Poll: How. Long does your home board last ?
<6 Months
< 1 Year
< 2 Years
< 3 Years
> 3 Years ++++
[Show Results]

Dartboard's Lifespan
I won the Unicorn Eclipse Pro just a month or so after I had written my previous post here. It was a part of the first prize in a soft tip tournament :-)
Now it's two months with the Unicorn and I can't complain. I turn it regularly (more or less once a week) and it seems to be fine so far. The amount of bounce outs was reduced almost to zero compared to the Bulls boards. Anyway, two months is still a short period of time.
For the money it's the best board I have :-)) It cost me just an entry fee and credits for seven 2:0 wins. Approximately a tenth of it's price. Plus I could play darts while "purchasing" it :-)
My board is now just over a year old (because that's how long I've been playing), and mine is starting to get lumpy in parts. I'm hoping to get at least another year out of it, and I'll probably replace it after that time and when I see a good updated board(eg W blade 5 or 6) going for a very good price.
dont use a dehumidifier while your board is in the room like i did that made my blade 5 dc very soft i sort of fixed it by leaving a damp tea towel on it a few times for a few hours at a time with the board lead face up lead on the kitchen side but it was still never the same also there is a risk of the spider going rusty so be warned nutz
rod dog Angel
I've had 2 Blade 4s and a Shot! Bandit board since I started back playing (5-7hrs a week, using finger grip points almost exclusively).

I've only gotten a year out of both Blade 4s, they are fine up until about 30 weeks and then they go pretty quickly. The Bandit has been up for almost 2 years (101 weeks) but it's still got a lot of life left in it. I rotate my board 3 segments every week.

There is a Blade 5 that has been sitting around my house for almost a year and I am giving serious thought to selling it and getting another Bandit.
Used 4 boards since I started playing. Durability wise my Bulls Advantage 3 (same as the Shot Bandit) was the most durable, Gladiator 3 is a close second. At the bottom we have the Blade 5 and Unicorn Eclipse Pro, difference between those 2 is that with the Blade 5 the sisal starts coming out a bit faster but with the Eclipse Pro the holes don't heal at all.

All are very pleasant to play at though. The only boards I don't like are the older B4/B4DC because I get a lot of bounce-outs off the bigger wires.
There is a huge difference between Winmau B4 and Unicorn Eclipse Pro. Unicorn lasted only one year and B4 just keeps going after two years of intensive use.
(11-12-2017, 11:08 AM)hyjeena Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Good to here. Thanks for the info. My Blade 5 is my first Dartboard and I'm hoping to get a couple of years out of it.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
My first board was a B4DC and I destroyed the bull in 4 months but I was throwing at least 2 hours a day. I replaced it with a B5DC and I have reduced my practice to at most 2 hours a day.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(11-12-2017, 04:57 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes, that's what I purchased as well. The Blade 5 Dual Core (B5DC), and I practice between 2 and three hours a day. Hopefully I will be able to split up practicing time when I get the Gran Board 2 Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
have mine longfield board now for 5 years. Every week rotating will do the job for me Big Grin