Darts Etiquette - Good stuff
American players in my area don't follow these rules of etiquette I am starting to think I am getting cheated at this point and called out a dart playing friend last night. How is it fair that I follow the rules and he doesn't? "It is just pub darts" is what people say but I don't buy it. How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?
Etiquette is such a touchy and volatile subject ,but it shouldn’t be. People take advise and critique personally,when common sense should have been an easy way to understand what was said and why.
Ex: Why would a chalker suddenly decide to erase the chalkboard after you’ve thrown your first dart not understanding that his action could have been off-putting to the person throwing ?
I see this happening time and time again .
 Learning the great game of Darts should also include learning the rules ,learning how to chalk (Score) and understanding the etiquette .
Enjoy your Darts ...  Smile

Match Darts=Cosmo John Part ® 20.4g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Unfortunately you can't. But that's darts. You just have to deal with it.

Your focus should be on your target, nothing else. That's just me being honest...

(10-18-2017, 10:44 PM)kevmode Wrote: How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?
So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette. Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you. Its really annoying I HATE IT!!! Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok? I have never seen good players do what this guy does and that says something.
(10-20-2017, 07:45 PM)kevmode Wrote: So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette. Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you. Its really annoying I HATE IT!!! Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok?

Keep in mind that etiquette =/= rules. The people you are describing are a bunch of ******* but they aren't technically cheating.
What joeriw96 said.

Rules are rules and etiquette is something you can't force to another person, unfortunately. That's sh|t thing to do what he does, but you just have to deal with it. There will be those kind of cvnts, unfortunately. One can choose not to play with them or play with them and understand it's ones choice.

Yes, I do understand it's annoying and that kind of thing shouldn't be part of the game, but what can be done?

(10-20-2017, 07:54 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 07:45 PM)kevmode Wrote: So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette.  Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you.  Its really annoying I HATE IT!!!  Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok?

Keep in mind that etiquette =/= rules. The people you are describing are a bunch of ******* but they aren't technically cheating.
(10-20-2017, 07:45 PM)kevmode Wrote: So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette.  Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you.  Its really annoying I HATE IT!!!  Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok?  I have never seen good players do what this guy does and that says something.

Why not speak to your team Captain on practice night and get him to bring it up at league level, there must be rules regarding match behaviour.
Failing that just stand back from the oche until your opponent has passed, make a point of not making eye contact or acknowledging him in any way and just take him to the cleaners. 
No rules broken and you never know it might just wind him up and serve as a distraction to him that he cannot draw you in to his ill mannered charade.
In the words of Bett Midler, F*!k em if they cant take a joke LOL
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(10-18-2017, 10:44 PM)kevmode Wrote: American players in my area don't follow these rules of etiquette I am starting to think I am getting cheated at this point and called out a dart playing friend last night.  How is it fair that I follow the rules and he doesn't?  "It is just pub darts" is what people say but I don't buy it.  How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?

Perhaps you are taking it much too seriously.    I see nothing wrong with casual banter between players when playing in a pub environment between friends.  I have no issues with being  called out for tossing a 140 followed by a 26 and getting my share of grief for my efforts.

When it comes to league matches, I prefer to be stoic and to myself and simply play the game and not have all of this casual conversation between me any my opponent or even teammates.   I've been playing long enough to know what I need to throw, so I don't need you talking to me while at the oche and getting ready to toss my darts.
(10-21-2017, 12:30 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 10:44 PM)kevmode Wrote: American players in my area don't follow these rules of etiquette I am starting to think I am getting cheated at this point and called out a dart playing friend last night.  How is it fair that I follow the rules and he doesn't?  "It is just pub darts" is what people say but I don't buy it.  How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?

Perhaps you are taking it much too seriously.    I see nothing wrong with casual banter between players when playing in a pub environment between friends.  I have no issues with being  called out for tossing a 140 followed by a 26 and getting my share of grief for my efforts.

When it comes to league matches, I prefer to be stoic and to myself and simply play the game and not have all of this casual conversation between me any my opponent or even teammates.   I've been playing long enough to know what I need to throw, so I don't need you talking to me while at the oche and getting ready to toss my darts.
I agree with Gumbo- however even Pros play the head game. Coughing before a player shoots or tapping darts together - Concentrate- concentrate its part of the game. If your that sensitive am afraid your in for a hard time because players will prey upon you. I personally give it right back to them because they are asses lol.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
Head games are part of the game. ut other thing is how it's done. Casual banter is also part of the relaxed arrow tossing among friends.

Toughing up and focusing ones own game is something that every dart player should do. Of course there is a limit for the stupid and like *Saber* said, give it back.

(10-21-2017, 12:39 AM)*Saber* Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 12:30 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Perhaps you are taking it much too seriously.    I see nothing wrong with casual banter between players when playing in a pub environment between friends.  I have no issues with being  called out for tossing a 140 followed by a 26 and getting my share of grief for my efforts.

I agree with Gumbo- however even Pros play the head game. Coughing before a player shoots or tapping darts together - Concentrate- concentrate its part of the game. If your that sensitive am afraid your in for a hard time because players will prey upon you. I personally give it right back to them because they are asses lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player *Saber* 132 56,717 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Good, affordable set of starter darts. That1Person2 15 8,717 10-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Rodney
  Soft Tip Etiquette thpethalK 7 2,484 07-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Red