Dartboard design history
So I'm throwing at 20 and keep hitting two single 20's and a single 1 for a 41. Since that's not working I go down to 19 and keep hitting two single 19's and a single 3 for a ... 41.

Which got me thinking, who was the evil genius that designed the current dartboard layout and what's the logic behind the design? Obviously it's not random, as evidenced by my example above. All the big numbers are surrounded by little numbers, with the 19-7 area being the highest scoring side by side combo on the board, it's definitely a risk/reward concept. Was the design based on a specific game like x01?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Here you go, Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Great  read GWN, nice one  Smile

cheers...
Thanks for that, now I know who to blame

Good Stuff here. Thanks GWN
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
https://www.theguardian.com/science/alex...s-bullseye

Older article, but I'm wondering if people hated the change up idea
Bottelsen GG Hammerheads 25 gram, laser etched fixed point tips, punched Sininster Flights 
Piranha 22gram with 32mm laser etched tips, punched Pentathlon Flights
Target PT Power 8Zero BT 24gram, Unicorn Supertrue flights 

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(12-19-2017, 11:09 PM)Dubz1387 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Interesting...Thanks for the info.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-19-2017, 11:09 PM)Dubz1387 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterThat's interesting, definitely a more difficult layout, actually makes more sense to me than the current design because you can easily see the logic.

There is no question the numbering is brilliant, and I love the variety of urban legends that follow those numbers around (making me appreciate Patrick Chaplin all the more). My favorite is that the numbering scheme was devised as such in order to prove that "Darts is NOT a game of chance" thereby avoiding the dreaded Gambling Tax. Patently untrue, but the explanation I encounter most frequently in the pubs. It actually make far more sense that the numbering was devised in order to minimize financial loss to the hordes of drunks in the fairgrounds. One slight semantic quibble I have with the Patrick Chaplin piece is that he states that the numbers were designed to "encourage accuracy". I think it is more correct to say the opposite: The numbering scheme was design specifically to "penalize inaccuracy". After all, Gamblin never wanted to improve anyone's accuracy. He simply wanted drunks to not win anything Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FIRST 180 in TELEVISION HISTORY! - 1973 Indoor League Getagrip 13 524 05-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Pub
  can some of you history buffs .....? jamie373 9 2,951 09-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: jamie373
  history of winmau blade dartboards jamie373 22 5,536 09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish