Poll: Do we need a better Chat Box
Yes we do
No what we have is fine
I never use
I might if it was better
[Show Results]

Need members input - Please - Poll
I know that the shout box is not very good. Would you use it more if it was easier to post pics and smilies? I know some of you never ever use it, I know that. However it can be fun and informative tool.
Thanks Larry
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
Only used it once - for a quick question about Deta Hedman's crazy darts, got an answer pretty quickly - nice membership here (I'd never heard of reflex points...)

But it is on the main page - And I tend to automatically click on the "View Todays Posts" - so I miss out on the fun.

Maybe if it were knurled with some nice aluminium shafts I would use it more... maybe.

By improved - I just mean viewable outside of the main page - not 1990's Emoticons smilly faces or pictures of mush.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(11-03-2017, 03:37 PM)Ryk Wrote: Only used it once  - for a quick question about Deta Hedman's crazy darts, got an answer pretty quickly - nice membership here (I'd never heard of reflex points...)

But it is on the main page - And I tend to automatically click on the "View Todays Posts" - so I miss out on the fun.

Maybe if it were knurled with some nice aluminium shafts I would use it more... maybe.

ya didn't vote lol
Much like ryk said
I don't use it because I just don't see it when I click latest or unread posts
County Durham's worst darter - Hitting single 1 for 22 years now
[Image: 2w5651x.jpg]

We might wish to be careful with pictures and other data.  The way the shout box is presented now, large images and/or graphics might make it quite unwieldy.  Have we any links to alternatives we could check?

Not sure how this would impact forum resources either.  Given limited members are actually using it, some rudimentary "resource cost" versus "feature benefit" might be a good idea.

cheers...
(11-03-2017, 04:21 PM)nixer55 Wrote: We might wish to be careful with pictures and other data.  The way the shout box is presented now, large images and/or graphics might make it quite unwieldy.  Have we any links to alternatives we could check?

Not sure how this would impact forum resources either.  Given limited members are actually using it, some rudimentary "resource cost" versus "feature benefit" might be a good idea.

cheers...

Good post mate we are looking at alternatives so this is very preliminary and all impacts will be taken into account.
I used it for the first time yesterday and it helped me avoid a potential rolling pin pummelling. I like it but think it's okay as it is.
To be honest I haven't really thought about asking questions there, it just seemed to be a place for 'regulars' to have a chat (and I don't think of myself as a regular yet, it's only been a year).
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
I post in the Shoutbox almost daily and it does seem like the traffic there is mainly between a very limited amount of members. Personally, I have no issues with how it functions now, but it the admins think it needs to be changed or updated in some way, by all means, give it a go.

I don't post any pics to any site I go to since I'm pretty much a dinosaur with these machines and the only concern I'd have with the ability to post pics in the shoutbox is if folks try to cross the line of what is considered appropriate pic posting and it is there for anyone to see simply by logging on. I don't see this as an issue with the folks that already post there, but if it were available, who knows what may pop up in the shoutbox before being taken down by the folks in charge.
(11-03-2017, 04:42 PM)Chappers Wrote: I used it for the first time yesterday and it helped me avoid a potential rolling pin pummelling. I like it but think it's okay as it is.
To be honest I haven't really thought about asking questions there, it just seemed to be a place for 'regulars' to have a chat (and I don't think of myself as a regular yet, it's only been a year).

Hey, you passed the rolling pin challenge, so that makes you a bonafide, certified, regular-------so feel free to post away.

Edited to add this: We do need more regulars in the shoutbox as we do seem to have an abundant share of irregulars in there from time to time.
Think about this...if it were improved, it would be more useful and more members would use it.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartsnutz wants your Nutz Input Cat 99 9,311 12-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  A poll about this forum uncle poop 89 28,830 12-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  MVG poll Mac-attack99 10 692 11-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: eddiegrant
  Is there a "What weight darts do you throw" poll? Greener 17 3,333 07-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Last Post: puddin
  Do I need more Darts ? "Poll" The G 20 895 07-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Important poll Mac-attack99 11 897 05-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Poll: which is harder, the Triple Bull or the 180? Cat 38 3,920 12-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Stephane Desart
  Darts Tops Sports Integrity Poll mc1958 11 1,656 08-21-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Poll: Do You want a scrolling banner at the top of the Nutz page? Cat 24 1,526 07-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: JDorks
  Poll: Who bought a B5 from Argos in place of a B4 for 20 pounds...and how many? Cat 14 2,267 02-01-2017, 02:53 AM
Last Post: GMR91