Meet the Nutz Team
Hi, ever wanted to know who's lurking on the forum just waiting to be helpful to a real bunch of Nutz?
Well here they are, starting with the admins--

Getagrip - Administrator
Hi folks, well many people know me as a carrot loving crazy darts collector with more darts than anyone should sensibly have, was over 600 on my last count[Image: undecided.gif]

But I was not always into collecting darts. I come from North East England but for most of my younger days I was mad on Cricket which was really the only sport I liked.

There always seemed to be a dartboard in the house and I played now and then but just casually and never taking it seriously. My eldest brother played for a club but I dont remember ever seeing him throw a dart to be honest. He died when I was 19 at a young age of 33 and my last memory of him was him watching the Embassy finals in January 1989, I would have liked to have played a game with him though.

As well as Cricket my other big passion developed when I was about 13 - Martial Arts. I studied a few varieties: Judo, Shuko Kai, Wado Ryu, Kickboxing but then found my favourite Muay Thai. If I never had such a dodgy back I would probably be still doing that as I loved it!

But back trouble and knee trouble meant I had to give it up. Next thing was Mountain Biking. I did that on and off over a 15 year period.

When I watched the 2007 final between Barney and Taylor I was bitten by the darts bug. I soon got a board and some darts and my wonderful darts journey started.

I have to say the first year or so I never played seriously, again I was just casually playing at home and I really believed that I would never in the rest of my life hit a 180.

Towards the end of 2008 my nephew hit a 180, so I thought if he can hit one then I want to too. I started to play 2 hours a day, then within a couple of weeks I finally hit my first 180!

I continued for a while playing 2 hours a day and was getting better and better hitting a few more 180's and even got my first triple Bullseye.

Then I started to get a pain in my wrist so had to stop for a few weeks.

When I started playing again in about May 2009 I was a bit rusty but was soon playing well again. Then about the second week of June I had a pretty nasty fall off my Mountain Bike and broke the bone on the back of my right shoulder, my throwing arm.

18 months later I was still in a lot of pain and could barely reach the board when throwing. I spent most of 2011 struggling just to hit the board really. Because I have hypermobile joints the injury constantly bothers me and I have not been able to get back to the previous form I had.

During that long 18 months I just got addicted to buying and collecting darts especially vintage darts, which is where my passion for collecting is today.

I wont ever be able to play as good as I would like to now, but I still love to throw a few darts and talk darts with others and running a forum has also been a great joy and very addictive too.

Sorry for such a long ramble but thats me!

Getagrip (I really need to!)[Image: wink.gif] 

Saber - Administrator

I live in Florida and work as a Registered Nurse. I have been playing Darts off and on for about 20 years. I play for fun and am on a Tuesday night league. Met Getagrip and Mac on another forum and became fast friends. I like white water rafting, chess ,American football, dancing with my wife Diana and of course Darts. I was in the Army for 7 years .

Larry

Rebel (Reb) - Administrator

Made my league debut as a young 16 year old back in 1990 but chose pool as my main sport for nearly 20 years before returning to the dart board a few years ago culminating in my best moment so far, reaching the regional doubles final with my brother.

My darting hero is Steve Beaton, never really enjoyed watching darts, just playing it, until the 1996 world final, sat with me dad and brother drinking Boddingtons Bitter whilst watching The Adonis win the world championship - one of me best memories and got me into actually watching the darts again.

I left school and was a Postman for 8 years before landing me dream job as an RSPCA Officer - 2 children later and I found myself having to leave for financial reasons and am now a Rail Technician for Network Rail, hate the job, the hours stink but it pays the bills. Been there since 2005.

I am a huge Newcastle United supporter and I currently play league darts on Wednesdays for The Sumpter Horse.

-Greg
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
And here you Nutz, are your current SuperMods:

Hamo-Senior SuperModerator
I started playing quite late compared to most it seems and didnt lift a dart until I was in my 20's...myself and a friend were bored one afternoon and just randomly decided to go get a board and have a go a that was us hooked...we started playing as much as we could and it was by chance that we started playing in a team...we where just sitting in the bar and local team where two players short and they approached us...we jumped at the chance and both won our singles games and doubles match that night. Since then the team has went from strength to strength both on and off the board...we have raised over 10,000 for local charities over the last 4/5 years and we have managed to snag a few trophies along the way so it a a big part of my life and proud to be a member (we are on facebook as Stute Darts Lurgan for anyone who wants to have a nosey)...currently also throwing in the local county setup and just trying to enjoy the game as much as possible.

My first set was a set of Argos brand Phil Taylor's and I stuck with those before going onto phase 2 Taylors, Chisnalls,Hankeys and now phase 1 Anderson's which I have been using for over a year and think they may be 'the one'.

I am a bit of a collector and I blame that on this place Lol

I was lucky enough to stumble upon the nutz early on in its life...back then it was the old site and straight away I knew it was the place for me...I was lucky enough to be asked to be a moderator and jumped at the chance.

Apart from darts im into football but only supporting now with the back issues...also big into fishing and that's mainly down to my dad who had a fishing rod in my hand before I could stand, now-a-days it's nice just to get away from the day to day grind and spend a bit of time with the old man

Titan-SuperModerator
What's up Nutz? A lot of you already know me, but for all the newnutz, my name is James. I've been apart of the forum since September of 2014.  I started out playing darts back in February 2011 when I got out of basic training and AIT for the U.S. Army. I started out just playing soft tip with my parents and my brother. Then I got addicted to it lol. And then addicted to steel tip. My first set of darts was the Viper Tungsten Bees 16g soft tip, and Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 2 24g steel tip, both I still have today. I then moved up to Phase 5 26g Black and used those for awhile. I deployed to Afghanistan in April of 2013 and when I got home in the end of January 2014 I got addicted to darts again and bought a couple new sets. 9 months later I found this amazing forum and joined it. Ever since then It's made me want to improve my skills and now I'm constantly on the forum. My dart collection has grown 5x what it was, and my wife is mad that I spend so much time playing darts lol. Ive met some great people on this forum, a few I've met in person. Those great people inspired me to join a steel tip league in October of 2014, and since then, I'm now a Captain of a team and have been on my league's State team for the past 2 years. One of my favorite achievements since joining this forum and the beginning of my dart journey is when I was chosen to be a moderator.

Cat-Senior SuperModerator
Hi, I'm Cat.
Long long ago, in another time, I had a friend give me some darts, and that started my darts journey. Back in the day, I used to travel a lot as I was self employed as a crafter/artist, and my board and darts went with me, as there were always a few folks who liked to shoot with me.  Then life changes took me away from darts, but I still kept a couple sets of the darts my friend gave me.

I came back to darts after the same old friend with whom I had reconnected suggested I might have fun getting back to it.  So, I dragged out my old darts from way back when, found a board, and proceeded to aerate the paneling in my den, which is now my Darts Cave.  I'm not not good at darts, but I love shooting darts.  I currently have about 23 (19 Plus 4 duplicates of existing sets and I have a feeling I'll be editing that number -upwards-now and again Big Grin ) sets of darts.  My main sets of darts that I shoot with are my Shot Warriors (1 set, soon to be 2) Chameleons (2 sets) my Aura A1s (2 sets) and my Rising Suns (2 sets), but I regularly practise with all of them.

When I got back in to darts, I went online to find a forum where I could learn about darts, as I figured there were enough holes in my paneling. :-). I lurked on a few forums, found them rather "dry bones", and then found the Nutz forum and never looked back.  The forum is lively, informative, and full of interesting, insightful people.  I was hooked from the get go. Why would I ever look elsewhere?

When I like something, and get involved in it, I like to give back. So, when I was asked to volunteer as a Mod here on the forum I saw the opportunity as a way of saying "thank you" for all the help that was freely given by the Nutz. The other thing I volunteer for is Judo, for the same reason. I am certified at the National level as a Technical Official.  Both for the same reason: as a thank you for what I have been blessed with due to my involvement in both sports.

Wazza-Senior Moderator (Only for the WDDA section, I wont touch anything else as I don't have a cape) [Image: sad.gif]
Hope I stay a mod as I believe you need to have a lot due to timezones but too many will kill the interest in the forum (which is better than the other one).  Won't say anymore about myself, 90% of you know what I have done and who I am.. the other 10% can be as curious as heck LOL

mc1958-Senior SuperModerator
I'm looking forward to helping this great forum in any way I can.

I first picked up a dart when I was around 6 or 7 as we always had an old elm board lying in soak in the back garden ready for when we wanted to play, but I didn't start playing serious until around 1976 when I signed up to play for one of my then company's teams (we had 6 teams back in those days).  After a couple of seasons I was regularly playing for 3 or 4 of the company's teams as well as London super league and a couple of local pubs. I transferred to our Norwich office in 1980 and the number of games got cut down to only a couple of nights a week. I transferred back to London late 1985, but by then I had all but given up the game.

Cut to 2009/10 when I was asked to play for one of my current company's teams as they were a player short, and I have been playing ever since.

As well as playing the game I also started collecting darts and memorabilia around 4-5 years ago and have built up a nice little collection, a lot of which is posted all over the forum.  Unfortunately the collection is slowing down due to lack of funds with other things currently taking priority.

Outside of darts I have supported West Ham United for just over 50 years now and used to go to as many of the games as I could back in the late 60's and 70's but mainly an armchair supporter these days.  As well as footie I also have a large collection of cd's and dvd's (and also a few old vinyl albums) which get an airing every now and again.[/font][/size][/color] Game steadily improving so I'm here to give back and help others the best I can. I'm always happy to answer any questions people might want to ask, so don't be shy and feel free to pm me Smile  

Crusher17-SuperModerator
Hey everyone
I live in a small town in Ontario Canada, Been playing darts for over 20 years, i play in 2 Men's Leagues & try to play as many tournaments as possible on weekends, like everyone else i'm a darts nut i like trying new darts & everything darts, i'm not sure how much stuff i have but alot more since i joined here, help when i can but far from any expert, i can be sarcastic & blunt but in the end a nice guy, so any question dont be afraid to ask

Cheers Crusher17

Spencerdl-SuperModerator
Hello Dartsnutz,
My name is Spencerdl (Spence). I threw my first Dart in 1982 while serving in the US Marine Corps and I have been hooked ever since. I've played off and on thru the years. My most productive years where I played almost everyday in some kind of league and/or tournaments was between 1990 and 2005. Life showed up and I decided to take a break, but still continued to watch Dart Tournaments on TV as well as leagues at the local. It's nice to be back on a regular basis and see that the game of Darts is stronger than ever. I enjoy and play both Steel and Soft Tip Darts. I'm glad to be part of the Darts Nutz Family (I'm definitely NUTZ about Darts) and the Moderator Team. If you have any questions don't hesitate to asked me and if I don't know the answer I will do my best to find the answer for you. Have FUN and throw DARTS. 

Slingblade-SuperModerator
I'm new to the mod scene and wanted to let you know I'm not much different than a lot of you. I threw darts in the bars in Cleveland, Ohio back in the early 70's. I took to darts because I never wanted to spend money on pool tables and rather on the drink. I didn't have much money so we played for drink then. I never played on a league and still haven't. I moved out of the city and gave up the darts devoting myself to raising dogs and kids but kept up the drink habit to stay sharp. My game suffered and so did my health but I always had my board stored just in case I got the urge. Well I did, and about 10 years ago found this place I've called home ever since, Dartsnutz. Really a bunch of nice people, all willing to help with good advice and reviews that have kept my addiction going in the right direction.

After being around here I think I'd say I'm like many of you, collecting darts and hoping to find the perfect dart and when I do find one that suits my grip and throw, I look for another one. I hoard darts and find it nearly impossible to part with any of them because they all represent a period in my life that means something to me.

I'm happy to help any of you that I can with any advise I can offer and if I can't then I can point you to someone that will.

SlingBlade (when you need just a little bit extra for the job)

Nixer55-SuperModerator
From the beautiful Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia Canada - mainly rural setting but plenty of dart tradition going back to WWII. Played casually almost 35 years ago, but really didn't have a clue. Was a pretty decent chalker though!  Started playing again around 2014/15 after a bunch of us decided to start a small league.  Then the research for dart related info was on!  And guess where I always ended up!  Right here of course!  So I joined this terrific bunch of folks and very glad I did.

Worked for over 30 years in the technology field, so hope to help out wherever I can.  If you need help, feel free to give me a holler!  If I don't have the answer, will do my best to find one!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]