Best dart for a front gripper?
I've been throwing Black Widows exclusively since 2007. I've bought many...soft and fixed point....18 gm (soft), and 23 gm (fixed)... But I always end up back at my 18 gm soft tips (with inserts when throwing steel).

I've had success (took out 160 in a steel tip in league just last night)...hence the fear to stray from Widows....but now I've decided to see if there is anything "possibly" better for me.

However......I started reading review after review after review and I think I may be more confused then when I started.

So...I was hoping some of you may be able to help me weed it down a little to maybe 3 or 4 sets to look at.

I'm a front gripper looking for something around 20 ga...in a soft tip (2BA)....with LOTS of grip!

Any suggestions?
Welcome to Darts Nutz where it's ok to be NUTZ about Darts. I personally have been looking at the Target Distinction Pixel Orion Dart Set as a "front gripper" Dart set. They come in Steel and Soft Tip. I haven't purchased them yet, but they will be part of my next Darts Corner order. Enjoy the site.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Welcome to the forum Smile.

I just had a set of these Colin Lloyd Maestro arrive. A really nice dart that might fit the bill?

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=25542
[Image: i6coee.jpg]
Thank you both for your recommendations! I will look into each of them.
Any other suggestions?
Being a front gripper, I like having front weighted darts. I enjoy throwing the following:
-Power 8zero S2
-Preistley's
-Aura A3
-Shot! 9ti2

These have been my favorite. I have thrown the Powers for about a year now. The Harrows Retina and Shot Tribal Warrior are also good, but a bit too grippy for me.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Hexoset
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Shot! Ronin Makoto
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics

Welcome to the nutz! I'm also a front gripper and I throw the harrows aura a3 in 23g. Also check out winmau priestly's, I use them in soft tip. Good luck!
The "Multi Ring" version of Bulls Shark Pros may be a steel tip option. Although the top weight is 19g it doesn't sound like you are averse to a lighter weapon. They are great for front grippers, and as they are a shark grip you get a decent amount of purchase.

All the best.
Unicorn Gripper 2 90%
"Gripper 2 is one of the best pre-loaded series on the market. Excellent grip grip. Available in weight of 20g, 22g and 24g last, the heaviest model has, however, significantly increased dimensions for length and behaves differently than twins, which are short "duck". Stable aileron giving a high tolerance. The soft barrel in this series splits with heavier steel as anyone plays on both discs because the dimensions are close"

source: http://www.kowal.itcom.pl/dart_pliki/recbarrel.htm
180's 2017> 8
180's 2018> 8
Unicorn Adam Hunt 23g
Winmau Blade5 Dual Core
Front gripper too, should try these