Buying Darts - You guys don't know how good you have it !
(02-23-2019, 03:04 PM)denrock316 Wrote: Here in the USA Amazon wanted $61.90 + 4.95 shipping for RD Snakebite 3s. I ended up ordering them directly from Red Dragon cost me about $42 total shipped.

Was looking at these on the RD site. How long was the wait from ordering to your door, and how are you liking them thus far?
(03-03-2019, 11:10 PM)Curtis8976 Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 03:04 PM)denrock316 Wrote: Here in the USA Amazon wanted $61.90 + 4.95 shipping for RD Snakebite 3s. I ended up ordering them directly from Red Dragon cost me about $42 total shipped.

Was looking at these on the RD site. How long was the wait from ordering to your door, and how are you liking them thus far?

I like them quite a lot. They arrived in about 8 days. I use short nylon shafts and either Target Ten X small standard or harrows retina Kite flights with them.
180's (2019) = 67
Highest checkout = 139
Current match darts - Unicorn JW Phase 1 Purist 22g
What's even worse is that you essentially have to buy the darts to figure out if they work for you and take the gamble. There is no way in the US to really try out darts unless you know someone with them.

I have a ton of 26g darts that have been thrown for 5 minutes inside, then decided they don't work for me. Now I have to figure out a way to unload/trade them without getting bent over.
(10-09-2019, 01:14 AM)thet Wrote: What's even worse is that you essentially have to buy the darts to figure out if they work for you and take the gamble. There is no way in the US to really try out darts unless you know someone with them.

I have a ton of 26g darts that have been thrown for 5 minutes inside, then decided they don't work for me. Now I have to figure out a way to unload/trade them without getting bent over.

You can trade on here - after reaching 50 posts.  That's why you can't post in the BSS section until then.  But no junk posts just to up the count please.

cheers...
(12-30-2017, 06:40 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:35 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:33 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:30 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 05:38 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: Really no one has it good, UK people have to pay VAT yes they get stuff quicker but it cost them more, people in the UE pay VAT and get it in a few more days ( correct me if i'm wrong here ), the rest of the world pay less and have to wait longer, which i will gladly do for paying a 3rd of the price it would cost me to buy in Canada or depending on the exchange rate from the US, we all b*tch and chew about the mail but i will still wait 3 weeks to get 3 set for the price of one here
Crusher your independently wealthy so stop complaining- anyone who can afford to heat their home in -11 weather has to have money bahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  Tongue  Big Grin

I wish -11 try -20's lol, and i wasn't complaining stating facts

Got ya -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why i buy most of my sets during the summer not paying for heating oil lol

I do exactly the same except my heating is electric (it is so expensive,  that, during winter I have very little spare cash for anything).
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current preferred weight 19 to 23 grams, with 21 gram, being my current favourate.

Favourate current darts set up :- 21 grams 46 to 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts, standard flights.
My recent DC order took three days to get to me, and I was annoyed Lol
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 4/25
(10-09-2019, 08:52 PM)jt4527 Wrote: My recent DC order took three days to get to me, and I was annoyed Lol

I had a delay on a recent ebay buy (this week) I have had some mail stolen previously (out of my communal letter box here)  so was a bit worried, it turns out it was a delay caused by royal mail, which is quite unusual.

It wasnt a dc order just a random ebay one, the point being at the moment there are known royal mail delays, probably what happened to yours too I expect.

Current preferred weight 19 to 23 grams, with 21 gram, being my current favourate.

Favourate current darts set up :- 21 grams 46 to 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts, standard flights.

Even in the uk, it is cheaper to buy direct from red dragon (from their own web site) than, to buy, via ebay. That probably goes for other darts suppliers as well.

(10-09-2019, 08:58 PM)Phil D Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 08:52 PM)jt4527 Wrote: My recent DC order took three days to get to me, and I was annoyed Lol

I had a delay on a recent ebay buy (this week) I have had some mail stolen previously (out of my communal letter box here)  so was a bit worried, it turns out it was a delay caused by royal mail, which is quite unusual.

It wasnt a dc order just a random ebay one, the point being at the moment there are known royal mail delays, probably what happened to yours too I expect.

Maybe, I'm also annoyed that 5 sets of flights, 5 sets of stems, and some springs cost the same to post as a full set of darts.

I will never stop getting my gear from DC, but I have had next day experience just going for the standard shipping and the set rates are annoying me now I just buy accessories.
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 4/25
(10-09-2019, 09:03 PM)Phil D Wrote:

Even in the uk, it is cheaper to buy direct from red dragon (from their own web site) than, to buy, via ebay. That probably goes for other darts suppliers as well.
Funny you mention that.
I noticed a while ago, that Red Dragon eBay pricing appears "linked" to reflect "local" eBay pricing.
When purchasing from Red Dragon directly, we here in Australia are unable to purchase Winmau lines, but the RD branded products are marginally cheaper.
Seriously, I can't see RD products as superior in the market, so the who price positioning thing is a bit off tilt for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
League Darts: 
Monster Hades II 20.6g, Cosmo Fit 3 19mm shafts, Cosmo Air Flights
BOARD: Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core

2019 Formal 180s - 12
2019 Best Leg played - 15 darts
2019 Practice 180s - don't want talk about them

Best Ever Finish - 170, 160, 144, 142, 120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horizon darts, good shop and good darts karmacappa 0 595 03-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Last Post: karmacappa