Darts Etiquette - Good stuff
bump for newbies
This might be of interest to some of you folks who are just stepping out in to league or pub play. Check it out and render an opinion.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Throw, chalk, pull
Dont be talking while your opponent is throwing, its bad form.
Playing Super League last night. First year and I am a rating 6.5. Got to overkill last night against other team which included a rating 10. I went to close number. Rating 10 has a tantrum and storms off 'you don't throw after overkill'. Doesn't shake hands and doesn't want to do 6 dart warm up on next and final leg. What a tantrum. I have played competitive sport and can tell if someone should know better or not. I obviously didn't. Poor manners by this bloke. We play his team again in about a month. Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
•Do not speak to the player who is shooting. Don’t go “ooh” and “aah” with each dart that is thrown.

I play darts during lunch time at my office. Got this 1 player that will make u sick playing against him. 

Throw my first darts, T20. 2nd darts, right before im throwing he will shout like "yeah!" and even swearing. 2nd darts 1, 3rd darts T1. Sighh. Every single time the 1st darts touch T20 it'll ended scoring 62,64,70. ???
Trying to be better darts player insyaAllah.
(08-24-2016, 12:25 PM)izzat rahman Wrote: •Do not speak to the player who is shooting. Don’t go “ooh” and “aah” with each dart that is thrown.

I play darts during lunch time at my office. Got this 1 player that will make u sick playing against him. 

Throw my first darts, T20. 2nd darts, right before im throwing he will shout like "yeah!" and even swearing. 2nd darts 1, 3rd darts T1. Sighh. Every single time the 1st darts touch T20 it'll ended scoring 62,64,70. ???

There are a lot of local players in my area that don't respect the dart etiquette.  At the local pubs I play at these players just have to talk during your throw and during legs it is annoying.  Some players just don't understand and they never will even when I mention it to them they will hold it against me and say throw through it.
I have started playing (shooting) steel tip again after many years away for darts all together,,,,I have played tons more soft tip in the past ,, and I enjoy the soft tip for that reason,,,, that I was never fast or accurate at counting backwards from 501,,,,,Now these days my health has changed and I am on regular oxygen as a prescription to help moderate my heart rate,,,,,with all that I find it even more difficult to score 501 steel tip,,,, even though I can rattle off a 3 dart out shot faster than greased lightning,,,,,,I know it may upset some folks but here lately I have just plain refused to chalk even during my own match ,,,, and those that know me know why and have no problem covering for me,,,, Since my dependence on oxygen ,,,my brain has become mush for counting backwards,,,,,,Sad
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
I've never thought about etiquette for scoring Your Own games as back home in NZ a game doesn't start until there is a chalker at the board. As such I always pull then score,  maybe I need to rethink that.
There Are No Heroes, Only Warriors
(10-01-2016, 03:47 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: I have started playing (shooting) steel tip again after many years away for darts all together,,,,I have played tons more soft tip in the past ,, and I enjoy the soft tip for that reason,,,, that I was never fast or accurate at counting backwards from 501,,,,,Now these days my health has changed and I am on regular oxygen as a prescription to help moderate my heart rate,,,,,with all that I find it even more difficult to score 501 steel tip,,,, even though I can rattle off a 3 dart out shot faster than greased lightning,,,,,,I know it may upset some folks but here lately I have just plain refused to chalk even during my own match ,,,, and those that know me know why and have no problem covering for me,,,, Since my dependence on oxygen ,,,my brain has become mush for counting backwards,,,,,,Sad

You would have to be pretty low to object to someone not chalking for genuine medical reasons. I'm sure any normal person would happily chalk in your place; I know I would gladly.

In b grade last year we had a couple of people who used phone apps to to help themselves out but not seen it at a grade or rep.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
American players in my area don't follow these rules of etiquette I am starting to think I am getting cheated at this point and called out a dart playing friend last night. How is it fair that I follow the rules and he doesn't? "It is just pub darts" is what people say but I don't buy it. How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?
Etiquette is such a touchy and volatile subject ,but it shouldn’t be. People take advise and critique personally,when common sense should have been an easy way to understand what was said and why.
Ex: Why would a chalker suddenly decide to erase the chalkboard after you’ve thrown your first dart not understanding that his action could have been off-putting to the person throwing ?
I see this happening time and time again .
 Learning the great game of Darts should also include learning the rules ,learning how to chalk (Score) and understanding the etiquette .
Enjoy your Darts ...  Smile

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Unfortunately you can't. But that's darts. You just have to deal with it.

Your focus should be on your target, nothing else. That's just me being honest...

(10-18-2017, 10:44 PM)kevmode Wrote: How can I get him to understand that I don't want to talk during legs?
So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette. Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you. Its really annoying I HATE IT!!! Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok? I have never seen good players do what this guy does and that says something.
(10-20-2017, 07:45 PM)kevmode Wrote: So Musher is saying that it is ok that my opponents cheat and I have to just "deal with it" while I follow the proper rules and etiquette. Maybe darts isn't the game for me than. Hard to focus on the "target" when your oponent makes eye contact with you when he gets done throwing his turn and talks to you. Its really annoying I HATE IT!!! Having 1 minutes conversation on my throw during a 501 is ok?

Keep in mind that etiquette =/= rules. The people you are describing are a bunch of ******* but they aren't technically cheating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Tip Etiquette thpethalK 7 2,559 07-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Red