Website to practice and play darts - godartspro.com
Ho fellow darters,
I've gotten some great feedback and requests for my website and quite a few have requested possibility to practice/play n01-games as well.

Since I'm a good guy  Rolleyes  I've been working quite hard lately and have now published a BETA-version of a new app to practice/play 501,301 etc.
Once you're logged in it appears in red BETA in top menu.

I do want to get some feedback on how to improve the app before I add more functions to it. Of course feedback about functionality but also if you have any ideas of the layout of information and "user experience" while using the app. And of course, if you find some weird bug or have questions, send me PM / feedback about that as well. Smile

For the moment it is only possible to play against a local guest (on same device). 
I will however open up functionality to play against other members on same device or different places in the universe...

There's no statistics saved (in database) right now in the BETA-version but you can run a complete game with a few options.
The buttons in the game could be handled by clicking, touching or using the keyboard on the computer.

Cheers! Smile

[Image: DrDsp5z.jpg]
(10-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Texas Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 11:12 PM)bk123456 Wrote: Hi,
First of all: I love the idea and will give it a try as soon as I'm back at my darts and my board!

Actually this post could be a bit off topic but you asked for feedback and I dare to respond with a somewhat weird idea ;-)

I was just thinking if you could add another practice.
Not for the darts and the board but for the math and the brain...

I would love to have an app that allows me to improve my calculation skiĺs when I 'm off the dart board but still in front of the keyboard or smartphone.

What I have in mind is an app that shows me the throw and what was hit and I need to enter the count.
It could start at 301 or 501 and simulate the throw.
I as the player have to do the math.
If i enter the correct remaing score the computer gives me the nex three darts and shows what was hit with them and I do the math again, I enter what I calculated and if correct the computer gives me the next three darts and what was hit.

If I enter the wrong figure the app tells me this and I need to enter the count again until my math was correct.

The app could count how often my calculation was wrong and how long it took for each calculation in seconds and the average time for each leg.

This would help to train the calculation skills and would be a nice pastime game whe no darts and no board is available.

Not sure if I was able to explain what I'm looking for and if this is just nutz in the forums definition or if it's plain nonsense.

I was tinkering with the idea for quite a while but due to my own lack of programming skills and seeing what you've delivered I dared to bring this up ;-)

Cheers

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry for the delay of my answer! I've been away traveling and had a crazy week. :O
I like your idea a lot as it is important to practice your calculating skills as well. I could really see myself using an app like that on the next flight. I'll see what I can do with it! I'll let you know! Smile

Btw, I've added two "Friday the 13th badges" for you all to try to grab today! Smile

And I've been working a lot with another application for the site as well... Soon as a BETA to try out.
Happy practicing! Smile

[Image: 7SKsNSL.jpg]

Thanks for your reply Smile no need for hurry. Just in case you run out of ideas Rolleyes 
Will try out all the exising features asap, there is plenty of things to discover Smile 

Cheers
I've done some minor updates on the site and also added a BETA version of a Cricket game application.
You will find both the N01-game app and the Cricket-game app at:
https://www.godartspro.com/beta

One thing about the Cricket app I would like to get some feedback on is the entering of the scores.
Right now you click on the number in the middle section to mark one hit or use the keyboard with the small numbers printed on each button. 
Would it be better to have treble, double and single buttons for each number to track the hits?
That way I could present a lot mor statistics after the game. But then it will be more buttons and not that easy to use the keyboard either I guess. All feedback is good feedback!  Smile
Cheers!

[Image: zMOURdx.jpg]
I will try the app ASAP. Will get back with review and possible ideas. Thnx for your hard work to make it possible.
(10-20-2017, 11:02 AM)chak840 Wrote: I will try the app ASAP. Will get back with review and possible ideas. Thnx for your hard work to make it possible.

Thanks! I haven't been a fan of Cricket before but during the past weeks development of the app I've been enjoying it a lot and can't wait to finish it to use it for real! Smile Looking forward to your review and ideas! Cheers!
Great job mate!!! +1

I've been using some excel sheets to track my progress and this is much much better. So far I have tried A1, 100@ and triples. Tried it on laptop and my phone, it is much easier to enter the score on a phone/tablet rather then on a laptop. I will come here with suggestions for new apps and practice drills when I have something.

Once again thank you very much for this site.
(10-24-2017, 12:56 PM)chak840 Wrote: Great job mate!!! +1

I've been using some excel sheets to track my progress and this is much much better. So far I have tried A1, 100@ and triples. Tried it on laptop and my phone, it is much easier to enter the score on a phone/tablet rather then on a laptop. I will come here with suggestions for new apps and practice drills when I have something.

Once again thank you very much for this site.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like it and also think it is easier and perhaps more fun than excel sheets! Smile
I created a lot of excel sheets for darts in the early 90's when I played a lot but when I took up darts this summer I thought I needed a more modern way to track my practice. I'm looking forward to hear your ideas and suggestions for the site.

Right now I'm developing some social functions for user to connect and interact with each other.
After this I will add functions to play against (Cricket + N01 to start with) and to practice with (all current applications).

I have many more ideas but It's more fun if some of the ideas comes from other users too! So bring em on! Smile
Cheers!
I've started using this as part of my practice session.

I have a suggestion but there's a chance I'm the only person who wants this so understand if you ignore my request! On the 61-100 finishes game would it be possible to have a checkbox so that the suggested route is not displayed. Part of this drill for me is to remember which way to attempt the finish and I find it distracting for the app to advise me. As I say, I might be the only one who thinks like this so no worries if it's not something you think worth the effort!!

The apps I've used work well though and the whole thing looks really good
+1
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(10-25-2017, 01:17 AM)Banz Wrote: I've started using this as part of my practice session.

I have a suggestion but there's a chance I'm the only person who wants this so understand if you ignore my request!  On the 61-100 finishes game would it be possible to have a checkbox so that the suggested route is not displayed.  Part of this drill for me is to remember which way to attempt the finish and I find it distracting for the app to advise me.  As I say, I might be the only one who thinks like this so no worries if it's not something you think worth the effort!!

+1

I’d like to see this as well. Have been meaning to say thanks for site. I especially like the A1 app. When recording it manually I’d always forget to record the number off rounds it took. The app makes that easy. Cheers +1.
[Image: R8O4PSc.jpg]
22g Peter Wright Mamba
(10-25-2017, 01:17 AM)Banz Wrote: I've started using this as part of my practice session.

I have a suggestion but there's a chance I'm the only person who wants this so understand if you ignore my request!  On the 61-100 finishes game would it be possible to have a checkbox so that the suggested route is not displayed.  Part of this drill for me is to remember which way to attempt the finish and I find it distracting for the app to advise me.  As I say, I might be the only one who thinks like this so no worries if it's not something you think worth the effort!!

+1

Thanks Banz for your feedback! Happy you enjoy and use the site you too! 
I think that is a great idea! I myself need to practice the math a lot and too often want to see outs suggestion instead of doing the math myself!
It was such a good idea I included it right away! Smile   Thanks again! Let me know if you have any other great ideas! Cheers!  

[Image: FbdMrBM.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number Of Darts To Play 301 AD18 19 1,801 04-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Baloos
  New Training Website Needs Your Help jkerr 13 2,072 01-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Tom12481
  Drills website AbnormallyWeird 2 805 04-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Banz