Barrels too short now. Any way to extend the length?
Good Lord! Can you imagine the brothels being gentrified? And Hipsterized? With themed retro vintage/heritage decor! Come, and get whisked back to the whorehouses of the 1940!!! Spend $169 for an intense 10 minute boost and get the collectible  Kong Guan Biscotti in a rubber foil wrap with your favorite Kopi-O Kau-Stretto! Lol

Is the Yard still operating? There's no more website listing (the domain is vacant), and their FB was last updated in 2015. Was there ever dartboards at the Express Pub within the hotel at the Railway station? What were your darting haunts before?

Sweet barrels! I was longing for the Grippers much much earlier on to convert into a double threaded barrel, but was distracted by the Japanese offerings along the way! The Barkleys also caught my interest!  Smile
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Yea, play a japanese imperial guard with a choice of comfort women. I think brothels being gentrified is not a bad idea. U get hygiene and all the good stuff. Soaplands are not cheap.

I pass the Yard occasionally and they dont seem closed. I'm new to darts, a couple months old. Have not been out much lately, plugging away at work. Have not been to pubs with darts. For sure will drop by forest2

The japanese offerings are pretty sweet. Loads of detailing. What do u think of this
https://w-darts.com/rc-no-center-ray-car...gory_id=54
I think Chris had the best idea, email Antony and see if a peace could be made or someone closer to your location
(08-28-2017, 04:19 AM)shingmm Wrote: Yea, play a japanese imperial guard with a choice of comfort women. I think brothels being gentrified is not a bad idea. U get hygiene and all the good stuff. Soaplands are not cheap.

I pass the Yard occasionally and they dont seem closed. I'm new to darts, a couple months old. Have not been out much lately, plugging away at work. Have not been to pubs with darts. For sure will drop by forest2

The japanese offerings are pretty sweet. Loads of detailing. What do u think of this
https://w-darts.com/rc-no-center-ray-car...gory_id=54

According to a food blogger's entry on 2017, it still lists The Yard as being operational I guess, but as with a lot of these places, including many Irish Pubs, it also stated 'dartboard', and not 'dartboards' (the article was written by a Caucasian so I assume fairly accurate grammar). Might be a bit of a wait if others are playing.

Forest2 has much more soft-tippers there, FYI. Upside is you would likely have the steelboard area entirely to yourself, but it can get lonely.

The gentrification of so many areas is really going to kill whatever is left of the soul of any of those places! Wonder which area is next?

Ray Carver's Zero - what specifically are you looking to ask about Shing? I guess I'm not exactly one to go for smooth darts to be honest, except that it's exciting in that it offers me lots of real estate for me to get a mirror polish on the smooth sections than one with cuts!  Big Grin

(08-28-2017, 04:32 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think Chris had the best idea, email Antony and see if a peace could be made or someone closer to your location

Definitely ideal Crusher!  Smile I'm looking at the shafts option first though.
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
The Caucasian might be a Ukrainian from the caucasus. But for sure, I'll be looking to try some good darts places
Have I got this correct the darts in the link in post#17 are they priced at Euros 539? or is the what appears a euro denomination sign relating to some other currency ?
(08-28-2017, 10:16 AM)Little al Wrote: Have I got this correct the darts in the link in post#17 are they priced at Euros 539? or is the what appears a euro denomination sign relating to some other currency ?

Correct, it's 539 Euro.

Always though if a darts company made an aluminium stem extender kit it would be a top seller I have a few carbon stem that are now to short and paid £25 each but have moved to next size up, must come out in the future surely.
Cheers Geordie.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight Barrels : Are Shorter Barrels More Stable? portsetonloyal 26 7,439 12-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Barrel length. Trainman 5 454 09-30-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Trainman
  Having darts cut down in length Mattb0612 8 1,240 07-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: jimdandy