Poll: Where do you grip your darts
Front
Middle
Rear
The stem
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Where do you grip your dart?
That sounds right to me. I always find myself throwing better when I try to put the dart in the board, rather than throw it. If that makes sense.
New board, new darts, does anyone know which store sells ability?
this has been a good poll I think, glad it was left running as the results are quite interesting, I thought most would be middle grippers but its rear grippers that have the highest percentage with 37.42% out of 155 votes cast.

1 of the votes cast is by a guest? Not sure how that was possible?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
My grip within the last 3 days has changed because as a one year player I went to a dart store looking for dart parts and to ask questions.

I have three set of darts all with straight barrels and same weight but different lengths and grip.

When I shot a few darts the owner recommended I change my grip for each set because my darts had a wobble I did not see. For the longer length barrels I hold them in the middle near the balance point with an extra short shaft. The short length barrel I hold in the rear with a slightly longer short shaft. The different shafts and flights allow for the dart not to wobble according to the person watching me.

So, depending upon the dart I use it will change from middle to rear.
Yeah I think because your closer to the balance point it is better for that particular dart, for I have a natural tendency to want to rest my fingers near the point so it makes holding darts further up the barrel feel strange and uncomfortable but I guess if I was to really put the effort and concentration in I could get used to alternative grips. Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Over the last year i have migrated to the very rear of the dart. I find it has improved my consistency and also allows a better follow through for me.
I think in some cases a rear grip could work best for some people as your pushing towards the centre of gravity of the dart as opposed to pulling it with a front grip but I guess at the end of the day you have to go with whats most comfortable.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I hold my dart just behind the center of gravity. If I try gripping up front, my dart corkscrews through the air.
Rearish of the barrel, right at the center of gravity of the dart. Maybe a hair behind.
[Image: GetSignature.ashx?id=359]
I dont think I posted, but pretty sure I voted. Im the opposite of Regulatori. If I throw from the front, the back of the dart wants to swing up and over the front, like it wants to front flip, then the flight just makes it wobble and hopefully stick in the board.

From the rear I push the dart just fine, so I am a pusher and a rear gripper, middle if the dart is too front weighted. Im pretty much always throwing from just behind the balance point.
My thumb and forefinger are at the very rear of the barrel with my index finger on the point so rear grip for me
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Grip dart Ideas barbelmaster 25 8,467 06-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  Chipped Pixel Grip Dart Dan180 13 511 03-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  New "feather grip" dart design! Panos Limperidiss 18 1,004 07-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Panos Limperidiss
  What's a good, midprice rear grip kind of dart? bballa 26 5,057 05-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: matthiaskoetz8
  Straight Barrel Dart With Newton / Andy Hamilton Style Grip portsetonloyal 8 919 01-15-2018, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Troll
  Dart grip styles?!? Craighiggins1 3 1,301 07-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: lap
  Dart Grip design Shroker 16 3,896 09-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Leaky
  Grip on back of dart, smooth up front Dmott 8 4,364 01-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Last Post: The Egg