A little intro from Australia
Hey Guys,

Just thought i would do a quick intro Smile

I live in Victoria, Australia. the reason i got into darts was i moved into a small country town and there was a small group playing darts at the pub so I joined them and loved it.

I use steel tip RVB95 25g but started on james wade unicorn 21g.

I have no fave pro as they are all freaks  to me Smile

I have not been playing long at all around 3 months, Im practicing pretty regularly at home 1-2 hrs a day 5 days a week and noticing minor improvements. This is one of the main reasons Im here to find better ways to improve as there is no leagues close to me to get tips from. 

Hopefully talk to all soon.

cheers 
Hello, Michael and welcome to the NUTZ!!  If you love throwing small sharp objects and a round hunk of plant fiber, you're in the right place!  There's a gold mine of great advice and information here and loads of friendly people!  Welcome aboard!  Settle in and enjoy!!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Hi mike and welcome along !!!!!!
Sure you also enjoying a cold one or two as you practice,,
Keep going and the improvements will continue to come!!!!!!
Welcome again!!!!!
welcome to the forum
G'day Mick, welcome. Which town did ya move to buddy?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
Hello Michael and welcome to the Nutzhouse, plenty of ways to improve and lots of friendly people to help
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Hi Michael Smile. Welcome to the forum!
G'day Mick, and welcome.  Hope you've got a few Kangaroos loose in the top paddock, or you'll go walk-about pretty quick!  

Keep up the practice.  Don't overthink it (shouldn't be too hard for an Aussie Big Grin)  keep chugging on the neck oil, and she'll be right.

Good onya, mate!

:thumbup:
Welcome!
G'Day Michael and welcome to the forum
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-Target vision edge
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
(09-17-2017, 09:21 AM)Tezza Wrote: G'day Mick, welcome. Which town did ya move to buddy?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Cheers Tezza, I'm up near Milawa north east vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome - yep - may be Aussie, but you're totally Nutz!!! As for improving your game, try George's Flight School (there's a section here on it). A lotta Nutz do Flight School (myself included). Settle in and get comfy with the folks on the forum - these Nutz flat out know their stuff. It's a great forum - get ready to enjoy the heck out of it!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
(09-17-2017, 04:57 AM)Michael Balfour Wrote: Hey Guys,

Just thought i would do a quick intro Smile

I live in Victoria, Australia. the reason i got into darts was i moved into a small country town and there was a small group playing darts at the pub so I joined them and loved it.

I use steel tip RVB95 25g but started on james wade unicorn 21g.

I have no fave pro as they are all freaks  to me Smile

I have not been playing long at all around 3 months, Im practicing pretty regularly at home 1-2 hrs a day 5 days a week and noticing minor improvements. This is one of the main reasons Im here to find better ways to improve as there is no leagues close to me to get tips from. 

Hopefully talk to all soon.

cheers 

Hello Mike,

As you are such a newbie to darts and want to improve my first piece of advice would be to study the throwing style of the  pro's on Youtube. Try and find out why their technique produces consistency. With darts its often the tiny things about a good players style that you may able to incorporate into your own that can give you the biggest improvement. Maybe there are already a couple whose throw is similar to you etc,.
For example I noticed that Gary Anderson looks through the flight at the target then throws, then how MVG's front foot is parallel to the oche line and how he brings each dart up to his throwing position in a straight line.etc,etc,. One thing you will soon notice with all the top players  is how rock solid their stance is.......there's very little to no movement from the waist/torso/shoulders/head etc and they're very relaxed too Blush .

Of course this didn't happen overnight and some players are naturally talented but this is very uncommon, for example a new player recently joined our premier league and qualified for the first division and he's already beaten some stalwarts and has only been playing since February  Confused

It is important to remember you have to develop a style that suits you, that you can maintain comfortably if you come away after a short session aching you'd better find out why Sad .

What is crucial is that you record your progress during practice, and don't over do it either , patience is the key word and having a purpose to your sessions. For an absolute beginner throwing 3 darts at each number from 1-20 is a good start, I maintain that grouping your darts closely is the key ingredient to consistent improvement but DO NOT get frustrated its a learning curve, the vast majority of players in this format have been playing for several years.

A good thing about this site is that there are so many fantastic players here who are very helpful. Some new players take a small clip of themselves actually throwing which we can be constructive too. I have learned a lot for good players who've given me several  little tips after observing my style which I cannot see.

Above all this enjoy the game for what it is an enjoyable friendly sport often accompanied by a beverage of some kind Big Grin 

Cheers

PS. See if you can find a league near you .....  http://www.clubsofaustralia.com.au/Darts...s?s_type=s
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Welcome to the forum!!
Current Darts: 23g RVB95 with short Fit Flight spinning stems, standard flights and Onyx points.

Current Board: B5DC on the wall!!!

Best Finishes : 14 Darts ;  132
welcome to DNF! great choice in darts Smile
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
2019 180s: 90

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro of myself Łukasz Kurzawinski 20 348 09-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  Hello from South Australia John Brown 40 647 07-25-2019, 07:34 AM