Winmau Dennis Priestley and others.
Here are darts I keep in my pocket when leaving home.

From right to left:

My main set is Winmau Dennis Priestley's that should be 23g but are 22.2-22.3g (if someone can explain why, I'm happy to know) these rock with kite flights on short shafts of somekind.

In the middle there is paint stripped Red Dragon Freestyles 22g which were first that thin darts to fit in my hand. I just sold these to my friend because he really liked them and they were my backup. Standard flights and shafts.

On the left I have something from 90's. They are 24g and I have no clue what darts they are, those are my backup backups. Standard flights fit nicely to those Winmau vipers on these.
(09-09-2017, 02:50 PM)Musher Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Hi Musher,

You've got me a bit confused as you have 3 entirely different dart shapes with 3 different weights....why do you call the other sets 'backups'? Undecided

Why not get another set of Priestly's because they would be real backups if, for example, you snapped a point or couldn't get a broken stem out during a match?

Just a thought ... Wink 

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

You do got valid point there Dorian!

Thing is that I'm not sure at the moment what darts I'm going to use. I just got back to the game after long hiatus, you know. Those old backups were back in the day my last resort and since I haven't found my other darts I bought some new ones and went for Priestley's which was kind of dart I used to throw.

Freestyles were backups, since I just got them to test out if they fit me and surprisingly they did. I have had problems with narrow darts before but for some reason those were ok and I could play as well with them as with the Menaces.

Still figuring out what to do and where to go. I'm getting couple more sets of those Priestley's for backups since those suits me well.

But I'm still going through different darts. Those things changed so much since 90's Smile

Hope this clarifies things...

(09-10-2017, 03:18 AM)Dorian Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
(09-10-2017, 08:40 AM)Musher Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Aye...sort of.

Best regards

Dorian
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

And those spares are good to carry around if there is someone who don't have their own darts.

(09-10-2017, 10:03 AM)Dorian Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Hi any idea if gold Priestley 22g darts are available anywhere?I use silver 21 with orrible red and black paint removed.but would love gold set .thanks for any advice,cheery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light side Winmau Dennis Priestley's mc1958 2 211 07-21-2019, 12:06 AM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Dennis Priestly Gold 15g darts Getagrip 29 7,759 05-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Last Post: David Tabrett
  13.7g (barrel weight) Winmau Priestley softips Kosumo 4 1,271 01-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Getagrip