Red Dragon Nitrotech Stems
Anyone tried these stems? Got any photos? Any thoughts? Are they slightly longer than normal nylon stems?

Cheers[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Not tried them, but they came with my new Rastas - I believe the top part is supposed to spin, although the set I have didn't appear to lol

http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=30392
Spin? Hmmm that's no good. Also the flight doesn't look like it goes in deep like nylon stems. I liked the look of them but don't think they'll be for me.
Thanks mike
i've got then on my Mambas, they don't spin or if they're meant to mine don't.

the flights doesn't go as far in as with a nylon/poly stems but they do grip the flight well.

set up as supplied vs my set up for reference

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-04-2018, 05:10 PM)Dart_Vader Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Those are supposed to be the same sized stems? If so then not for me, should make the stems slightly shorter then if the flights don't go in as far lol I'll end up looking my eye out
(01-04-2018, 05:14 PM)JayKay Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
No these aren't meant to be same size stem. Pic was more to reference how far the flight goes in
They look pretty. Are the black flight holder parts interchangeable (in the event of a robin hood) or are they like that because it looks nice?
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
They look like Unicorn Zero Degrees to me.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
Got a set of these in solid White. so you can't see the inner workings. (It can't spin but the clear versions you can see the socket and alloy pin inside)
The barrel end is polycarbonate, and smooth, has a bit of flex to it, more than metal , way less than nylon. But it returns to its original shape far better than either aluminium or nylon.

The top bit is a light aluminium alloy with some grooves and detail work.

I don't like Nylon stems - so these are good they grip the flight without any need for rings or holes punches. They are also a bit smaller in the shaft tip area... BUT if a following dart does hit he flight point first this is the place a dart will robinhood. Maybe it is low profile enough to avoid damage.

If you compare to a full Polycarb then a robin hood hit generally destroys the tine - A flight ring may spread the energy away from a single tine.

The Alloy tip here could shrug off damage - but it could be deformed requiring some vengeful manipulation with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, (Okay maybe not the blowtorch.)

I have yet to hit the back of one with enough oomph to destroy the alloy polycarb socket join - but I guess this will be the weak point.

They do look classy though.
A smooth Polycarbonate version of an Harrows Alamo (Nylon Base/ Alloy tip) to me.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(01-04-2018, 05:10 PM)Dart_Vader Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
 Is it feasible to use punched flights if the flights don't slide into the stem the "std" distance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Blue VXR stems WindyMiller 11 1,471 02-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: ikarl69