Poll: How. Long does your home board last ?
<6 Months
< 1 Year
< 2 Years
< 3 Years
> 3 Years ++++
[Show Results]

Dartboard's Lifespan
I don't know how some of you get a year or more out of a board, especially the reports of up to 5 years. I get a new board at least once a year, and often before then. Like most American players, my Bull is the first to go and I do rotate my board regularly to even out the play the rest of it gets.

Now, I will admit, I do like a new board and I don't find the cost an issue with most of the ones I buy costing in the $60-$75 range, and that is not going to break the bank to buy one at least yearly for all the enjoyment I get out of using it.
Mine is getting a little bumpy(it's odd how it's the light sectors which seem to become bumpy a lot more than the black sectors) after a year but I don't see any problem in everyday play, so I'm hoping to get another year or more out of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-20-2017, 06:20 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI guess it's just me but I would have replaced that board a long time ago lol. Prefer myself a clean board
(11-20-2017, 07:27 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI'm a bit of a conservationist - if it's not on it's last legs, then all is well. There's been some good deals on the Blade 5 on ebay and I've wondered if it's worth buying that and then putting it in storage for when I finally do use it. But I thought I'd wait until the Blade 7 or 8 is released Big Grin
(11-20-2017, 07:27 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It's not just you.   I don't mind getting a new board at least every year and often sooner than that.  I've given away my "old" boards that are in better shape than some of the boards I played darts on in league play.   Matter of fact, I carried a board with me when playing league darts and would put mine up for the match if the bar's board was ratty.
(11-20-2017, 08:49 PM)Pgumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
What a relief!  Thought I was the only person Nutz enough to carry around their own board.  Tongue

cheers...
Play 2-3 hours a day and my blade 4 lasted 4 years. Then got a blade 5 dc for Xmas last year but also jumped on the Argos bandwagon when they were selling blade 4 for £20 but when you ordered and picked it up it was a blade 5 so got 4 spares so that should see me for a while lol
2017 ....180,s..........65
Three bulls ...............6
(11-30-2017, 11:08 PM)Steve Sinclair Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I would think you'd need to store them in a climate controlled place and even then just lying around, even in their shipping box,  will likely have an adverse effect on the sisal over time.   After all, it is made from an organic material.
(11-20-2017, 06:20 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterLate response ,but I saw this older poll just had some new activity so i was reading some responses .

I credit you for sticking with your board .  :arrows: 
I've never let a board get to  the condition your's is in before i replaced it . Sad

Match Darts=Unicorn John Part ® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

(12-01-2017, 12:19 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Could well do I opened one the other day and put up to use as the rotalock wouldnt attach to my blade 5 dc and it seemed as good as new to be fair, but thanks for the info I’ll keep my eyes on them
2017 ....180,s..........65
Three bulls ...............6