Another Beginner, Another Blog. Keeping track of progress.
150's are rare. Five years from now on you might have hit hundreds 180's and less than five these 150's...
Been awhile since I updated anything around here. I still try to throw everyday but haven’t gotten into any longish practice sessions in awhile. I have played at some friends houses lately and results there have been good. On average I win more than I lose but 2 of my friends and I, all 3 of us a near the same skill. We are all inconsistent. Sometimes we can score big and not checkout while another scores consistently and hits his double quicker. Which results in a lot of close even games. It’s been a lot of fun playing with this close of competition. Their ‘bests’ are quite a bit better than mine still I think. Which is okay, I still have lots to learn. 

So today I get into my first real practice session in a couple weeks, which I needed. I found myself looking at darts online or reading about darts more than throwing. Which is no good. Did some warmup, felt good. Nothing record breaking but slightly above my average. Then got right into a few 501 matches. And I must say I surprised myself it’s my 1st 9 darts a couple times. Then in my 2nd match I throw. My. Very. First. 180!!!  So obviously I yell ‘oonnnnneeeeee hhuuuuuuuuunnnndreeeeeed and eeeeeeeeeeeeeightttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy’. And my wife got mad because it’s late. Oh well I was pumped. I did not think I’d hit one beforehand the end of the year so I’m very very happy. 

In other news. A new Blade5 is in my near future. Probably this week. And a new set of darts. I want a bomb style. I’m thinking around 22g-24g.  I’ve looked at a lot of different ones and think one with a bit of grip near the rear would be nice. Any recommendations are appreciated though, just always nice to get a 2nd (or 3rd,4th etc) opinion. Then there’s the scalloped I think it’s called, like Winmau Sniper, looks really appealing. I think half my problem is consistent gripping and release and I wonder if a scalloped dart will help. Anyways any dart input would also be appreciated. 

Well, that’s all for tonight, a pic of my 1st 180 is below. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-09-2017, 04:59 AM)Codes Wrote: Been awhile since I updated anything around here. I still try to throw everyday but haven’t gotten into any longish practice sessions in awhile. I have played at some friends houses lately and results there have been good. On average I win more than I lose but 2 of my friends and I, all 3 of us a near the same skill. We are all inconsistent. Sometimes we can score big and not checkout while another scores consistently and hits his double quicker. Which results in a lot of close even games. It’s been a lot of fun playing with this close of competition. Their ‘bests’ are quite a bit better than mine still I think. Which is okay, I still have lots to learn. 

So today I get into my first real practice session in a couple weeks, which I needed. I found myself looking at darts online or reading about darts more than throwing. Which is no good. Did some warmup, felt good. Nothing record breaking but slightly above my average. Then got right into a few 501 matches. And I must say I surprised myself it’s my 1st 9 darts a couple times. Then in my 2nd match I throw. My. Very. First. 180!!!  So obviously I yell ‘oonnnnneeeeee hhuuuuuuuuunnnndreeeeeed and eeeeeeeeeeeeeightttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy’. And my wife got mad because it’s late. Oh well I was pumped. I did not think I’d hit one beforehand the end of the year so I’m very very happy. 

In other news. A new Blade5 is in my near future. Probably this week. And a new set of darts. I want a bomb style. I’m thinking around 22g-24g.  I’ve looked at a lot of different ones and think one with a bit of grip near the rear would be nice. Any recommendations are appreciated though, just always nice to get a 2nd (or 3rd,4th etc) opinion. Then there’s the scalloped I think it’s called, like Winmau Sniper, looks really appealing. I think half my problem is consistent gripping and release and I wonder if a scalloped dart will help. Anyways any dart input would also be appreciated. 

Well, that’s all for tonight, a pic of my 1st 180 is below. Smile

Ayup Code

Firstly a late welcome aboard.
Congratulations on the 180, but the Tres Bulls is more impressive!
If your looking at a bullet shaped dart, I'd suggest you look no further than the John Lowe WC in 23g.
An absolute classic in every way.
Anyway good luck in your darting quest.

Shed
Thanks Shed, I’ll take another look at that Lowe later. I’m really attached to Monsters Rockets 20g. I’m just really worried about the weight. It might be too light. I should really just stick to my darts but I really have an itch to try a new style and slightly lighter than my 24g.

Winmau Assault are on sale I considered those. I kinda like the look of the Winmau Subzero as well.

Then there’s the option of a different style all together. Ohhh the dilemma. So many darts so little money. Wish there was a better dart shop near by. Confused

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My guide to keeping flights on stems. Regulatori 131 68,955 11-08-2019, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Phil D
Wink Beginner question - Flights CalixNL 16 1,069 01-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Beginner question - Flooring CalixNL 10 674 01-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Beginner Dart Accessories Clocked92 11 675 01-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Can a beginner try this!!! PresidentWu 4 756 03-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Another26
  Blog. 36 Year Old. Zero Talent. Can I Improve? (VERY TL;DR) Hellion 72 9,611 03-03-2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Hellion
  Beginner MPR for Cricket lewlewlew1984 5 1,632 02-15-2018, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Remmy
  Stats as a beginner??? PresidentWu 3 716 02-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  beginner or not ? nightcrawler 2 774 05-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Tez Tickle
  Dart for advanced beginner Dartimus Maximus 38 8,902 03-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Post: endorfin