Durrant to the PDC
I can't see Duzza being very motivated to win Lakeside this year. He's been talking about moving to the pdc for over a year now. I expect him to not get very far.
From his interview at the Finders Darts Masters, that last part is a bit confusing?!? Is he missing the word 'Otherwise'?

“I have made it very clear that the PDC will be my last challenge, I’m still playing at the World Championship at Lakeside this year, I signed a contract for it, and if I win Lakeside, I’ll stay with the BDO. I move to the PDC, “says the Englishman
He was pretty clear if he doesn't semis he's gone, otherwise he said he signed a contract and feels he has to honour it even though he wants to go.
Mack The Knife
Just seen the following on facebook posted by Glen:

Quote:Off to the Dutch Open for the first time in 7 years with a heavy heart. My decision of staying with the BDO and keeping my promise that Susan is the priority moving forward means I have parted company with the Best Manager and the man that changed my darting life Mac Elkin.

Susan is going to look after my affairs now and has made things clear:-

1. No more giving darts and shirts away

2. Reduced exhibitions at the right price - No working for a cheap rate

3. Come off Facebook and back on the practice board

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mac and the team - What a ride - BDO number 1 / 23 BDO Opens / 2 x Finders / 2 x World Masters and 2 BDO World titles

I have been sad the past few days after informing him

Love you Boss and good luck for the future and with Corey Cadby and Dimitri Van den Bergh at such a young age you will guide them and make them millionaires and champions
(02-01-2018, 10:42 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Just seen the following on facebook posted by Glen:

Quote:Off to the Dutch Open for the first time in 7 years with a heavy heart. My decision of staying with the BDO and keeping my promise that Susan is the priority moving forward means I have parted company with the Best Manager and the man that changed my darting life Mac Elkin.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mac and the team - What a ride - BDO number 1 / 23 BDO Opens / 2 x Finders / 2 x World Masters and 2 BDO World titles

Love you Boss and good luck for the future and with Corey Cadby and Dimitri Van den Bergh at such a young age you will guide them and make them millionaires and champions

sod the promises he made, i bet if he asked Barry nicely he'd be a PDC player in time for the UK Open
(02-01-2018, 01:00 PM)Dart_Vader Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 10:42 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Just seen the following on facebook posted by Glen:

sod the promises he made, i bet if he asked Barry nicely he'd be a PDC player in time for the UK Open
 It's of his choosing but I fear if he wishes to make darts his lively hood he may come to regret his decision to stay with the BDO It's one of those if you don't try you'll never know set ups but maybe he is more comfortable being a larger fish in a smaller pond I guess time will tell
I think the big issue is he would have had to forfeit the £100k he got from winning Lakeside as opposed to the big fish small pond scenario - that's a big chunk of change for anyone to lose. Yes he may have got it through the courts, but it would have been up to him to instigate any legal proceedings and would have cost a lot of time and money trying to win the case proving the contract he voluntarily signed was not legal.
I am not sure how well he would do at the PDC . I was a big fan of Stephen Bunting and really hoped he would make it at the PDC , but every game at the PDC you play a top class player and it is so hard to make the top 16 with such strength in depth ,, this is just my opinion and there is no doubt he is a great player
(02-02-2018, 11:08 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I think the big issue is he would have had to forfeit the £100k he got from winning Lakeside as opposed to the big fish small pond scenario - that's a big chunk of change for anyone to lose.  Yes he may have got it through the courts, but it would have been up to him to instigate any legal proceedings and would have cost a lot of time and money trying to win the case proving the contract he voluntarily signed was not legal.

I heard his interview with local Teeside radio a couple of days after Lakeside. He mentioned that the prize money as winner was a big factor in his decision as he wants to help his daughter buy a house.
Top 20 but not sure top 10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glen Durrant Interview (30-Oct-2018) Banz 13 877 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Glen Durrant announcement katsu 17 3,603 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: The G
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 2,952 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Glen Durrant Staying At The BDO Getagrip 10 2,078 01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: LesWallace180
  Glen Durrant: Number one seed embraces BDO favourite's tag hamo 4 936 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip