Darts Etiquette - Good stuff
Thanks for the ground rules.
Nothing has changed the guy is still talking and distracting me during my turn. Making me wait at the line for him to throw while he is having a conversation with someone at the bar. Sometimes for 2-3 minutes at a time. If his finance calls the game takes an abrupt halt as he answers the call because he is more important than me obv. Maybe he doesn't think he is doing anything wrong? When he is really on my nerves I will tell him his etiquette sucks.
I've played darts for more than 20 years. Recently..hence me looking at this thread..somone refused to shake hands with me before I retrieved the winning dart..Caused a bit of a todo in the pub as it was deemed disrispectful by that player...
That was the only time I'd ever seen or heared the topic even discussed. It seems it's down to personal preference...the only argument should be that the dart might fall out and that technically the game hasn't ended until the darts are retrieved..personally I feel that it shows more respect for the other player to shake hands with them straight away.
when I lose I don’t care when I shake his his hand, I’ve had plenty turn straight after hitting the double and just as many who retrieve their darts first and then shake my hand. It matters not a jot to me.

Dave.
(09-21-2018, 11:07 AM)Wayne Hughes Wrote: I've played darts for more than 20 years. Recently..hence me looking at this thread..somone refused to shake hands with me before I retrieved the winning dart..Caused a bit of a todo in the pub as it was deemed disrispectful by that player...
That was the only time I'd ever seen or heared the topic even discussed. It seems it's down to personal preference...the only argument should be that the dart might fall out and that technically the game hasn't ended until the darts are retrieved..personally I feel that it shows more respect for the other player to shake hands with them straight away.

I thought the retrieval / fall out didn’t apply after game shot had been called.

You hit the double, game shot called, shake hands and the dart falls out, it doesn’t matter because the game is already over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t realize there were clearly defined etiquette standards. I’ll have to educate some people at the pub lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player *Saber* 132 57,846 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Good, affordable set of starter darts. That1Person2 15 8,919 10-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Rodney
  Soft Tip Etiquette thpethalK 7 2,544 07-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Red