Durrant to the PDC
Star 
Glen Durrant stated he join Q-School if he does not win Lakeside.

Does he have a chance to become top 20 player ?
may all the doubles be with you

Top 20 sure, top 15 possibly top 10 will be tough.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
If he makes the tour, my answer is ....To Be Continued
Big fish in a small bowl will become a small fish in a bigger bowl . Rolleyes

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

I think if he joins the PDC he can be a long time top32-20 player.
may all the doubles be with you

Never can tell. Currently he has the confidence of knowing he's the best. But the PDC is nothing like the BDO, he won't have the opens where he can cruise through in 3rd or 4th gear for a few rounds, he will have top players from round one. There will be 20-30 players who can match his game not the hand full there are in the BDO. I would expect him either to crash and burn or make steady progress to the top 16 like Bunting then slip back a bit when the reality of where he stands sinks in. However if it all goes well there is a top 10 spot out there to be taken by anyone who wants to grab it with Taylor on the way out and 3-4 players not playing their best so who knows. But I think Bunting is a good compassion.
Mack The Knife
(12-10-2017, 07:05 PM)Mack Wrote: Never can tell.  Currently he has the confidence of knowing he's the best.  But the PDC is nothing like the BDO, he won't have the opens where he can cruise through in 3rd or 4th gear for a few rounds, he will have top players from round one.  There will be 20-30 players who can match his game not the hand full there are in the BDO.   I would expect him either to crash and burn or make steady progress to the top 16 like Bunting then slip back a bit when the reality of where he stands sinks in.  However if it all goes well there is a top 10 spot out there to be taken by anyone who wants to grab it with Taylor on the way out and 3-4 players not playing their best so who knows.  But I think Bunting is a good compassion.

My first thoughts before I have read your post were that he would be probably better than Bunting and he would be a lot better than Hankey... On the other hand, the possibility of him winning the Lakeside is quite big as well. Will he switch if he wins?
(12-10-2017, 08:57 PM)elevendarter Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 07:05 PM)Mack Wrote: Never can tell.  Currently he has the confidence of knowing he's the best.  But the PDC is nothing like the BDO, he won't have the opens where he can cruise through in 3rd or 4th gear for a few rounds, he will have top players from round one.  There will be 20-30 players who can match his game not the hand full there are in the BDO.   I would expect him either to crash and burn or make steady progress to the top 16 like Bunting then slip back a bit when the reality of where he stands sinks in.  However if it all goes well there is a top 10 spot out there to be taken by anyone who wants to grab it with Taylor on the way out and 3-4 players not playing their best so who knows.  But I think Bunting is a good compassion.

My first thoughts before I have read your post were that he would be probably better than Bunting and he would be a lot better than Hankey... On the other hand, the possibility of him winning the Lakeside is quite big as well. Will he switch if he wins?

BDO is more expensive then PDC now  Exclamation with worse prize money Huh BDO is like a sloth on Vicodin   Big Grin
180-2(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]

My guess is no. Isn't there some BDO contract stipulation saying anyone who reaches the last four and then jumps has to return his winnings?

(12-10-2017, 09:27 PM)Berlin180 Wrote:

My guess is no. Isn't there some BDO contract stipulation saying anyone who reaches the last four and then jumps has to return his winnings?

There is or was something like that. I think Bunting had to wait very long time before he could have announced his move to the PDC.
Another thing to consider though is the possible long streak of WC wins he could get. I see the point of not switching if you're the reigning champ.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glen Durrant Interview (30-Oct-2018) Banz 13 928 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Glen Durrant announcement katsu 17 4,150 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: The G
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 2,990 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Glen Durrant Staying At The BDO Getagrip 10 2,096 01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: LesWallace180
  Glen Durrant: Number one seed embraces BDO favourite's tag hamo 4 945 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip