Past Mods & Always Nutz
05-21-2014, 02:23 PM 

The D'Artist

Who is "The D'Artist" - Stephen Peszel?
Well you can call me Steve, my mother calls me "Stephen", but I always write my name in full, go figure!
I am a transplanted Brit, from Bolton, Lancashire; I have been in Canada since 1988.
I live in Richmond, British Columbia, close to the Vancouver Airport, which is not in Vancouver, but you can hear it from there.
Prior to being transported to Canada I was in the British Army for 20 years, REME, Army Aviation mostly, helicopters, served with the Royal Marines, Army Air Corps, those guys in Hereford, and served all over, Malta, Cyprus, Kenya, Canada, USA, mostly Germany.
I am a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer, a "professional" adult educator, and apparently a HSE practitioner. I have not turned a wrench in anger for many years but I tell people how to. Taught in a local Technical College for 12 years and set up and ran the Training Centre for a major helicopter operator. Currently serving time as a HSE Manager and Training Manager for an aircraft manufacturer in the Vancouver area.
I am a writer and a photographer.
I played darts for years in the Army, even had my own set!
Did not throw a dart for 27 years until I took up the art in January, 2014.
I play locally in the Canadian Legion and Army, Navy, AirForce Vets (ANAVETS) but need some better competition so looking for a team and a regular mixed-couples partner.
I never stop learning; love to contribute to learning; seem to have an opinion on everything!
I recently started my darts collection which has gotten a bit out of hand.
I look forward to being a productive member and mod of this Forum.
Per ardua ad darta.
D'Arte et Marte.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Cankles of Fury

About Me: The story of Cankles of Fury

This is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upsidedow.... it just dawned on me you UK people might not get this reference.

I enjoy humor, I have almost died several times and through it realized life is a gift. Life is too short to be taken overly seriously. Seriousness definitely has its place but if I can I will be Big Grin ing

One of my main goals in life is to be a life long learner. Never settling for not being my best. That is how I found this site. If I jump into something, I like to jump with both feet, no holds bar.

I haven't been throwing darts very long (serious since December) and this will be apparent in the upcoming DODL 2 season. I'm not discouraged as everybody sucks at some point, it's only the people who don't learn and grow who stay there.

I am married to the best woman on the planet, who constantly encourages me to be a better man. I have 2 sons who are currently 2 (as of today! cant wait to get home Smile) and 6 weeks. I love kids and have worked with them for the last 7 years of my life. Rather it be a summer camp counselor, working at a children's home emergency shelter, or my current job, High School Chemistry Teacher.

So yep, that's me and a nutshell. I truly believe we have one of the best communities on the web and enjoy spending my down time here Smile

-Nathan
Past Mods- PM a present Mod with your bios- we want you all represented- for the excellent service.
Oldjoblo-Senior SuperModerator
Hello,,,,My birth name is James Wesley Passmore,,,,AKA ,,,0ldjoblo,,,,I go by Wes,,,as that is what most peeps here in my home town of Harrison Arkansas call me,,,,,lived here on and off (mostly on) for 53 years,,,,with the birth of my grand daughter 5 months ago ,, that makes 6 generations that (I know of) that has called the Ozark Mountains home,,,,I grew up in the country riding my Shetland pony,,,,snake hunting and fishing along the creek,,,,,playing little league sports,,,,,I have 1 brother and 1 sister,,,,my sister is 17 years younger than me ,,,,My brother is a Marine Corp vet,,,,,,,,,we are exact opposites,,,I'm Right handed ,,, he is lefty,,,,and so on,,,,
JayKay - Senior SuperModerator
I also played darts as a kid a little. My mum was a good player and was once the dundee womans singles and doubles champ but I never took it serious. I played every once in a while but that's all. Football (soccer) got me at a young age so thats where my time went.
I too am real good with my hand eye and play many sports well. Darts is my obsession now though. I also started playing in 2012 properly as my local had a darts tournament coming up so I went and played for a few weeks before the tournament and grew as a player rapidly. I managed to get to the semi finals of the tournament and I was hooked!
I then competed in the singles league last year which we not long finished and I came second.
I also have many different shapes and weights of darts and to me they fly just as well. It feels impossible for me to find my right set as after a couple of throws I throw them just as well as any other. Its actually frustrating as I want a type.
I play both soft tip and steel. I play locally soft tip singles and I'm about to join a fairly local steel tip team. I prefer steel tip, as that's what I play at home and its what I know.
Well that's a little bit about me.
John
Walker - SuperModerator
First things first...Massive Chelsea fan, dunno if anyone had noticed? Tongue
Originally from West London but moved down to the south coast a few years back to enjoy the lovely sea views (as lovely as you can get in the UK anyways)
I first picked up a dart when I was maybe 12ish after finding my grandads old school thick round wired, stapled dartboard and some cheap tungsten darts laying about, I set it all up and fell in love instantly, spent hours playing round the board an 501 with the old fella. Quickly got a board set up at home but unfortunately didn't get to play as much as I would have liked to what with school, football and all the other things kids get up to (chasing girls etc. Tongue)
Moved out of home at 16 and didn't pick up a dart again until just after my 24th birthday, which is a shame because I've really been missing out. But now I'm back in the game, and after stumbling across this place (from Grips reviews, obviously) I'm a full on darts nut!
Since joining the forum everyone's been so helpful and helped my
Kosumo - SuperModerator

Hiya! Big Grin

I'm Joshua and I'm from up the North of England (Newcastle-upon-Tyne to be precise). I'm a university student so the right age to be getting into the game! I'd had a few years when I was 13 or 14 when I played but had to give up as it wasn't logistically possible for me to continue but I'm back now and enjoying it more than ever!

Recently I've joined a darts society at my university which gets me playing on a semi-regular basis against others. When I'm not there I practice online with Pro-Darter and less frequently on the Webcam Darts Association. I'm probably best known for the fact I throw lighter darts than the norm with tiny flights and manage to do half decent with them. That and a few darts reviews I've done on this site. Big Grin

I joined here in April 2015, 4 months after I picked the game up again, and I've enjoyed my time here, so I hope I can give back to this wonderful community as a Super Mod!

If you've got any questions drop me a PM and I'll do my best to answer it or, if I can't, send you in the direction of someone who can. Wink

Happy darting everyone! arrows
P
Rodney-Senior SuperModerator
Hi Nutz. Sorry this is a bit delayed. My name is Dave and I am married with 6, yes 6 children lol. I have been married 25 years. I am a teaching assistant in a primary school and I have done this job for the past 12 years. I joined this great forum in June 2013 after seeing one of Getagrips great reviews. This forum has helped me in so many ways and I am forever grateful to its staff and members. The members here helped me choose my forum user name (which I love). I have had many, many sets of darts and you will probably have seen many of them in BSS lol and I am sure you will see many more in there. I have made many friends here and see this as my home from home, my Mrs would says it is my home lol . I have been fortunate to have been chosen to be a mod at this great place and hope to be here for many many years to come. Feel free to pm me anytime for anything and thank you for reading my little intro. To find out a little bit more take a look at my Q&A session and sign up Big Grin