Best dart for a front gripper?
(07-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Chappers Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 04:16 AM)Spencerdl Wrote: Welcome to Darts Nutz where it's ok to be NUTZ about Darts. I personally have been looking at the Target Distinction Pixel Orion Dart Set as a "front gripper" Dart set. They come in Steel and Soft Tip. I haven't purchased them yet, but they will be part of my next Darts Corner order. Enjoy the site.

I have the Distinctions but went for the Capricorn rather than the Orion, both very nice looking darts!  I think the grip on the Orion looks more similar to the Carreras which I also love, I used the C4's for a few years before finding this place and attempting to try every set under the sun Smile

NICE. Good Luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
I recently bought the Target RVB '80s and they're great for my front grip. I think these are the best darts I've tried yet. Would like to use the 90's, but they're way to expensive for an amateur player. Does anyone have some experience with the 90's?
I have to recommend Shot 9ti2 series 1, theres a slight scallop at the front and its front weighted. for me it suits my grip and throw.. they fly very nicely and i feel more relaxed and consistent on 20's sector after switching from my chameleons and middle grip to these and front grip.
Best leg 501: 12 darts (180,180,29,112) 
Highest checkout: 164 (T19, T19, Bull)
Darts: Harrows Elite 24g
(01-11-2018, 04:57 PM)wongerchi Wrote: To complicate matters further, I am a front gripper and like long straight barrels. I don't get on as well with the more front-loaded darts.

I don't think there is a "best" dart for any grip style, it's a case of "suck it and see".
You will like the Target Agora Verde darts. I expected the rear to be grippy but they really could just have the smooth ring go all the way.

I tried gripping up front and the flight of the dart is simply great. 54mm so pretty long.

I guess I'm a front gripper after all.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
(01-11-2018, 04:57 PM)wongerchi Wrote: To complicate matters further, I am a front gripper and like long straight barrels.  I don't get on as well with the more front-loaded darts.

I don't think there is a "best" dart for any grip style, it's a case of "suck it and see".

Over a year since you posted this, but you might try the Brendan Dolan Winmau sigs. He's a front gripper who likes long barrels and he seems to do fairly well with them.

Winmau stratos are front weighted may suit you
I know everyone has their own feel for what works. But, is there any hard fast rule that says a front gripper should use a front weighted dart? Like if you are pushing (rear) then this works best.... if you  pulling (front grip)  then you want to use..... etc....