heavy darts whats your experience
(10-10-2013, 04:55 AM)Dorian Wrote: My new Andy Hamilton's plus my short brass shafts and flights weigh in at 27.5 gms. They arc when thrown is very flat and very true as mentioned in earlier posts, there is no doubt in my mind that the flatter arc of a heavier dart is more stable in the air, no fish tailing or high loops. My son filmed them yesterday when I was practicing using the ipad video and I was surprised how shallow they flew.

Cheers,

Dorian
yep inertia.
even the softest thrower can get a good arc
It makes me wonder how good some of these pros could be without there stubbornness.
Taylor for example traded a strait barrel for a bullet in 98ish cus he WANTED to better himself after becoming 10 time'ish world champion. And that what's makes him a champoin/prick

The traditional aspect of sticking with the one set of darts can bite one in the @rss
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

+ speeking of heavy darts I think that until they make a softip board that will accommodate a 26'ish dart, then they will have to wait an extra decade to FULLY bring electric softy girly darts into the real world of people who are not embarrassed to throw "weighted" darts because that is what is expected of them.

Besides Barney, Phil, Hamilton and the like
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

(10-10-2013, 02:12 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: + speeking of heavy darts I think that until they make a softip board that will accommodate a 26'ish dart, then they will have to wait an extra decade to FULLY bring electric softy girly darts into the real world of people who are not embarrassed to throw "weighted" darts because that is what is expected of them.

Besides Barney, Phil, Hamilton and the like

You and your heavy darts! I think it's a sign of lacking something somewhere else! You know like driving a big truck! lol
Just messing with ya Dirty - you my buddy!
Hi guys

Sorry to 'bump' an old thread.

Its really bizaare with my darts team. I showed them my 26g whitlocks & they were like "god there light". I was like ????? However there all lobbing 30g +. One guy we were playing this week was lobbing a 40g one. I didnt get a chance to try but they flew great (for him).

It has made me think tho. Would love to try a 30g+ if anyone has any going?
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

While heavier darts have their advantages(can be more forgiving)... The disadvantages ruin them for me. Hard to group, damage board more... I've throw everything from 17g to 32g... my happy zone is 22-24 depending on style
(10-09-2013, 09:00 PM)*Saber* Wrote: heavy darts- love them - I normally shoot 26gm straight barrel. Notice Taylor shoots 26gm- Hamilton 25 gm - Barney 25gm just to name a few.

Barney swapped to a 23g dart a while back i think
I think most players when starting out tend to go for a heavier dart but as they progress, they go lighter. It seems that the majority of "good" players I know like a 20/21 gram dart. For all the switching I've been doing, lately I just can't throw a heavy dart at all. Just when I thought a 24 gram weight would work, now I find them way too heavy. Go figure Tongue
^ ^ ^

Did ya hear that Dirty G? Lol. Had to get one in on you, your up
I've heard from some people I've played with say that they can get arm fatigue earlier when throwing heavier darts.

Yes, grouping can be an issue as well as board damage. I recently got 25 gram Rhenium B straight barrels and the THUMPING on my board kinda makes me wince a bit, can't be good on that board.

I do remember John Lowe mentioning in his book to bring an identical set of darts with you to competitions that are 2 grams heavier because sometimes the venue might have AC blowing straight down over the throwing area.

I suppose the same can be said for throwing out of doors at a free standing board setup.
I will be having a go with the 26g Rossos when my hand is better, tried them in the past but will give em another go.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]