Cosmo Darts Feedback Thread
(10-05-2013, 05:51 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 05:41 PM)brenthahn Wrote: I bought a set a while back. Destroyed one flight the first day, and deflected an otherwise good shot. On the one hand, my darts may have been a bit sharp. On the other hand, the spinny-ness is useless if it doesn't work. Bought a new set of flights. Within another couple of days, in mid-match a dead-center robin hood broke the little lip in the stem that holds the flight in place. Argh!
Don't doubt you one bit but thats unusal really.
No kidding. A few of the guys I play with regularly have been using them happily and without problems for quite a while now. I'll admit I have a couple other gripes with the Cosmos that have nothing to do with their fragility. I find the spinny thing weird when I have the darts in my feeder hand, and I like wallets.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

got to go for now but what darts u using again now buddy? get back on this subj later off to beat up on someone lol
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
(10-05-2013, 06:01 PM)*Saber* Wrote: got to go for now but what darts u using again now buddy? get back on this subj later off to beat up on someone lol
I'm pretty sure I was using 22g Datadart CT's at that time. Tapered and almost entirely smooth. They were brand new at the time and the points on them seem to be made of some sort of ultra-high-carbon steel that's ridiculously sharp right out of the package, which I'm sure contributed to the problem. Yet I have only myself to blame. Sigh.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I have used the L-flight system (very good IMO) I even bought the little punch and did my own flights with the ring thing. I switched to Cosmos because of the ease of putting flights back on and the over all toughness of the product. Down side is still the cost IMO. The Gear line much tougher stems and air or fit flights good ( I use either).
Don't understand people saying the air flights last longer- no way is this true. The regular fit flights last a long time, air flights I have ruined several in one night. I won't buy them anymore, ok for soft tips but still too fragile.
(10-06-2013, 03:49 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Don't understand people saying the air flights last longer- no way is this true. The regular fit flights last a long time, air flights I have ruined several in one night. I won't buy them anymore, ok for soft tips but still too fragile.
I agree with ya Shawn - and a lot has to do with the dart itself.- I mean skin rippers and the flights might not last one round lol.
from my own experience the airs have lasted longer, because they are more flexible they bend out the way more.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(10-05-2013, 02:59 AM)Catch22 Wrote: Dirty, are you using the regular, or the air? Fit Airs are super flexible, compared to the more rigid regular ones. I can see how the regular ones would tear easily, but not the Airs.
Airs with spinning stems.

I was going to get the normal ones due to the fact that they are stiffer and should last longer but couldn't justify spending any more $ on something that may not have paid off.
Took a CHUNK out of the side of the air's within an hour of first using them, you could literally see the moment my heart broke. lol
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

Iv had a poor experience using Cosmo stuff. I researched the carbon gear for around a week before committing to buy set me back 20+ I think first week was fine.
It came to match day 3 darts thrown 1 bounce out the small carbon stem snapped straight in half but it was okay as the set come with 4.
The next day playing in a tournament it happens again but I haven't got a spare.

So I contacted the retailer I purchased them off I got put through to Cosmo they said they unfortunately do break. The stem that is branded as the most unbreakable stem and they could not do anything for me.

I then went back to the unnamed dart shop I received a £2 case as compo .

Fair to say haven't used them since
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]

Darts - Phase 5 lp edition, Sigma titanium slikstiks and custom Kite flights

Best 501 - (practice) 14 darts (competitive) 14 darts (WDA) 19 darts

High out - (practice) 170 (competitive) 106 (WDA) 110
I guess carbon is not as strong as they make out then, not so good really.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Cosmo Darts gear vanJupp 61 3,417 06-15-2019, 09:16 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  The weekly "Peter Wright has new darts" thread vanJupp 15 3,288 02-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Parvez1971
  12 week pro practise program feedback please Tankie 14 2,025 01-21-2018, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dartz152
  Put your questions for Voks Darts in this thread please Getagrip 41 14,576 07-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer
  New Cosmo darts mc1958 6 1,096 04-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: The G
  The ask COSMO Hybrid Shafts thread... dog 7 1,323 03-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter