Pentathlon TDP T4 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN2CHlpJSR4

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Thanks to Pentathlon for sending these darts for review! Smile These are from the new range of TDP darts which was started last year with three models. They were great darts and this year there is three more models. These are the T4 and they are 24g, there is also a 20g and 22g. They are 90% tungsten and retail for £29.99.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line cardboard box and inside is a slide out plastic tray which has a nice velvety covering. There is a nifty looking point protector and the darts are fitted with some short blue and black two tone polycarbonate stems and some very nice looking standard shape flights:

[Image: DPtqZpv.jpg]

[Image: Y7NLhnv.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: 2FsUbUG.jpg]

[Image: SijR9QB.jpg]

[Image: 63qvuZZ.jpg]

[Image: pDwh2ej.jpg]

[Image: NZwNMym.jpg]

[Image: qHEkTrH.jpg]

[Image: NqkuWsk.jpg]

[Image: 1kaSnCf.jpg]

[Image: 9DcRddV.jpg]

[Image: a8AIaBK.jpg]

[Image: CjQqvON.jpg]

[Image: lsNnfqn.jpg]

[Image: 2BYnrVG.jpg]

[Image: mvZR93M.jpg]

[Image: 2ZSKcPq.jpg]

[Image: Qam1p1Z.jpg]

Its a straight barrel dart with a tapered nose. Its a long barrel and on the nose if has some tear drop shaped cuts and then some rings and grooves. above that is a section with some deeply cut spiral grooves then a smooth section save for the circular indents with the Pentathlon name. On the rear half is a thin cut double ring grip then a smooth section on the end. Grip level varies a little from around medium to almost high level.
DIMENSIONS:

[Image: a6HJXXX.jpg]

WEIGHT:

All perfectly matched! :

[Image: tsv95aq.jpg]

[Image: q6R6KLE.jpg]

[Image: nDzX9Uw.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: hr0if8z.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little front of centre:

[Image: 4u4Jgg0.jpg]

With supplied setup it moved slightly behind centre:

[Image: K7TGOVX.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: U1nbpln.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Around about where the rings and grooves are and a little on the spiral grip:

[Image: cJuO86c.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

This is a neat looking dart, kind of a classic style but with a little twist, literally with the spiral grip Smile

Its a long barrel so for me I was glad they came with short stems and as you can see in the slo-mo part of the video they were I think better flighted with the short stems than the medium ones I tried. I would say they were quite a smooth flying dart with just a little spin for me. Still a little on the long side but flew better for me than I was expecting. The spiral grip is fairly deeply cut and I did feel that at times when throwing so could be it was causing some spin?

From the middle the darts were super smooth though and as to be expected balance felt best but I was mostly on the smooth section there so if you need some grip then may be not so great for you.

I dont think they flew too bad for me from the rear though and balance fine but its defintely the best part for grip.

So I would probably say that rear grippers will get the best from these and especially if you like a long dart. If you dont need much grip and your a middle gripper then possibly worth a try. If your a front gripper the same almost applies but at least there is some grip from the rings and grooves but I think if you like long darts its one that flys smoothly.

Its neatly machined and had a very nice silvery polish to the darts. Overall the quality is very nice and although a little more than the TDP darts of last year I think the price is still very reasonable in light of the increase in tungsten.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (ok)

Best Feature: Grip Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Very nice review. The machining is very monster-esq. Not for me given the length and lack of grip at the front, but a very nice dart nonetheless
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Nice looking darts, and another great review! The twisting/spiral type grip kind of is a put off from the throwing aspect for me, but they do set the visuals nicely!
Current Darts: 23g RVB95 with short Fit Flight spinning stems, standard flights and Onyx points.

Current Board: B5DC on the wall!!!

Best Finishes : 14 Darts ;  132
(10-09-2017, 12:15 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Very nice review. The machining is very monster-esq. Not for me given the length and lack of grip at the front, but a very nice dart nonetheless

Thanks Barry! Quite a lot have mentioned the Monster style Smile

(10-09-2017, 01:08 PM)Askew180 Wrote: Nice looking darts, and another great review! The twisting/spiral type grip kind of is a put off from the throwing aspect for me, but they do set the visuals nicely!

Cheers mate! I think if your a rear gripper you will be fine, its certainly not too bad from the front though Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I quite like the look of these. Might consider a set in 22g. Thanks for another great review.
[Image: R8O4PSc.jpg]
22g Peter Wright Mamba
(10-09-2017, 02:23 PM)Tlowe Wrote: I quite like the look of these. Might consider a set in 22g. Thanks for another great review.

Thanks mate! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the great review again darren.
Really good looking darts from pentathlon and the grip looks so good
(10-10-2017, 11:52 PM)copigme Wrote: Thanks for the great review again darren.
Really good looking darts from pentathlon and the grip looks so good

Cheers john! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Big Grin 
Well you have managed to do it again Darren, I was going about my daily business not thinking about new darts (honest) ,
Come home from work last night ,put the kettle on, read youre review on them, thought they look decent and a fair price , went on a certain website saw they were listed under the whats new section, and quicker than a rat up a drain pipe, I found them in my cart and checking out( with some flights stems and a new wallet)

So i guess i could say another fine review mate.
Even if it did cost me £20 odd quid to read it, Lol
(10-18-2017, 10:24 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote: Well you have managed to do it again Darren, I was going about my daily business not thinking about new darts (honest) ,
Come home from work last night ,put the kettle on, read youre review on them, thought they look decent and a fair price , went on a certain website saw they were listed under the whats new section, and quicker than a rat up a drain pipe, I found them in my cart and checking out( with some flights stems and a new wallet)

So i guess i could say another fine review mate.
Even if it did cost me £20 odd quid to read it, Lol

LOL Sorry! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pentathlon TDP T1 23g darts review Getagrip 24 11,973 03-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  American Pentathlon 001 (DartsClearance) Review atison 19 2,276 02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Last Post: codo180
  Pentathlon Royal 23g darts review Getagrip 21 20,771 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Reviewed Pentathlon Darts index mc1958 2 1,147 02-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Pentathlon TDP T2 23g darts review Getagrip 18 9,639 02-07-2018, 05:49 PM
  Anyone throw these Pentathlon's (Darts Clearance) atison 10 1,561 02-07-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: atison
  Pentathlon TDP T6 24g darts review Getagrip 9 4,266 10-26-2017, 11:59 AM
  Pentathlon TDP T5 22g darts review Getagrip 12 4,681 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM
  Pentathlon TDP T3 23g darts review Getagrip 15 9,085 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM