Poll: Where do you grip your darts
Front
Middle
Rear
The stem
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Where do you grip your dart?
I used to use the rear but now I grasp near the front/mid-front. It almost feels like I'm dragging the darts to the board instead of pushing them...if that makes sense.
It says I voted front... But I don't grip at the front at all...
Thumb and index finger at the middle or slightly towards the back. Middle finger at that sweet spot where the barrel meets the point. Ring finger at the point just for steering. Same as the first time I picked up a dart I guess.
Love my long points with grip in the middle Smile
im a front gripper
darts: 23g Gary Anderson Phase 3
stems: short progrips
flights: large standard
Board: Winmau Blade 4

1st degree blackbelt in tae kwon do
Lately I don't know where to grip the dart. I play with a smooth dart. For some reason I completely forgot where to hold it. Nothing feels right. Middle? Back? Nothing seems to work. New darts in my near future.... Angry
Since I first voted on this (rear), my grip has migrated forward and now it is front to centre so quite a big change!
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I grip at the rear but slightly on the stem. I always tried to change but keep going back to it.
New board, new darts, does anyone know which store sells ability?
I've been trying to mess with this, but nothing I try is comfortable.

I have my thumb at the rear of the barrel, and my index finger laying along the top, with my middle finger proving support underneath.

(10-31-2014, 04:08 PM)ThunderEagle Wrote: I've been trying to mess with this, but nothing I try is comfortable.

I have my thumb at the rear of the barrel, and my index finger laying along the top, with my middle finger proving support underneath.
That sounds exactly the same as mine
New board, new darts, does anyone know which store sells ability?
I don't know how a lot of you can grip in the rear...every time I do that the darts tumble like a throwing knife. haha

I remember someone telling me awhile you're either a "pusher" or a "puller" when it comes to throwing.

It really makes sense now....I grip right near the nose and feel like I'm dragging/pulling the dart towards the board. Gripping from the rear feels like you're pushing/driving the dart forward.

Useless tidbit of information #118

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Grip dart Ideas barbelmaster 25 8,458 06-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  Chipped Pixel Grip Dart Dan180 13 508 03-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  New "feather grip" dart design! Panos Limperidiss 18 997 07-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Panos Limperidiss
  What's a good, midprice rear grip kind of dart? bballa 26 5,050 05-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: matthiaskoetz8
  Straight Barrel Dart With Newton / Andy Hamilton Style Grip portsetonloyal 8 915 01-15-2018, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Troll
  Dart grip styles?!? Craighiggins1 3 1,298 07-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: lap
  Dart Grip design Shroker 16 3,894 09-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Leaky
  Grip on back of dart, smooth up front Dmott 8 4,358 01-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Last Post: The Egg