Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section?
The BSS section is not the reason this forum exists, it is an added bonus and all deals within that section are done at the risk of both the buyers and sellers.

As said above the reason for the 50 post limit to use that section is so that we can get to know the member(s) we are dealing with - yes you can make 50 random posts in order to use that section but past activity on the forum is easy enough to check up for anyone wanting to do a deal. And if people want to circumvent the 50 posts and do deals by using the pm system then that is up to them.

What I would suggest though is that any deals done with members you are not sure of - eg new members - then in the case of swaps the new member sends first and the older member sends once they have received the goods. Or in the case of anyone selling then send your goods using a delivery confirmation/signed for service so that you have proof of delivery in case of any potential paypal disputes.
Thanks for the responses/clarification.
Skirting the rules is not recommended - they are there for a reason - please respect our rules. Sooner or later there will be a sad ending if this continues.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
(06-18-2018, 05:08 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Skirting the rules is not recommended - they are there for a reason - please respect our rules.  Sooner or later there will be a sad ending if this continues.

Honestly, with all sincerity, I am not looking to skirt the rules (or be difficult).

That said, I cannot actually find a rule that says no buying/selling via PM - only that 50 posts is the entry requirement to access posting in the BSS.
(06-18-2018, 05:12 PM)Drano Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 05:08 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Skirting the rules is not recommended - they are there for a reason - please respect our rules.  Sooner or later there will be a sad ending if this continues.

Honestly, with all sincerity, I am not looking to skirt the rules (or be difficult).

That said, I cannot actually find a rule that says no buying/selling via PM - only that 50 posts is the entry requirement to access posting in the BSS.

I can make it one real quick but won't for now- Too many rules is not my or this forum's style - Common sense is.
(06-18-2018, 05:16 PM)*Saber* Wrote:

I can make it one real quick but won't for now- Too many rules is not my or this forum's style - Common sense is.

Got it, thanks, please don't create any new rules on my account - I'd prefer not to be "that guy".
(06-18-2018, 05:25 PM)Drano Wrote:

Got it, thanks, please don't create any new rules on my account - I'd prefer not to be "that guy".

You get a plus 1 for that Big Grin your first rep point too.
(06-18-2018, 05:27 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 05:25 PM)Drano Wrote:

You get a plus 1 for that  Big Grin your first rep point too.

Cool, thanks!  I really am here for the darts (learning and improving that is) it's just I also get easily distracted by shiny things....
I think I may have said in the past that if people want to do deals in private then thats up to them, like anything its down to the people who are involved to take the risks if they wish to trade with new members via PM. No matter how many posts an individual has its not guaranteeing that they are trustworthy but its just an extra thing put in place originally just to stop people joining and trading publicly straight off which is what happened in the past and members were a little uncomfortable about it.

As we all know though even people that seemed trustworthy like Firenze aka Fox180 aka Gareth Jones did lots of good deals before ripping a lot of people off so there is no 100% secure way of making trading safe at least not in a way thats easy to administrate.

Since I was one of the guys Fox ripped off I have barely done any trading at all these last few years. Only traded with people I have known for a lot of years and felt I could properly trust but even a few years ago I was ripped off by another guy who I traded with previously many times so like I say nothing is 100% safe in this, all we can do is put things in place that may be makes it a little tougher for the one off in and out scammers.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(06-19-2018, 03:35 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think I may have said in the past that if people want to do deals in private then thats up to them, like anything its down to the people who are involved to take the risks if they wish to trade with new members via PM.  No matter how many posts an individual has its not guaranteeing that they are trustworthy but its just an extra thing put in place originally just to stop people joining and trading publicly straight off which is what happened in the past and members were a little uncomfortable about it.

As we all know though even people that seemed trustworthy like Firenze aka Fox180 aka Gareth Jones did lots of good deals before ripping a lot of people off so there is no 100% secure way of making trading safe at least not in a way thats easy to administrate.

Since I was one of the guys Fox ripped off I have barely done any trading at all these last few years.  Only traded with people I have known for a lot of years and felt I could properly trust but even a few years ago I was ripped off by another guy who I traded with previously many times so like I say nothing is 100% safe in this, all we can do is put things in place that may be makes it a little tougher for the one off in and out scammers.

Thanks for the reply, that is all valid and fair.  Unfortunately, and it is sad, the internet is rife with unscrupulous people - even ones that you may had come to trust.  I do a lot of online buying and selling, with a little trading (I don't really like to trade, the risk is somewhat higher with that, so I generally stick to people I know).  Thankfully, I have never been ripped off but I have had a few moments of concern.  There are certain ways to protect oneself, but nothing is 100% secure.  And, it always amazes me how little some people are willing to forfeit their integrity and reputation over. 

Then again, I have also found many good and decent people online as well - kinda like the world in general.

So, while a 50 post count won't automatically establish a bona fides, there is a transaction in BSS that I would like to pursue so I am working diligently toward 50 posts in a good faith effort - while, hopefully, posting at least somewhat meaningful comments Wink

Unrelated to this thread, so I won't say much about it here, but I wanted to mention that I found your YT darts review channel and have been enjoying your videos!

Cheers,
Shane

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  buy / swap / sell Bounce Out 19 10,501 03-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Maruj