoyed your game you will be more relaxed in future and start to feel much more part of the club.
Nothing brings your game on and sharpens your edge more than competition, in a few months you will start to see other newcomers like yourself coming in so be sure to make them as welcome as you were on your first time ( make sure you beat them though LOL )
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average