Ladbrokes World Series Finals discussion
The green machine wins the title yet again - scores from last night were

Semi Finals
Gary Anderson 11-5 James Wade
Michael van Gerwen 11-8 Daryl Gurney

Final
Michael van Gerwen 11-6 Gary Anderson
MvG looked up for it all tourney...when hes like that hes basically unstoppable...hitting top gear in time for the worlds looks ominous for the rest of the field
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
(11-06-2017, 09:04 AM)hamo Wrote: MvG looked up for it all tourney...when hes like that hes basically unstoppable...hitting top gear in time for the worlds looks ominous for the rest of the field

Only Phil Taylor will have a say in that, methinks.
[Image: 3lxgjl.jpg]
(11-05-2017, 06:29 PM)Hellion Wrote: What bothered me watching this match is the fact that Price is a decade older than Cadby and should know better. Very immature for a 32 year old. If it was two young 20 somethings you could almost let them off, no excuse for a man in his 30s. It's often the case with roided up people above the age of 30, they're often a bit man-child. I know he was a rugby player so maybe he's not one of those types, but he just seems like a very immature, angry man who hasn't grown up. 

Disclaimer: I'm sure he's not juiced (at least not anymore) but you know what I mean.  Big Grin

I think Price does that on purpose. A few months ago he started to celebrate a lot more and
 excessive than he did before. I can't remember that he celebrated 180s or 140s one year ago.

If you ask me, it's calculation. He wants to raise attention and make a "entertaining" player out of himself to increase his chances to get into the Premier League.
[Image: 1f3af.png] I provide you with darts related stuff
[Image: 1f4ca.png] Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
I thought Price's no-look handshake at the end while celebrating his victory lacked class. If your opponent sticks his hand out to say "well-done mate" you shouldn't carry on like that.

I hope Cadby becomes more professional as he seems to have a ton of talent.
(11-05-2017, 11:53 AM)TheRedBit Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 04:03 AM)Saloon Dan Wrote: Dunno why people get so upset over celebrating long live the king.

I think it's not the celebration that annoys people...

Speaking just for myself, the celebrations alone are bad enough. 

I can handle the fact that with that hairstyle and overly tight shirt Cadby looks like a bouncer at a lesbian mixer. I can handle him celebrating after winning a match or even a leg, but I can't handle the frequency of his mid-leg celebrations (the guy celebrates just about every intentional triple) or his walking towards the crowd (instead of his toward darts) to celebrate while the leg is still on. It's annoying, it's disrespectful to his opponent and someone he looks up to - if there is any such person - needs to tell him to stop.

At least now I know why Phil Taylor wants Cadby in the Premier League. With Cadby being as obnoxious as he is, what better way to flip one's middle finger to his opposition on the way out? The Cadby I saw at the Worlds was a guy I wanted to see progress and succeed. The Cadby I'm seeing now is a guy I want to lose and go away.

(11-06-2017, 01:15 PM)Rabbits Wrote: I thought Price's no-look handshake at the end while celebrating his victory lacked class. If your opponent sticks his hand out to say "well-done mate" you shouldn't carry on like that.

Cadby could have waited until Price had finished celebrating.

He offered to have the game be played like that and Price took him up on the offer. Cadby should have taken his medicine at the end. I don't know how this is going to work for Cadby though - if it is an act - as I can see having the crowd on your back week in week out might get wearing.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(11-06-2017, 02:35 PM)Banz Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 01:15 PM)Rabbits Wrote: I thought Price's no-look handshake at the end while celebrating his victory lacked class. If your opponent sticks his hand out to say "well-done mate" you shouldn't carry on like that.

He offered to have the game be played like that and Price took him up on the offer.  Cadby should have taken his medicine at the end.  I don't know how this is going to work for Cadby though - if it is an act - as I can see having the crowd on your back week in week out might get wearing.

Price was celebrating like he had won Wimbledon and was still celebrating after Cadby walked off. There's gamesmanship and then there's sportsmanship. Price won the match but imo was the clear loser here for bad sportsmanship.   
(11-06-2017, 02:22 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: Speaking just for myself, the celebrations alone are bad enough. 

I can handle the fact that with that hairstyle and overly tight shirt Cadby looks like a bouncer at a lesbian mixer. I can handle him celebrating after winning a match or even a leg, but I can't handle the frequency of his mid-leg celebrations (the guy celebrates just about every intentional triple) or his walking towards the crowd (instead of his toward darts) to celebrate while the leg is still on. It's annoying, it's disrespectful to his opponent and someone he looks up to - if there is any such person - needs to tell him to stop.

At least now I know why Phil Taylor wants Cadby in the Premier League. With Cadby being as obnoxious as he is, what better way to flip one's middle finger to his opposition on the way out? The Cadby I saw at the Worlds was a guy I wanted to see progress and succeed. The Cadby I'm seeing now is a guy I want to lose and go away.

This is what happens with some young people have success and get full of themselves.   Some, mind you, but not all, and that's a good thing that most of them act dignified.     

Oh, and I love the "bouncer at a lesbian mixer" statement.   Even though I didn't see the match folks are commenting on, I've seen him play and how he dresses when on stage and your statement is pretty accurate and funny.

I agree, celebrate leg wins, match victories, but why go through all the theatrics every score above 120 regardless of where you are in the leg.

Bottom line here is "grow up" young man and act like you've been there before.
(11-06-2017, 03:13 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 02:22 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: Speaking just for myself, the celebrations alone are bad enough. 

This is what happens with some young people have success and get full of themselves.   Some, mind you, but not all, and that's a good thing that most of them act dignified.     

Oh, and I love the "bouncer at a lesbian mixer" statement.   Even though I didn't see the match folks are commenting on, I've seen him play and how he dresses when on stage and your statement is pretty accurate and funny.

I agree, celebrate leg wins, match victories, but why go through all the theatrics every score above 120 regardless of where you are in the leg.

Bottom line here is "grow up" young man and act like you've been there before.

The entire match is available on YouTube, or you could save yourself over a half hour and watch this abbreviated version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAHtWyDbIB8 .

(11-06-2017, 03:22 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: The entire match is available on YouTube, or you could save yourself over a half hour and watch this abbreviated version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAHtWyDbIB8 .

thanks, I'll give it a look in a bit after I run some errands.
Cadby seemed more engaged with the crowd than his performance. Also, regarding both players, its entirely unnecessary to look back at your opponent after every series. Had to expect something along these lines given the circumstances, but Cadby should be learning more and Price should be trying to teach a bit given his experience.
Target Vapor8 02 32g
(11-05-2017, 01:02 AM)Frankie Babylon Wrote: What are Cadby's current darts? Looks like the Harrows Torpedoes, maybe?

Pulled a picture of Cadby's darts from a youtube vid. Has the look of Harrows Torpedoes 21g model, possibly weighted up to 24g based on what I've read from other sources. Also a gold coating of sorts? Best I can muster so far.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Target Vapor8 02 32g
(11-06-2017, 03:08 PM)Rabbits Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 02:35 PM)Banz Wrote:

He offered to have the game be played like that and Price took him up on the offer.  Cadby should have taken his medicine at the end.  I don't know how this is going to work for Cadby though - if it is an act - as I can see having the crowd on your back week in week out might get wearing.

Price was celebrating like he had won Wimbledon and was still celebrating after Cadby walked off. There's gamesmanship and then there's sportsmanship. Price won the match but imo was the clear loser here for bad sportsmanship. 

I wanted Cadby to win, and I'm no fan of Price, but to have to disagree here. I don't think either of them came out of it looking good and there wasn't much to separate their behaviour in terms of sportsmanship or gamesmanship. When Price won he won the right to celebrate. His celebration like just about everything in the match was over the top but I think Cadby should have given him a few moments longer to shake his hand.

Contrast this game with when Cadby played, and lost to, Joe Cullen last year in the Worlds. Cadby certainly celebrated big shots (a 180 to leave 81, winning a set) but he did it the right way: on the way to get his darts. (The turning back to the crowd thing I think needs to be stamped out.) Cullen had a few raised eyebrows while they were playing but at the end of the game they shook hands properly, and even had a little hug. No lines had been crossed and everyone was happy.

People will always find something to complain about...too much celebrating.....not enough characters....etc....etc...but I haven't seen anyone say that they thought the Cadby Price game was acceptable.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 Ladbrokes UK Open mc1958 145 3,104 03-09-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: derryfilm
  2020 World Series of Darts mc1958 33 1,569 02-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: SamCarter501
  2020 Ladbrokes Masters mc1958 70 2,630 02-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Monkey D'arts Luffy
  2020 PDC World Darts Championship discussion sjmattitude1982 578 21,249 01-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  2019 Ladbrokes Players Championship Finals mc1958 66 2,188 11-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Grahamwffc
  2019 World Series Finals mc1958 44 1,623 11-04-2019, 01:19 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  2019 World Series schedule mc1958 30 1,636 07-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  2018 Players Championship Finals mc1958 76 4,867 11-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Greystone
  2018 World Series of Darts Finals mc1958 62 3,586 11-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: JamieJ
  World Series of Darts 2018 dates and players announced mc1958 46 4,037 08-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: joeriw96