Jocky Wilson
Leighton Rees
Bob Anderson
Keith Deller
Alan Evans
Bobby George
[Show Results]

Players of the past (pre 1990) who would be the biggest threat today
Bristow, Wilson, Lowe and Anderson would all do well today.

I'd love to see today's players play a tournament on an old style board, thick wires with staples all over the place. I would be interesting to see how they get on with smaller targets and loads of bounce outs.
(02-12-2018, 11:56 AM)Koivu Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
You are correct although he'd reached 2 major finals in 89 & 90 he wasn't quite at his peak. Interestingly Phil Taylor wrote in his biography that Dennis was the bast player he'd played against.

According to Wikipedia:

"In 1992, Priestley entered the 1993 Embassy World Championship as the number-one seed. In his first-round tie against Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile , he set a new record for the highest match average (102.6) at the championship, which stood until 2004. In his autobiography, Bobby Dazzler, Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile recalled that, during the same championship, he played Priestley in a best of nine-leg practice match. Priestley had a dart for a perfect 9-dart finish in every leg en route to recording a 5-0 win using a total of only 49 darts (10, 10, 10, 10, and 9). George stated that, although it was only a practice match, this was the greatest Lakeside performance he has ever seen and was disappointed that Priestley's surprise 2nd-round defeat to Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile cost him a substantial wager that he had understandably placed on Priestley winning his second Embassy title."

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Would have loved to see a Cockney vs Cocky (Cadby) match Wink
Moddarts 22 Gram Keith Deller'sModdarts
(02-13-2018, 04:57 PM)OAKZER Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I don't think that would be much of a contest mate, Bristow would have eaten him alive.
Bristow for sure but I was a big fan of the Fen Tiger,Peter Evison back in the day.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
Bristowwith mind games and ability would cope
Bristow head and shoulders over the rest in his prime.....
Bristow would wipe the floor with them all ... in fact just like Taylor he would have them beat before a dart was thrown.
(02-12-2018, 04:31 PM)Jockyoche78 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterCan you imagine Gerwin price playing on them boards ... lol lol lol
Bristow then lowe. It's been questioned whether brissy would have put in the work but you don't win 5world titles without work. Bobby George would also be interesting as the money today would have kept him in it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Cook: NOTW champion 1990 NiteEyez 4 347 10-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez