L Style shell lock or sparklingly champagne flights?
Anyone used either or have a preference? Pros and cons?
Darts: 23 gram Shot! Silver Surfer
Flights: LStyle Small Standard Pro
Shafts: LStyle carbon 260 - Gomu
Never have, but I see some threads in this very sub-forum.   Here's one:

http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14397

cheers...
Have had both, shell lock cups and the shell lock punch etc.
I prefer the champagne cups though, especially the metal ones as the plastic shell locks and champagne cups break with a robinhood and they aren’t exactly cheap to replace. Rather replace standard springs everytime and they keep the flight even better in place in my opinion.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

[Image: 27109455994_c22fa3b697_c.jpg]
I haven't tried the L-style Shell lock system (cups and/or expensive punch), but I do use the Champagne Cups on a couple of my Dart sets. Even though I like the look of the Metal Champagne Cups, they come in many different sizes and shapes as well as colors that don't fit the Champagne Cups Flight cut out properly (very few do). I find that the Plastic Champagne Cups do fit properly, but are not as durable as the metal ones. I haven't ruined or had a "robinhood" since I started using the Plastic Champagne Cups. I have decided that I'm going to go with a regular "slit" type punch instead of the L-style Shell punch going forward because it doesn't make a large hole in the flight and will probably be more aero dynamic. Plus IMHO, my custom flights (any flight) will look better with less of a hole in them.
Metal Champagne Cup...
[Image: 56ba28bee565bbc21f785f34ab962e6d.jpg]
Plastic Champagne cup...
[Image: 9eb0f958e03bb462f2fab0bbd78ee2ba.jpg]
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
I guess I am inquiring more about the nwewr style champagne flights with the cups built in to the flight as opposed having to insert the cups yourself
Darts: 23 gram Shot! Silver Surfer
Flights: LStyle Small Standard Pro
Shafts: LStyle carbon 260 - Gomu
http://www.a-zdarts.com/sparkling-champagne.html
look similar to Robson and Joker Driver flights with the all-in-one piece form.
I've tried all you've mentioned, my preference is Whizlocks, and thats what I've been using for a couple of years now. Second would be L-style champagne flights with plastic cap (not Shell lock), or metal if they fit well but as Spencerdl says they don't always fit as well as the standard plastic caps.
(01-13-2018, 09:38 PM)O C Wrote: http://www.a-zdarts.com/sparkling-champagne.html
look similar to Robson and Joker Driver flights with the all-in-one piece form.
I've tried all you've mentioned, my preference is Whizlocks, and thats what I've been using for a couple of years now. Second would be L-style champagne flights with plastic cap (not Shell lock), or metal if they fit well but as Spencerdl says they don't always fit as well as the standard plastic caps.

I like the look of these. I will probably be giving this flight set a try.  Big Grin
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
i love the shell locks i never had a problem with them but i might give the robson flights a try
[Image: O9QmbK.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New O-ring style product from L-style (also Paul Lim in silly cat ears) JDorks 11 4,424 10-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Pac