Barrels too short now. Any way to extend the length?
(08-27-2017, 03:35 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I guess all of them are made by China so a lot of it is a matter of luck! Lol! Thanks for the heads up Shingmm! If you need the Add-A-Gram for the weight, you could go with the beautifully machined Tungsten Bull's Star version in rings or plain.  Smile

https://tshop.r10s.jp/hive/cabinet/n_dar...in=330:330

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hive/cabinet/...0087_1.jpg

BTW, have you found a nice pub to play steeltip yet?
Interesting. I bought some add-a-gram from a180. Those are great. But now I prefer shorter,lighter barrels.
No, I havent found a nice pub to play steeltip. Where do u recommend. The dartslive machines are just too expensive and mostly in some dark bar playing 90s era chinese music or just swarmed by annoying teenagers.
You're welcome AD. Only problem using only the TI-part could be that the second thread to the carbonpart is no 2BA. It is smaller. If you have any shafts with a smaller thread and a max diameter of 5,1mm it will work...
(08-27-2017, 09:36 AM)Rabe1 Wrote: You're welcome AD. Only problem using only the TI-part could be that the second thread to the carbonpart is no 2BA. It is smaller. If you have any shafts with a smaller thread and a max diameter of 5,1mm it will work...

Only see the Slikstix replacement tops being usable, possibly. A bit limited, but not terribly so (due to the length of the tops).
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(08-27-2017, 07:23 AM)shingmm Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 03:35 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I guess all of them are made by China so a lot of it is a matter of luck! Lol! Thanks for the heads up Shingmm! If you need the Add-A-Gram for the weight, you could go with the beautifully machined Tungsten Bull's Star version in rings or plain.  Smile

https://tshop.r10s.jp/hive/cabinet/n_dar...in=330:330

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hive/cabinet/...0087_1.jpg

BTW, have you found a nice pub to play steeltip yet?
Interesting. I bought some add-a-gram from a180. Those are great. But now I prefer shorter,lighter barrels.
No, I havent found a nice pub to play steeltip. Where do u recommend. The dartslive machines are just too expensive and mostly in some dark bar playing 90s era chinese music or just swarmed by annoying teenagers.

I dare not ask which Jln Besar or Geylang bar or lounge you been in Shing!!!  Lol Lol Lol

Forest at Ang Siang sees a CBD working crowd on weekdays (NO steel play on Fridays and Saturdays), so that's pretty ok. Nice, old school wooden interior that's quite cozy actually ... and you know what comes next right? The bad news ... is the Karaoke in the next room. Just be prepared is all I can say!  Big Grin

[Image: i-cXZPmdv.jpg]

Forest 2 at Shenton Way features a more modern interior, with three boards right at the end which is hardly used at all. Crowd is a mix of working CBD, and young adults generally.

Best two places I can recommend right now that's open to public, as you might already know, steel has pretty much died out in Asia except perhaps Philippines and Thailand.

Shorter and lighter you say? Which darts are you using now or have?
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
I dare not ask which Jln Besar or Geylang bar or lounge you been in Shing!!!  Lol Lol Lol

Forest at Ang Siang sees a CBD working crowd on weekdays (NO steel play on Fridays and Saturdays), so that's pretty ok. Nice, old school wooden interior that's quite cozy actually ... and you know what comes next right? The bad news ... is the Karaoke in the next room. Just be prepared is all I can say!  Big Grin

Forest 2 at Shenton Way features a more modern interior, with three boards right at the end which is hardly used at all. Crowd is a mix of working CBD, and young adults generally.

Best two places I can recommend right now that's open to public, as you might already know, steel has pretty much died out in Asia except perhaps Philippines and Thailand.

Shorter and lighter you say? Which darts are you using now or have?

That awesome, u should do a thread on places to play in singapore, I'd imagine there's a fair few sg darters here . Geylang bar is where all the action's at. The whole district is undergoing gentrification, so not as exciting, all the asian expats and romantics are chased away by people from the far west. How about the yard, the "english pub"? 

I just got a gripper 3 from unicorn & a micro stem, fantastic grip. But, I rediscovering my trinidad barkley with an extra short. I find that for short lighter darts, u pull back less, u can pull back to ur eye line/nose and still have good confident power in your throw without overcompensating.

Good Lord! Can you imagine the brothels being gentrified? And Hipsterized? With themed retro vintage/heritage decor! Come, and get whisked back to the whorehouses of the 1940!!! Spend $169 for an intense 10 minute boost and get the collectible  Kong Guan Biscotti in a rubber foil wrap with your favorite Kopi-O Kau-Stretto! Lol

Is the Yard still operating? There's no more website listing (the domain is vacant), and their FB was last updated in 2015. Was there ever dartboards at the Express Pub within the hotel at the Railway station? What were your darting haunts before?

Sweet barrels! I was longing for the Grippers much much earlier on to convert into a double threaded barrel, but was distracted by the Japanese offerings along the way! The Barkleys also caught my interest!  Smile

Yea, play a japanese imperial guard with a choice of comfort women. I think brothels being gentrified is not a bad idea. U get hygiene and all the good stuff. Soaplands are not cheap.

I pass the Yard occasionally and they dont seem closed. I'm new to darts, a couple months old. Have not been out much lately, plugging away at work. Have not been to pubs with darts. For sure will drop by forest2

The japanese offerings are pretty sweet. Loads of detailing. What do u think of this
https://w-darts.com/rc-no-center-ray-car...gory_id=54
I think Chris had the best idea, email Antony and see if a peace could be made or someone closer to your location
(08-28-2017, 04:19 AM)shingmm Wrote: Yea, play a japanese imperial guard with a choice of comfort women. I think brothels being gentrified is not a bad idea. U get hygiene and all the good stuff. Soaplands are not cheap.

I pass the Yard occasionally and they dont seem closed. I'm new to darts, a couple months old. Have not been out much lately, plugging away at work. Have not been to pubs with darts. For sure will drop by forest2

The japanese offerings are pretty sweet. Loads of detailing. What do u think of this
https://w-darts.com/rc-no-center-ray-car...gory_id=54

According to a food blogger's entry on 2017, it still lists The Yard as being operational I guess, but as with a lot of these places, including many Irish Pubs, it also stated 'dartboard', and not 'dartboards' (the article was written by a Caucasian so I assume fairly accurate grammar). Might be a bit of a wait if others are playing.

Forest2 has much more soft-tippers there, FYI. Upside is you would likely have the steelboard area entirely to yourself, but it can get lonely.

The gentrification of so many areas is really going to kill whatever is left of the soul of any of those places! Wonder which area is next?

Ray Carver's Zero - what specifically are you looking to ask about Shing? I guess I'm not exactly one to go for smooth darts to be honest, except that it's exciting in that it offers me lots of real estate for me to get a mirror polish on the smooth sections than one with cuts!  Big Grin

(08-28-2017, 04:32 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think Chris had the best idea, email Antony and see if a peace could be made or someone closer to your location

Definitely ideal Crusher!  Smile I'm looking at the shafts option first though.

The Caucasian might be a Ukrainian from the caucasus. But for sure, I'll be looking to try some good darts places

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extra short stems joellypotts 1 183 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  The Short, Fat Dart Thread Humdinger 21 3,739 04-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Trukje
  Barrel length. Trainman 5 415 09-30-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Trainman
  Short vs Intermediate Stems DAVEISTHENAME 10 893 04-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Noj
  Straight Barrels : Are Shorter Barrels More Stable? portsetonloyal 24 5,622 12-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Thin short darts Wigz 9 1,430 11-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: El_duderino
  Having darts cut down in length Mattb0612 8 1,148 07-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: jimdandy
  Long or short ? jimdandy 6 3,514 02-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Preferred shaft length The HeartBreaker 21 5,486 10-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Omp
  Oche Length? Dorian 4 1,514 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Dorian